[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Tayet Member

Haven't seen either of them around much this week. Gninja was on last night to play his find-the-gnome game, but they are a lot less active than they were at the start.

I just go to the instances, or harder mobs (Pumice is up a lot cause he's harder to solo) but I see a lot of complaints from people about them. I'm sure someone has /petitioned. Mine is probably gonna take a few days - a week to get a response to, so my account is currently tied up on those.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Hrmm... It'll be a while before I'm up there, but if I should happen to see them, I'll definitely send in a /petition. I'll also be sending /feedback about reitemizing lvl 50 gear and buffing those lvl 50 mobs. Might help if a lot of people sent in that feedback, since we'll be in Vanilla a while longer.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Holly was online on Saturday before she had to take her car off to the shop for a tuneup. Honestly I'm surprised when I'm online when they are since I play rather sporadically.
  4. Lord of the Flies New Member

Well, you probably don't have to respect my playstyle, considering the fact that most of you, casual players, will never even try full-scale hardcore raiding.
    But not respecting it doesn't mean that you have to ruin it by forcing me and other players play only the way you like.
    Really, man, if you are kin on roleplaying stuff like holding hands, making daisy garlands or singing poetry in Norrath, then this is your chosen way of being a strange guy, because even non-raiders find this thing stupid.
    It's ok that you lock on level 20 in Freeport and begin crafting, pushing 1-2-3 in a row. It's also ok that you like this unbalanced and completely broken thing called "pvp" in this game, but surely I doubt you even know, what is real pvp.
    It is ok that you think that boring mission of killing 10 gnolls and bringing 15 squirrel tails is questing. Personally I think it is not.
    But, for only one moment, believe me, to us, many many people here, this all is simply of no interest.
    For now, you look like a child who thinks that we, raiding guys, are trying to steal a candy from you.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Aha! A PvPer. Explains the lack of tolerance for others.
    Alenna likes this.
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

You may be surprised. Once upon a time I was a hardcore raider. I've raided on PvE, RP, and PvP servers. (I used to love love love PvP.) Most folks don't know "hardcore" until you're taking down a contested epic while also fending off a full enemy raid group. Yes, once upon a time, this 7-year old girly care bear on her pretty little blue server didn't play with Barbies, make daisy garlands, or sing poetry. Once upon a time, I was Just. Like. You. with one exception. I understood that my way of playing this game was not the only way to play. I understood and respected players who played the game differently from me, and I still do.

Here's the difference between your posts and mine. I never once slung an insult or called anyone names in this thread. I never once said you were stupid for raiding. I never once told you or anyone else to go to the live servers to play your way, nor do I expect you to do so. In fact, I've been downright nice about my position with one exception. The one bad thing I said was that endgamers are lying to themselves if they think the push to get to new content as soon as possible would end with <insert expansion name here> because no one can seem to make up their minds which x-pack will be the one where things will magically slow down.

Basically, you're trying to pick a fight with the wrong person, but you go right on ahead with your bad self. If it makes you feel like a big boy, trash me, my opinion, and my playstyle to your heart's content. It's no skin off my back.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone has an upstanding pointy thing with no one to stick it in. I could suggest some web sites to help alleviate that issue, but I'm sure you're well aware of them already.

Back on topic, insulting other gamers is not likely to get you very far. If you want a yes vote next time round you may want to try a different approach to your campaign.
    Rhodris and Sapphirius like this.
  8. Nelie Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Sapphirius and Madmoon like this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

That might actually look good if you found some better colors for it.
  10. Darkmatter New Member

Why can't this vote be based on a 51% popular vote?

I mean, a lot us serious players have already done everything 3 times over and there's really nothing else to do. I am not sure how the release of DoF would affect the casuals (who make up a lot of the player base and will probably vote no and still be level 30 a year from now). They can still stick to the old content while the real players can actually have some real content to progress through.

Thanks.
  11. Mowse Well-Known Member

I would bet plat (which I don't have much of because I am "casual") that in a month the vote will turn it will open for DOF.

I still don't understand why when the game was launched and we didn't have a big expansion for close to a year, why people weren't hollering that they were bored and have nothing to do in the game. Just find it odd.
  12. 4280777 Member

From 20 yes - 80 no to 65+ yes in one month? You can't be serious.

Some people here seems to have some new weird fetish. And they will be voting no, even against common sense, just to hurt and humiliate 'damn rushers'.
  13. KhaineUK Active Member

Several reasons.

Back then, raid gear WAS an upgrade over most stuff. To take down darathar, you basically needed a mix of mastercrafted stuff (which actually used to be tagged LEGENDARY then) and HQ stuff applicable for your class. You also needed the Wurmsteel weapons, which were basically imbued weapons that only worked on dragons. Raid gear was actually an upgrade, so people farmed instances for MONTHS to get geared up and take out all of the mobs.

There's also the fact that, back then, we didn't know all the strats and the most efficient path for levelling. That's why the content lasted for so long. :) Now, people are saying the new lavastorm quests give gear that's better than any of the raid drops. So there is no incentive to raid other than for getting quests done.
  14. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

My guild has a lot of people who hardcore raided all the way through AOM, none of them want to go back to dry dull pve only content. It wasn't very hardcore. Hardcore days are over and have been over for a long long time. When you clear an xpac 6 or 7 months before it's new release that's not hardcore. The only time things even seemed hardcore is when they were set at almost impossible odds, which if you go back on eq2 progression and look, only 1 or 2 Guilds ever accomplished completing them in a reasonable amount of time. The further down the totem poll, the rest didn't get it done till after the xpac was over.

I can't speak on roleplaying but there is more fun in pvp than ever trying to kill a mob that is going to do the same predictable things over an over again. Would much rather fight players than mobs.

Deathtoll server has to be honest about the content they are complaining about, most of them want their old classes back to the way they were as quick as possible. If they spent most of those hours fighting each other instead of worrying about what raid gear they can get, they wouldn't be so mad about being 50 and bored. That's truth. If you are playing to pvp, but you are spending most your pvp time in raid zones, then you are not technically playing to pvp at all. If you mind frame is circled around gear only, then you will spend more time getting gear, than actually fighting players. We can name a few guilds that don't do anything but pve content, and they are proud of the pve achievements on a pvp server. There is like 4 guilds that managed to balance out pve/pvp. So in 30 days what gets achieved? You grab gear constantly and fight hardly anyone or anything for 30 days, but want new xpac right off the bat? Make some logical sense here. The unbalanced classes has always been unbalanced. There is not 1 single xpac that ever had balanced classes.
    Sapphirius likes this.
  15. Mowse Well-Known Member

"Some" is sort of a small amount. I don't know how we as players can say that it was blocked by people wanting to "humiliate" anyone. Lots of reasons out there as to why anyone voted the way we did. But the majority voting to humiliate rushers? Not why I voted no.
    Sapphirius and Alenna like this.
  16. Master Nala Member

Question for this poster or anyone else: Are you on the TLE servers because you're looking for a high population server?
    Sapphirius likes this.
  17. Madmoon Member

Zing! Well played, young man. Well played.
    Sapphirius and Nelie like this.
  18. Madmoon Member

I absolutely guarantee not one person voted with any thought of you or other rushers in mind. You, and everyone else who voted yes, are simply not in the majority. That's all. No conspiracy. You were not even the vaguest consideration in my process, nor will you be next time.

For myself, when the next vote comes up, I will vote exactly the same way I voted this time - if I'm ready to move on, then "yes," if not, then "no." And if it helps, I'll campaign for that vote exactly the same way I did this last - which is to say, by doing nothing at all except opening the letter.
    Sapphirius, Rhodris and Master Nala like this.
  19. Nelie Well-Known Member

Glad someone got it ;)
  20. Nybbos New Member

Their is no attitude their, its the truth, no pvp means no violence. It's all just Rainbows and unicorns. Tell me you would not like to take a sword or a spell to someone who bugs you. PvP is PvE and far more, sure you have to deal with death some times but that's the fun of it. To each their own I guess.