[TLE] Spiritual Circle has a 12s cooldown

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kirce, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Kirce New Member

On TLE, spiritual circle (defiler spell) has a 12 second cooldown currently.

now, I sure hope this is working as intended because on live its not particularly useful. But I realise that it could easily be a typo (12 vs 120), and, idk.

But it sure would be nice to have another low-cooldown group ward.
  2. BrouhahaTLE New Member

I assume from what you typed Spiritual Circle normally has 120 second cool down. I've not played a Defiler on Live but I can confirm it does have a 12 second cool down on TLE. However it only wards for 205 (at expert) per tic and with the current mob DPS that is very small. I'm only level 59 but as its a dumb fire pet I would guess its not effected by potency etc. and so is a fixed amount per spell rank.

It does of course stack with our other wards but outside of pre casting it on a pull to help with initial spike damage I feel its quite limited as trying to cast it as part of an all out heal rotation takes up time you could use casting other more potent heals. I found myself not using it in Halls of Fate last night outside of pre casting for named pulls. I suppose it could but useful during an encounter with AE damage as we don't have much group healing other than Carrion Warding.

I don't play PvP and maybe it has other more useful applications there, I wouldn't know.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I don't even have it on my hotbar. If you parse out your heals to see what needs working on, that spell does next to nothing.

Just my 2 :)
  4. Kirce New Member

no -- its actually ~good on a 12sec CD, especially because theres basically nothing else to go there. on a 120sec its TERRIBLE.

gotta think of it closer to a group HoT -- lots of small ticks, and the ticks overwrite each other, but its not a total ward like carrion warding -- its separate per person. So its good when the entire group is taking damage, but still only good if getting hit constantly.

regardless, its still hps where hps wouldn't be when just warding the tank -- its now on a more spammable CD :p
  5. Kirce New Member

which is to say, its ~near useless except when you actually need it