TLE Server, is it worth starting?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by kurghan, Oct 31, 2017.

1. kurghan Active Member

Hi
    was wondering as title states if worth beginning a Tle account, apart from needing a paid account do I need to buy anything else?
    Regards
    Kurgan
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

3. Tbey New Member

I started on the TLE server like a week ago. It's not easy to find groups for low-level content. You have to ask many many times over the day and if you are lucky, you'll end up in a group for WC, FG or BB and hope that your tank is not ******** and knows how to play. Most people are in mid-end game content. The community is nice though and you will find a guild that helps you out with bags etc. But you have to do all the grinding/questing alone and you won't see many players running around in general. Live servers are no option for me since everybody knows that DBG pretty much destroyed the core-spirit of EQ2 (worse grind than some of the Asian MMORPGs). The TLE server keeps people busy but they get punished with XP-reducing-bugs etc. I don't want to encourage you, but it's not a good time to play EQ2, my friend. Once you take the rose-coloured glasses off, you will see the reality and the state of the game in 2017. Yes, it is sad and yes, this is just my opinion. But EQ2 had so much potential. Seeing it in its current state is beyond sad.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

If you really liked the KOS era, then now's not a bad time to start. Better late than never?

You will have challenges though finding xp grind groups, and the way this server XP is tuned, grind groups are the best way to level. It is much easier if you have some friends to either start with you, or that are here and will level some alts up with you, but you can do it on your own as well.

I would wager we will see another double XP event before KoS launch, but I'm not sure I'd hedge all my bets on that.
  5. rickert New Member

- Try to join a big leveling/grouping guild as soon as you can.
    - Expect no groups until 10/11+. Even then you will be standing around spamming lfg possibly for hours until you get lucky ( hence try to find a big guild early on )
    - You will probably be one of three on the starting isle. This will take you to about 6.
    - DPS probably has the easiest time finding groups since they can fill the most slots. AE DPS in particular due to the forced xp grinds you have to endure to level up at a steady pace.
    - If you want to be a tank be prepared to form your own groups
    - If you eventually want to raid bards/enc's seem to be the most in demand as well as scout dps.
    - A lot of people sit on alts until bonus xp windows. Adventure xp is pretty bad because they want to sell xp and vit pots.

Other suggestion if you dont mind spending money
    - After starting isle buy a krono sell it on the marketplace and Level up to 15/20 using collectibles.

Quickest leveling path I know of outside of collectibles and the easiest places to find a group
    WC/BB -> FG/SH -> RE -> OneRock -> Clefts/LT
  6. rickert New Member

7. Atan Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree on this one. Mage DPS is doing pretty good and I've seen demand for most classes short of tanks, and even then if you have raiding experience on a tank there is some need for you.
  8. Rozyn Well-Known Member

You do not need to buy anything on top of your sub, all of the TLE content is included in that.

I'd say start up an account now. Re-acquaint yourself with the game. Find a nice guild. Get your character to level 10 then run the ever-existing Wailing Caves/Black Burrow/Fallen Gate groups and get to around lvl 20. By the time you do that they'll very likely have a double XP week that has been mentioned, and a ton of people will be running 10-60 content. Outside of bonus xp periods you probably won't see much steady mid-level grouping until Echoes of Faydwer comes out next year.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Rolien Active Member

Honestly in my personal opinion.

Not really.
    It's clear Daybreak doesn't care about it what so ever our bonuses are a perfect example of that. We also recently had a bug that was causing people in non DoF content to get 50% less exp and that went on for weeks.

You're lucky if you find a group for lower level dungeons which is pretty much the only way you will level unless you enjoy grinding mobs solo getting .2% per kill if not less.

TLE is nothing more than a cash grab hoping for people to buy exp potions.
    Mizgamer62, Dude and Ceyllynn like this.
  10. Mashef Member

I recently refired up and was in the mid 20s. About 10 days later I am now 36. I 2-box. Grinds are really overrated unless you are in a hurry. Do some good questing in your down time and hit the HQs along with the lore and legend and collection turn ins and you level pretty easily. 12 levels in 10 days and i really only grind exp groups for like 1 hour every few days until my vit is gone or to progress heroic quests then i quest and enjoy it.

Groups are semi frequent in FG, SH, RoV and RE. If you need to hit instances for HQs you can generally get people interested in that.

Not seeing much for zones like Nek Castle, Gobblerock, or Rivervale though. Mid 30s groups are scarce since everyone only seems interested in the cookie cutter run from ROV to RE to SS. That point in your 30s where ROV is a bit trivial but RE is still a little higher and you are less desirable required some extra questing but not bad.

I have seen nothing for CT, Sol Eye, or Perma so I wonder how tough it will be to finish the level 40+ HQs...guess hope the chrono mages get popped in but they probably won't. would be a nice QOL add

Overall the exp fix has really helped, even feels a little better than launch.
    Crafting is significantly better with 4 or 5 Rush Orders are getting an entire crafting level with no vitality or potion even so that is definitely better than launch.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Greene Active Member

After the way SH ended, a lot of us stubborn people finally caught on to just how temporary these servers are. This go around, I'm just raiding with my guild. No real side quests much less alts to level up with. That may explain why some of us aren't playing our low levels, hence it's harder to group :*(
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

some of the eq1 servers like this are still going almost 10 years later... they should have learned from those.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

"They" probably did. The problem is that the "they" that learned it aren't around any more.
    Gubba Bump, Mizgamer62 and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

good point sadly.
    Gubba Bump, Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  15. AB guy New Member

I started a BST on FG back in July and soonish after the server opened. I played a bit and got to level 11 or thereabouts and then stopped. Work and life intervened and EQ2 went bye bye for a few months. However I decided on a whim to come back last week -either Tuesday or Wednesday- and give it another go. The long and short of it is I made some friends, joined a guild and basically had a blast. I'm not hard core -more of a plugger away in fact- but I ended the double exp week at 52. Lots and lots still to see/do but in my somewhat limited experience thus far is it's a fun and friendly place.
    Xpect and Draknox like this.
  16. Tominator Member

Depends what you're here for. I just came back after a 10+ yr hiatus. For me, it was about nostalgia. I guess it depends what you're looking for, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the past few weeks on FG.

For me it's not about leveling fast, or rushing to endgame. Instead I wanted to re-visit a game I had played for years. The slower leveling on FG allows me to do a lot of exploring without over-leveling. Low level grouping is ok - don't expect to jump on & just get a group. My experience has been I could get one in about 20-30 mins or less if that's what I wanted.

The cash shop doesn't bother me. I bought a starter horse for $10. QOL improvement makes it well worth it to me! I don't expect to spend on other items.

I'm glad I came back for a look. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

You can also get a "starter horse" if you complete either Darklight Wood or Frost Fang quest line.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  18. Tominator Member

Good to know! Thank you!
    Gubba Bump and Draknox like this.