[TLE] Spell Auto Attack Wands

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Gloomis, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Gloomis New Member

Just curious if people are finding upgrades for the spell ranged attack wands? I have a 25 Warlock and these items seem almost non existent.
  2. Gloomis New Member

Also, is there even any point to using spell auto attack on this server?
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Free dps is free dps. The only blue stats in TLE right now are haste and dps.. which affect auto-attack. So if mages (and priests) want to get any ranged auto-attack in, it's the only option. With the lack of AA, there is no benefit to going melee on mages and priests at the moment, if weapon quality is equivalent between ranged and melee. Plus with the spell-ranged auto-attack, you don't need to time your auto-attack.
  4. Gloomis New Member

But what about actually finding suitable upgrades? Primary melee weapon upgrades are easy to find but the spell auto items are mostly non-existent unless I am missing something.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

They are harder to find but I have seen a few around. When spell ranged auto-attack went into the game they didn't do much about adding appropriate wands into lower level content. The only low level craftable wands are recipes from Tradeskill Research Assistants, which aren't on TLE and likely won't be for some time, if ever.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. Tsurupettan Active Member

Ranged weapons for casters drop at these levels: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. You can search the broker and you will find them.

There are also some quests that reward them, notably a level 49 one from the Booming Business quest in Lava Storm.
  7. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Summoners and Sorcerers have a base ranged auto attack on par with scouts(2.0). Two reason why they will not hit as hard as a scout in TLE. Bows tend to have a higher damage rating then wands. DPS mod is found more frequently on scout gear and buffs then on mage gear and buffs.

Healers and Enchanters have a base of 1.0 both ranged, and melee auto attack.

Nice wands can be found from a number of overland named mobs in lavastorm. These named mobs are heavily camped!

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2708533573
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

The level 20 wand from the PQ rewards in Antonica or Common Lands is quite nice and easy to get.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/708574113

Just remember to mentor someone below 24
  9. Wintir Active Member

I believe reactants can make some lovely DPS wands - every 10 levels on the tens.
  10. Tsurupettan Active Member

Not on this server.