TLE Vote: Unlock Desert of Flame Expansion Content

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

Weren't the results released about 1 day before the vote would have ended? It sure wasn't just 2 days into the vote.
    Eradani likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I feel you mis understood.
    I want to have the vote run the full length, I felt it was a bit unfair that they cancelled the first vote early just because they felt they could have predicted the outcome.
    you seem to be a quick one to judge there
  3. Master Nala Member

If its statistically impossible for one side to win, why not call it early? What's unfair?
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Yeah, sort of, when there are 1000 accounts, 900 have voted, and it's 750 to 150. That last 100 really can't change the final result.
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  5. Einzelhaft Narynn New Member

It was totally fair, because math... I doubt even republicans could have tweaked the vote to overcome math...
    Prissetta and Bravely like this.
  6. Detor Active Member

Isn't that a good thing if you want a yes vote then? This time it must be close enough that the people who haven't voted yet can still sway it one way or the other.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Arconiat New Member

I'm pretty sure the vote ran until the end, they just released the results a day early as they would not change the outcome
  8. Blaupunkt Active Member

Thats how I understand it as well, the vote did run the full week but results were released early because it was such a massive difference.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Kilbane New Member

I am hoping DOF comes out...I have already hit a content wall at this point.
  10. SeaJae Member

I haven't played at all this month, so it'd be nice to be able to get back into the game.
  11. cloud001 New Member

yupp, cancelled my account a month ago, pls someone post here if DoF goes live so i can resub :)
  12. Lovidicus Active Member

Vote YES!

Because:
    If you haven't finished the shattered lands content, it's still there to finish!

Also Because:
    If we keep the server progressing, people who are done with shattered lands will continue to play and when the folks who are taking their time finally arrive, there will still be people to play with!

Logic!
  13. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Glad to see you go. Your inpatients and crying "i'm taking my ball and going home" mentality are not wanted anyway. You leaving has next to no affect on the server, DBG decision making, or anything else about the game.

1) No. That content will no longer be relevant as the top tier will be T6. T5 will turn into a pit stop on the road to max level.

2) The people done with Shattered Lands will be the same people that rush and complete DoF. They will advocate for progressing forward again with KoS. The people who leave because of a No vote are a small population. They are only the loud minority. Them leaving or staying will not affect the server in a great way. Only the end game will be affected, which is what they are complaining about a lack of anyway. I dont get that either...

Your logic isn't logical to everyone else. Your logic seems to be selfish, which is not a bad thing, but your only thinking of yourself.
    Loudshirt likes this.
  14. Tearofsoul Member

Those who voted no are actually the most selfish.

"Because I am not done with the Shattered Lands, so nobody can go to DoF, everyone else should hold my hands and play with me at T5." Pfft, so much for only thinking of yourself.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Filnydar Member

The server has already taken a huge population hit ! You'll always find people in the level 10-25 range, but, after that, good luck on finding a 35-45 pick-up group in the Euro peak time.
  16. Ranger209 New Member

VS. those who vote yes because I am done with the Shattered Lands so I don't care how thinly people beneath me get divided by additional levels or additional zones. I don't care if it becomes increasingly more difficult for the majority of players to find groups as the game becomes more and more diverse from level increases and zone increases. No one should be able to tell me how far and fast I can make them fall behind by racing through each and every x-pac and be the winner of the race.

Neither is more selfish than the other, everyone should be voting in their own best interest and the majority should be heard and that is who should dictate how fast content opens up....the majority no matter what their level or agenda.....the majority
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  17. 4280777 Member

Oh yeah, the majority! Another guy who can't see the difference between basic majority and 2/3. I see it's a common trait among no voters.
    What would you say when 65% voted yes but still failed?
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

its the dictate of the majority that's just how it works no need to wine or complain if I don't like the result of this
    vote I wont just sit in a corner and pout I just get on with it
    Nobody should tell anybody else what to do or what they like to do.
    So all this talk is for nothing .
    I will take it as it comes if its what I want or not.
    I got some toons I level fast and some I take my time with , because for me I never saw the low level opportunities as clear before because its so much more easy to just go into a level agnostic dungeon and go up 4 levels in 45 minutes if that long
    Adevil likes this.
  19. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

You're right. We are all selfish.

Oh look... another tool who can't understand that DBG defines what a majority is while in the context of Noratth, a digital and virtual world of EQ2 whose laws of physics, grammar, and logic are all determined by some people in an office somewhere. Keep your RL logic in RL.

The majority always decides. Not sure how you all don't get that.
  20. Kristabella Well-Known Member

This is what I would say when 65% voted yes, but it still failed... Convince 1.6% more. Do you know how many votes on very important issues have failed by 1 (ONE) vote. Thems the rules.

I would call it a democratic vote. You do realize that a super majority vote in congress is, hmmm, lets see........ 2/3 of the vote!!! It's not gonna be 49.9 vs 50.1.