[TLE] Swashbuckler VP loot major issues

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Venser, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Venser Active Member

[IMG]

The biggest problem with this is not only missing large amounts of attack speed where it's needed, there is Ability Cast speed on nearly every piece of Reckless gear. I am not sure where the testing was for this, but in no time ever did a Swashbuckler need this amount (if any) of Ability Casting speed. Considering we keep our weapons at 6 second delay without using the delay changers for 4 seconds, we are wasting CA that hit so weak waiting for an auto attack hit further spreading the cast rotation to "waiting for CA to come back from reuse".

The next subject is the set bonus. the first bonus at 2 is pretty weak, an increase on overall Ability Mod would really be a game changer. The 4 set bonus does not stack with Focus effects, I would much rather see a reduction on recast for Inspired Daring. The final set bonus at 6 has double attack in its text, may want to replace with Multi Attack or rework the stat considering how much MA we can get with gear putting us way over the cap. Also the 150 damage increase on Flash of Steel is very 2008. it needs to be looked at and increased or changed overall to AE base damage increases / auto attack base damage.

There needs to be some stat changing with this gear as is to make it viable to use PERIOD. Almost all of the loot from Sebilis and other instances are greatly superior to VP loot or equal to. In order to add incentive to raiding in Veeshan's Peak the gear needs tweaking. I would hate to be sitting in Trak's lair with most of this gear in my appearance slot because of how bad it is. The Reckless Pluder Coif for example was a great piece when compared to literally every other piece of set gear. Where is the DPS mod (assuming you change the cap some) where is the Attack Speed, where is Critical Chance? Why do I want to wear VP loot over quested and Sebilis gear.

In addition to tweaking the gear, we have to have the DPS mod cap increased to further solidify the use for scout DPS (in addition to their debuffs) in raids. If anything is done VP loot needs another free blue stat or get rid of the Ability Cast speed on the Swashbuckler specific raid loot. Nearly the whole set is useless in its current state. Please take some time to consider changing the Ability Cast Speed to something else (Attack Speed is needed as well as some sort of Critical Chance or Auto Attack chance. more potency would relieve needing to re-itemize everything else lower teir, go to 5.2% potency and bump the Mythicals slightly.)
    Tagg likes this.
  2. Caul Shivers Active Member

FWIW, Brigand loot has similar issues.
    Pattern gear basically isn't an upgrade over solo/heroic stuff in its current gear, at least for some classes.

I realize this might not be that quick and simple to fix, but I'm sure all the raid guilds on Stormhold would appreciate at least the VP class gear being done properly.

Nimrael, Europa, Stormhold
  3. Haskar Active Member

no ... I want all sets done properly
    Blaupunkt likes this.
  4. Monotone Active Member

The Troubador set is also in the same exact boat of being downgrades to use most of it.

There is only one piece with attack speed. With four pieces having DPS mod. DPS mod on just about every item in RoK just is not worth it since it caps easily (unless the cap is raised). The gear needs more attack speed pieces as well as pieces with Multi attack on them as only 2 have MA as it is now. The set bonuses are just not worth it since many are focus effects we can already choose. 5 of the pieces have ability cast speed. While some cast speed is okay to have the amount the set gives does not really benefit enough compared to other stats.

The gloves are just terrible all around. 1.6% AE Auto attack seems like a joke. They used to have 7.6% AE Auto, and now it is suddenly nerfed down.

By getting a full set of this gear for many classes will be downgrades instead of upgrades.
    Venser likes this.
  5. agosborne Member

The Grave Reckoning necro pieces still have 99AM on them instead of 315+AM like all other raid loot that is 4.8 potency or higher...and the (2) and (4) set bonuses are laughable because they're still using numbers to increase Soulrot and Lich from 2008....they could really use some help please to make them actually worth wearing.

• (2) Increases damage of Soulrot by 65.
      • With low AM (2k), my soulrot from tooltip does 11,150 damage over 26 seconds---adding 65 damage (.0058%) is worthless and needs to be updated please to something more along the lines of 10% damage--so 1115 instead of 65.
    • (4) Increases damage of Lich by 45.
      • Tooltip Adept Lich does 800 damage...again please update this to be 10-15%+ damage.
    • (6) Increases damage and healing of Vampiric Orb by 20%.
      • This looks great as it's base damage increase by a %...so you don't have to worry about scaling the numbers.
    Just making them all % increase to base damage would be so much simpler and easier (don't have to worry about AM and potency affecting a static number like 65 damage) and increase the % damage bonus with the number of pieces you have-----
    (2) Increase base damage of Soulrot by 10%
    (4) Increase base damage of Lich by 15%
    (6) Looks great where it's at-- increase damage and healing of Vampiric Orb by 20%
    Thank you-- I'm sure all raiders would love for at least the VP gear to be correct/legit and carry some weight. Appreciate it.
  6. Venser Active Member

Overall, we have issues with every piece of VP gear mirroring 2008 stats as far as set bonuses go. This isn't like that anymore and needs to be redone. There are several of us (Disturbance) willing to sit down and calculate where stats should go and why.