[TLE] Woven Shadow Chestplate

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Venser, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Venser Active Member

The Woven Shadow Chestplate that drops in SoH (from the Maestro mob) has a proc called Fangs of Byzola that deals Mental damage. The proc lands, not often, but enough to where it should show some sort of damage dealt. However upon further investigation the damage shown per swing is 0 Heat damage. In turn, the proc does not work and or is registering incorrectly to negate it actually dealing damage. It would be greatly appreciated if it were looked into asap. Thank you.

Also if the DPS mod were Attack Speed it would be BiS considering the proc worked. but for most scouts it will be regardless.
  2. Caul Shivers Active Member

Just to confirm, proc's broken, does 0 damage.

Got this yesterday for a hefty amount of DKP, as this was one of the best scout items in the expansion back in the day, basically due to that proc.

Please take a look at it and see if something can be done to fix it - like I said, it was one of the iconic scout items from SoH.

(and agree with Venser, attack speed instead of the DPS would make much more sense - but okay, if the proc's fixed, item'll still be really good)

Ty in advance :)

Nimrael, Europa, Stormhold
  3. Venser Active Member

Update:

So I found that I skimmed over the text perhaps too quickly and realized that "Mindbite" was the proc and it is working. Fangs of Byzola just happens to land in outgoing damage. So 12 procs of Fangs accounted for 75 hits of Mindbite which was indeed Mental damage.

It is nice to see it works, but adding 6-10 DPS to 55 minutes of encounters is a little sad unfortunately. The potency makes it a nice piece otherwise, but the damage from the proc is extremely weak, my Lunge Reversal does double that, and that itself is one of the weakest procs that exist for Swash AA.
  4. Caul Shivers Active Member

Alright, I'll check my parses from last night to see what it did.

Also, I realize doing individual items is a drag for the devs, but there's very little in terms of scout gear in these three new zones, getting these few iconic items fixed would help a lot.

Even only changing the DPS on the Woven Shadow Chestplate to Attack Speed would help loads in making the item viable, otherwise I'm back at the Trak chestpiece (which in turn, is the only piece of VP gear that isn't a downgrade for a brigand compared to solo/heroic gear).
    Swash and brig already got shafted on the outdated mythical procs and weak VP set gear, any help on these items would be appreciated.

I hope looking into a few select (iconic) items from Shard of Hate wouldn't be too much to ask, give us something more to look forward to before TSO comes out.