[TLE] Travel questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by kingmob23, Aug 28, 2015.

1. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

I am new (not really, played since launch but haven't played in a long time) On the TLE servers (I'm on Deathtoll) how do you get access to different zones. I'm level 10, but have noticed there's no bells to get me to EL, Zek, Feerott etc etc.

Are there access quests like way back in the day?

Are the spires functional or is a quest needed?

Do druid rings work or is a quest needed?

Or is access to further tiers based sheerly on level? I would guess not since I hear about low levels in the higher tiers.

Thanks for helping an old newbie out!
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Access quests are alive and well. The bells for EL, Zek etc are on (I believe - can't remember exactly) TS and Nek docks.

Spires are not functional at the moment, until the correct expansion pack unlocks for them.

Druid rings sort of work, but limited to Shattered Seas (vanilla) areas. You need a druid to cast the portal as the bushes aren't there.

Access to levels after 50 is dependent on the next expansion pack being unlocked by player vote. You can go up to 50 (Lavastorm and Everfrost) at the moment.
    Spindle and kingmob23 like this.
  3. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Just to be clear, you gotta do the access quests then the bells will give you those destinations, correct?

Thanks for the info!
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm not entirely sure about that bit, sorry. I think you can still access them through the bells, but the access quests are still available. The bells are limited in where they go though - only some go to all zones (example - Antonica bell will get you to Frostfang Sea, while Commonlands bell won't).

I'll check with I log in a little while.

Edit: Yes, the bells on Nek and TS docks will take you to EL, Feerrott, Zek, Lavastorm and Everfrost without having to do the access quests.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Druids and Wizards both get their portal spells at 25, and these are the only portals that currently work (limited to Shattered Lands, of course).

Access quests exist, but are optional. Nothing other than the release of future expansions will add more destinations to the bells.

Currently the bell network is in 3 parts. Evil (Neriak, Freeport, Commonlands, Starter Isle), Good (Frostfang, Qeynos, Antonica, Starter Isle) and Neutral (Nektulos, Zek, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Feerott, Everfrost, Lavastorm). The only form of fast travel that exists are the griffons in Commonlands and Antonica. Griffons (Nek, TS) and Horses (EL, Feerott, Zek, Everfrost, Lavastorm) are disabled.
    kingmob23 likes this.
  6. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Awesome, that clears it all up! I realized also that I just hadn't checked around at the bells in other zones. Got too used to having one bell to get you everywhere. I like how old school it is though.

Thanks all for the info!
    Spindle likes this.