[TLE] Vitality bonus and mentoring

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lunshea, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Lunshea Member

To me it seems, while mentoring, I get a 50% XP penalty, but still burn through my vitality bonus at normal speed. That's a bad penalty for helping out friends in dungeons :(

Tonight, some friends needed heals in RoV and I joined - but had to mentor for them to get XP. Before joining, my XP bar told me my vitality bonus would last out in the next level. After the run, I still had not leveled and my vitality bonus were all gone.

That's kind of a double up penalty for helping out friends, is this really working as intended? Shouldn't the vitality bonus just burn according to the XP I actually get from the kills (while mentoring)?

Cheers,
  2. Algid25 New Member

It does....if you hadn't noticed yet, you get A LOT more then just 200% exp with vitality, the vitality bonus your getting is on the non nerfed exp you would get on live server, not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet but I am not complaining, you can test this when you don't have vitality and when you do. Easy when you do tradeskill writs, without vitality you get 6-7%, with vitality you get 35-40%, that is like 500% more exp. This is also why your vitality does not last till next level, cause your using it up 2-2.5x faster then normal to get exp, either way your not wasting it.
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

blah blah blah numbers blah blah blah percentages...

... FFS just play the game!
  4. trixster Active Member

turn off exp while mentoring if you have vitality.
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  5. trixster Active Member

I actually flamed people about the percent a week back but it turns out i'm the fool. It does like 500 percent, however it seems to burn away at that rate as well so with 33 percent vit i got a level in 30 mins but i used up most of the vitality.
  6. Algid25 New Member

Exactly right, but if u think about 100% vitality being 2 1/2 levels worth of exp at lvl 40+, I rather get it faster then slower. go from 40-43 in an hour and be out of vitality, 1/2 a level from normal xp and 2-1/2 from the vitality or go 40-43-3/4 in 3 hours and be out, 1-1/4 normal xp and still 2-1/2 from vitality....
  7. Zanzoken New Member

Makes sense... but also it seems terrible the difference between rested and normal... i almost don't even want to play without vitality. That's how bad it is if you haven't farmed a zillion TRANSFERABLE KRONOS.... very unfair. I can't buy vitality pots like most of the current 50s did.. its just not fair. Doesn't make sense they allowed pre-existing most likely DUPED kronos on these BRAND NEW TLE PROGRESSION servers makes absolutely NO SENSE... i can only "Lol" and keep grinding...
  8. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Fixed.

I agree with the less accusatory version of your statement.
  9. trixster Active Member

I don't level without vitality anymore it'll cap out about the time the next expansion hits at current progression. I'm leveling 4 toons so I can pretty much play a few hours any day I want with vitality. Spend the money if you are going to on perm slots instead of a boost gone in 2 hours.