[TLE Stormhold] wind komodo glider mount broken

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sinhika, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I find out this afternoon that my wind komodos can no longer glide. They have no airspeed, just a ground speed. Hello? This is a quested glider mount, and I have been able to glide since RoK opened on Stormhold. Please fix them.

Oh, I found out the hard way they can't glide when my wind komodo dropped like a stone into The Hole instead of gliding from the launch pad to Paineel. Who checks their mount stats every login to see if they can still move?
  2. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Note: I have filed this as a petition as well as a bug report now, in the hopes that I will at least get some kind of response or acknowledgement. Without my glider mounts, I have no interest in playing in most of the zones on Stormhold.
  3. Nuhvohk Active Member

If you did any research on Stormhold TLE before joining, you would recall that the devs stated that glider functionality would not be enabled until DoV.
  4. ringgirl_UFC New Member

Then why have they existed as working gliders since Kingdom of Sky when the gliding mount quests were introduced?
    And why were leapers existing as working leapers since Echoes of Faydwer when the leaping mount quests were introduced?

Why would these mounts work as intended for all of this time then suddenly be taken away is the whole point.
  5. Nuhvohk Active Member

Are you new to this game? Those mounts weren't originally added until Destiny of Velious, on the original servers (not TLE). They weren't around back in 2006.
    And they most certainly weren't functioning during KoS on Stormhold. They were just regular ground mounts. I quit soon after that, but I hadn't heard about them being re-enabled, because they said they wouldn't until DoV unlocked.
    Finora likes this.
  6. CrimsonAvenger New Member

Alas, you seem to be mistaken, because I've been gliding from island to island in KoS since I got my Wind Komodo on TLE.
    And gliding from island to island in SF..
    And even gliding across the gap to Ykesha...

No opinions as to what was intended. But I have been actually riding a gliding mount since I got the crafting version in KoS. Worked fine, lasted long time, failed safe, drained to bilge.....
  7. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Obviously, you haven't been playing on Stormhold, so your comments are meaningless drivel. The gliders were enabled along with leaping when Rise of Kunark came out on Stormhold, possibly because they enabled leapers on Race to Trakanon. I certainly have not imagined or hallucinated gliding across the Kylong Plains on my wind komodo these past several months, nor did I dream I was gliding from island to island in both KoS and SF.

If your argument is that I am lying or hallucinating, get stuffed.
  8. Nuhvohk Active Member

I wasn't talking to you. The person I was replying to claimed that they were functional during KoS, when they were "first introduced", which is incorrect. Please learn to take context into account when reading posts.
  9. Greene Active Member

I've noticed on these forums that most of the people posting with gnome avatars are extremely condescending and just not useful at all.
  10. Sinhika Well-Known Member

So have I. He just resorted to the pathetic losing troll response of "I wasn't talking to you" when troll's point is utterly refuted. Also random goalpost movement spotted.

Is there an /ignore for this forum?

ETA: Oh, there is! Oh frabjous joy!
  11. Sinhika Well-Known Member

*bump*

After the Tuesday patch (7/11), my wind komodo is still broken.
  12. Ribs New Member

The glider mounts have been disabled until DoV xpac is unlocked. I'm guessing this happened because this is how it is going to be on fallen gate. Got the info from Caith.
  13. Caul Shivers Active Member

I think the bigger question is what their plans with Stormhold in its current state and DoV release are.
  14. Grimfall New Member

This is like opening up a forum about Echoes of Faydwer being broken because you cant access it. Nothing is broken with your mount, it simply is not supposed to glide at this time. End of discussion.
  15. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Oh look, another idiot who can't read. If I couldn't access EoF, I certainly would file a report about it being broken because it has been on my server (Stormhold), for many months now. LIKEWISE FOR GLIDING MOUNTS! They have been in-game on Stormhold for MONTHS. Now they have been nerfed without mention in the patch notes for no good reason. So yes, the mount I quested for, and have been having fun gliding around Kunark and later expansions is now BROKEN. That it has been intentionally broken does not make it less broken. That actually makes it far worse, because it means it won't be fixed, and DBG has taken away one more reason for me to keep paying subscription fees. Or playing. Look around, you fool. How many people are playing on any server that isn't Fallen Gate? How viable is a MMORPG that no one plays? Do you think it's a good idea for DBG to keep driving away PAYING customers?
  16. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Indeed. I haven't seen any mention of a vote yet, and I wonder how that is to be handled: all 10 people still playing vote? Or everyone on Fallen Gate rushes back to vote on a server they don't play on and don't intend to play on, then rushes back?

Personally, at this point, I'm just hoping for transfers off. People won't come back to Stormhold this time--it's too far along in progression for the nostalgia crew who didn't get a good experience at the early expansions on Stormhold because of the bugs, and it's missing too many important things yet for people who play Live, and they have their own half-deserted servers to play on anyway. Stormhold's dead, and that saddens me--I liked not being pushed along at Live's pace, and having a guild and people to learn the classic zones with. Unfortunately, my guild has been dead for a while now, and the rest of the server is now, too.