[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Haloek Member

For all of you out there complaining about the results think of it this way you only have to wait a month for another vote when the game came out it was a year at least before the first xpac release
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Which part didn't you understand?

Wirewhisker, Sapphirius and Kittybock like this.
  3. Nelie Well-Known Member

1) Going to live to play DoF is unrealistic at this point just because people don't understand that 1 expansion is not unlocking Rumcellar/AoM. Even at that rate, people are assuming EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION has the SAME AMOUNT OF CONTENT (which is 100% false).

2) You assume as if we want these advantages....no, we dont want mercs, OP aa'd out toons, mentoring from 100's, or any of that. Again, we are only asking for 1 expansion unlocked, not 10.

3) Again, you are assuming every single expansion has the same amount of content. There will be more and more guilds that won't clear everything and will want to vote no at being capped (these first 3 expansions you have a point, but at that, its moot).
    4) How much more time to get base content done that even casual people have done already? 2 months? 3 months? 1 year? The content will be there still, the first 3 expansions really aren't going to hurt base content.

5) I know the difference...but....why don't we just lock the entire server to base content until every single "active" player hits 50, that way we are all on even playing grounds and everyone can enjoy base content for 5 years? There is a difference in being SLOW at the game and just playing the game casually where you get whatever XP comes your way by completing quests at a decent pace, exploring content, and all that.
  4. SinR New Member

I always saw it as the people that rushed to level cap complaining "OMG THERE'S NO CONTENT AND NOTHING TO DO" as the people that insisted we voted YES on DOF.
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  5. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Well... The majority have spoken. Those who wanted to move forward... you're the loud minority. A annoyance at this point with all your doomsday soothsaying. Telling everyone the sky is falling or there isn't anything to do at lvl 50... You can't entertain yourself or find things to do? There are things to do, just not what you want to do... Ill fix it for you.

With the poll results, the majority have stated we are interested in the TIME LOCK portion of the TLE.
    Sapphirius and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

well I do have a few friends I'm playing on stormhold with so I'll be staying even if the vote doesn't go my way next month. I do hear you on the above though. I asked yesterday where my Iskar SK should go fresh from the island in freeport and was told to go to DLW to level even after I told them I wanted to try out freeport and commonlands something I had not done in the past(I came in late in the game and DLW and TD were the places to go back then.) yes I knew about the mount quest in DLW and am planing on doing that. This toon is to enjoy the darkside I did not get to enjoy my first time around.

Apparently it was more then 1/2 of the people vastly more you needed 2/3rds of the vote for it to go ahead and they ended the vote early because even with the remaining people who hadn't voted it would not have made a difference.

Glad you are seeing an influx of people on Freeport that is wonderful news and gratz on getting more folks in your guild.

As for me I am enjoying both live and TLE now for different reasons that some folks don't seem to understand wish I could explain it to them better.
    Sapphirius likes this.
  7. Soluss Member

Not exactly. It only takes 1/3 of the people to vote no to not unlock. That isn't a majority by any means. Even if no was a landslide or whatever the Dev said... that may still have only been 50% of the people. That is also not a majority. It is exactly half.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

What part of "More than 2/3rds voted against" means it "may still have only been 50%"?
  9. Soluss Member

Ok I missed that part where they said more than 2/3rds voted against. My mistake.
    Sapphirius, Belenos and Adevil like this.
  10. Eksaksudan Member

And the most sad that DoF won't help, normal content will appear only in EoF, RoK+ :(
  11. Schemer Member

Tbh, the sad part of this vote for, is that now i see, how long it will take to get EoF, my personal favorite exp. Missed alot for CMM and PHH camping, same for Avatars, even though we loose mostly on them :p But that was greate competition
  12. recon1187 Member

I know on deathtoll the majority voted no. I will be voting no again next time also, I am enjoying the old content I didn't get to play when I first started play EQ2. there were a lot of players that rushed to level 50 to be ahead of everyone else so they could get the better gear and make it hard for all the others. now they are all mad because there is going to be some competition for them, if you want more content go back to a live server and play,
  13. Damoke New Member

I like the No vote, for the time being. Not all of us can play every day, or play for more than a few hours when we can log on. There is always something to do, even if you're at the cap (not quite there yet). Or worst case, make another lower level toon and PVP, or quest, work on crafting, etc. Many people rushed to top level expecting what? If all you want is to be max level, then you may as well go play on a server that you can bee 100. TLE is supposed to be about re-experiencing the lower expansions. I think they should have made the vote every 60 days to begin with, 30 days is almost no time at all.

I will prob vote yes this next time around, if for nothing else but to quiet the trolls.
    Sapphirius likes this.
  14. Tayet Member

1) Questing up is not "rushing to 50" - it's not hard to reach 50, there are groups forming for every level range every 2 seconds, or you can find a quest partner and quest up. Either way, a month is ample time to SLOWLY get to 50, even if you can only play a few hours a day. A lot of us were nowhere near the first batch of 50s. I even actually read some of the quest dialogue, because I hadn't seen it before. I took a few days off completely. I spent hours bashing my head against a red dungeon just because I wanted to do it, even though it was awful XP. I made alts, my alts made alts. None of that is rushing. People who have been going MIA for a week at a time are nearly 50 in my guild.

2) DoF would help. They've already itemized a lot of DoF gear, also done a lot of the KoS gear. They have not done a lot of the vanilla gear. That's the entire reason there is lack of content. There ARE raids (FMG, FG, Feerott raids, Spirits, Cove raids, etcetc). There ARE instances (Nek 2, the one in sol eye, the one in LS, miraguls, etc). There ARE dungeons. But, when you go spend hours doing these and get a +9 int staff with a tiny proc that is only good for vendor trash, it's kinda ... not worth it. It's not that there ISN'T stuff to do, there is. But, that stuff to do would only be worth the time it takes if we still had vanilla stats. Mage gear with str. Fighter gear with int. Bloodline chronicles dropping -56 invalid stat armor. Splitpaw dropping stuff that doesn't even beat EF quested. So, why do any of it, after the first time? You're not trying to farm anything. The gear worth getting is from nameds that take around 2 hours to respawn and are camped 24/7 by a summoner army. Many of them AFK killing because their pets are just that powerful, coming back once every half hour to loot the chest before it rots. Leaves little exciting to do, other than farm plat, to buy the gear from those summoners and kronos.

If this were truly vanilla, I would be fine spending several months here. It's not though.

Another month, OK. I'll make a bunch of alts, get them their prismatics (since you can PuR it, why not) and hope it passes next month. But, if the vote is no again, you're gonna start seeing people leave... unless Daybreak can do something about the gear / difficulty and give those at 50 a goal to work towards, beyond prismatic. Most 50s I know who wanted yes, say if Daybreak fixed the loot, they'd of been fine voting no. But, then, if they actually make the loot worth getting, the content just gets even more trivial ... since we're already doing T7 damage. But, at least you get that "YAY I GOT AN UPGRADE" rush instead of "Oh, look, an exquis... oh it's just a channeler master / vanilla stat piece of gear no one can use"

As for "go to live" - on live you can solo all the raids and the MC is better than anything that drops. That doesn't fix any issue for the bored 50s. We don't want live. We want time locked. We just want time locked to not be so haphazard, which future expacs will not be as bad as vanilla is atm. You'll see less interest in moving forward on future ones, as there will be items with proper stats, scripts for people to get used to, long quest lines that are going to take a while to do (peacock, claymore). Our quests to do at max level hopefully won't be rewarding gear that is 1-5 levels over level cap. And there will be instances with gear worth getting, so we won't just be fighting the summoner army in an attempt to steal a named in overland.
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Positively. It affects everything positively.

Gives a reason to go out there and explore different zones. You know, a solution to the densely overpopulated few zones worth grinding in, and more people doing a bigger variety of that delicious vanilla flavored content the "no voters" seem to want to savor. AA also creates customization (Oooh. Scary!) which I suppose penalizes people who are just completely overwhelmed with choices and additional buttons to press.

Ah. This is all making much more sense now.
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'd love to get the AA...really miss Tainted Heals on my Necro, for example. Thing is, for those leveling slowly it will trivialize things even more than they already are. Pretty sure that's part of the reason they don't want to rush too far, too fast.

I'm still messing around in the 40s and am not in any big rush to hit 50. Wouldn't have been upset if the vote passed, though.
    Rhodris and Wirewhisker like this.
  17. Season Active Member

yes the game was out a year originally but it wasnt this super retardedly easy. people didnt have prismatics in a week, i literally have nothing to do if i dont want to make an alt. so ye si am not playing for a while, i agree with maergoth, it is now just a win-lose situation. see you guys in a month..maybe.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Tayet Member

Hey, that's not true. You can make an alt or farm plat! Don't sell yourself short. ;)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Tainted heals is EoF.. KoS is only the first tree, with 100 AAs, a huge grind to obtain them, and absolutely necessary to class balance at the moment. Not to mention, that's KoS. Not DoF.. so to say that's why they no voted is inaccurate. This isn't some slippery slope.

The thing is, there isn't enough population for them to create a "fast track" server and a "slow track" server, for both PVP and PVE. Nor would everyone's idea of "fast or slow" be the same. So these servers have to accommodate both playstyles. Not just whichever wins the vote repeatedly. Compromise is just as necessary as it was before. The majority of their game does solo content. They design solo content. The number of people doing hardmode raid content was tiny compared to that, but they still did what they could to appease both.

On these servers, it's black and white. Well, I should say "Grey and white", because a "Yes" vote IS the compromise. People can still play in vanilla content, and people that want to move on can move on.

There's no "Super Yes" vote that deletes commonlands from the game.

Yet, if there was, nobody would vote on it. Because that's asinine. Even if would benefit the current level 50s in tons of ways, nobody would vote on it. Let alone come on the forums and herald it as a success.
    Neiloch likes this.
  20. Tayet Member

KoS is actually first tree, with 50 AA. :) EoF takes cap up to 100 and adds the second tree.
    Maergoth likes this.