[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

Can I assume you reported that summoner?
  2. Arconiat New Member

/tinfoil hat
    Rhodris and Pixistik like this.
  3. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You are correct. The cap in the tree is 100, but there are not 100 available until later. Thanks.

As for the rest of this thread.. Lol. The vote was to unlock the expansion or not. It wasn't a vote for whether you can or can't continue playing in vanilla content.

Some crossed wires here. No problem. We can re-take the vote, and everyone can vote appropriately.

Thanks for understanding.

And honestly.. these servers will fall over and die, or have stagnant populations and disappointed veterans who probably won't come back for the next attempt at a properly paced progression server. And there will be one, no doubt. At a minimum, it will be another opportunity to sell some vitality potions to people with hopes that there's going to be something balanced and fun to do at the end of the tunnel.

So.. money is good, I guess. But if there's one thing I've learned from the other "free to play" games out there, it's that it is unwise to upset the people spending tons of money on your game. IE all those hardcore players who spent hundreds of dollars on vit pots to get to a disappointing end-game with nothing relevant to do for several months.
  4. beagley Well-Known Member

Holly was on Stormhold earlier this evening. Asked in chat she said the number of votes from 1-5 level accounts was less than 1%
  5. Tylia Well-Known Member

Can you explain why? I am having a wonderful time playing the content at level and taking my time going through it all. Why is it in my best interest to race to KOS level?

You know, I can do that on the REGULAR live servers RIGHT NOW! Why on earth would I want this special and different server to be just another REGULAR live server? smh
    Arconiat and Mitten like this.
  6. Mitten Active Member

Do you think DoF has never been cleared? Exactly which expansion are you waiting for?
    How long do you think it will take you to clear DoF? An hour? Two hours max? Will you be ready for KoS then?
    Releasing expansions too quickly affects everyone. It will result in a top heavy server like live. Live servers are thriving are they? How many groups can you get on live for RoV?

You use the word casual like they're second class citizens. I never realised being a raider of 10 year content made you so special.
    Madmoon, Sapphirius and Arconiat like this.
  7. Mitten Active Member

Out a month, already doomed. So 2004.
    Arconiat and Madmoon like this.
  8. Arconiat New Member

Whats funny is they are apparently waiting for different exp packs, boy are those just waiting for KoS or EoF gonna be crying like they are now, when it rushes to RoK then TSO, or even *gasp* SF (I'd actually laugh my **** off, when the non-raiders vote yes in a majority vote)
    Mitten and Sapphirius like this.
  9. Tylia Well-Known Member

For one thing.. it's attitudes just like this:
    ;)
    Belenos, Arconiat and Rhodris like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

In game, I've found that you can do roughly a level a day (faster for lower levels, but then it smooths out later on) as a casual player. So 50 levels = 50 days. So I think two months, and only two months, is appropriate for this first vote to move on. By then, everyone should be at the same level to continue the grouping in DoF content. (Being able to actually find a group at lower levels is the only reason to play on TLE, as they don't exist on live.) I do agree that the devs need to fix gear on raids to make raiding more worthwhile.
    Arconiat and Sapphirius like this.
  11. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. I don't log in every day, so it'll take me a few weeks longer than that (like 10 weeks instead of 7). I honestly don't know how I'll vote in September. Really, I could vote either way and be perfectly happy with the results. I'd like DoF to hold off until October at least, but I may lean towards yes in September because there's carpentry items from DoF I'd love to get my hands on.
    Arconiat likes this.
  12. Rhoklaw New Member

I think part of the problem is we have a lot of "current" EQ2 veterans on these servers. If you think about it, these servers were never designed with "current" EQ2 vets in mind. I played EQ2 at launch, but I only made it through DoF before I left and when I came back several expansions later, I kind of missed all the raids and content. As many have pointed out, trying to do old content in a 10+ year old game just isn't going to happen. So that being said, TLE servers are designed to be experienced by new EQ2 players along with some EQ2 vets who never completed the experience.

As for the vitality potions being available. Yes, it's obvious DB wanted, not NEEDED, additional income on top of these servers being subscription only. I highly doubt they'd shut the servers down if no one purchased the potions though. The fact a lot of people blasted their way to 50 because they have no interest in experiencing EQ2 like it was when it launched is not my problem. If you leave EQ2 simply because more than 66% of the server population isn't interested in your style of content ignorism, yes, I made that word up just for you. I'm sure you won't be missed. A lot of us have no desire to be famous based off the idea that to be #1, you must faceroll content. I don't need 15 minutes of fame to enjoy EQ2, I just need time.
    Mitten, Madmoon, Arconiat and 2 others like this.
  13. Moldylocks Member

You really are a skipping record. Same doom and gloom, with the hip shot warning to pay attention to a certain demographic: yours. Sorry, possum, you and your hardcore elite, taking body shots of vitality potions, apparently aren't as influential as your ego wants them to be. Please, stop polluting the TLE and go back to Live.
    Madmoon and Arconiat like this.
  14. Lunazen New Member

You must be a fly on my wall ;)

The way I see it: DBG gave us the ability to vote. People voted. The majority wants things to move at a slow pace (for now). What more needs to be said really?

I voted no not (only) because I started "late" (last week) and have three 10s who craft more than quest currently. I voted no mainly because I believe the health of the TLE servers requires a slower pace, a savoring, a reliving of some of the experiences from 10 years ago. And, I am enjoying people in the cities again! It's been a long time since the cities were bustling and it's surprisingly one of my favorite things upon returning.

It wasn't for fear of change nor to hinder the fun of level 50s (both of which have been suggested in this thread).

Some may disagree with my reasoning and that's understandable. But the vote was the vote. I have very little doubt that the third round will produce a yes majority and I'm ok with that. But if not, oh well. I'm good with that too.
  15. Loudshirt New Member

Current TLE vote conspiracy theories:

1. DBG is just making the vote up. They should post the numbers, when they do that they will be making those numbers up too. Then they should post by account how each and every person voted, but then they will be making those up too.

2. Everyone on live made a lvl 1 character to vote no so the TLE fails.

Let me know if I missed any.
    Sapphirius and Arconiat like this.
  16. Madmoon Member

3. The "no" voters are uninformed about why it's desperately important to vote "yes," and if they could just be educated, would vote "no." Since this forum clearly isn't succeeding in that regard, re-education camps are now being set up in the Feerrott just for this purpose.
    Sapphirius and Arconiat like this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Ironically, that conflicts with the notion of milking Vit potions for $$. Wouldn't DBG want the new xpac sooner to get more of Maergoth's "hundreds of dollars on vit pots" before he quits out of boredom?
    Rhodris, Sapphirius and Arconiat like this.
  18. Lord of the Flies New Member

Ok, let's see what we have.

Not even a bit challenging. Absolute majority of named mobs are nothing more then dummies for dps. 100% of them are not even scripted. Just remember heavy scripted mobs like Varsoon from TSO to feel the difference.
    So, grouping here is only for leveling.

Soloing in an MMO? What a stupid thing. MMO is a social kind of game. It involves gaming communities, not individuals.

Uninteresting without battlegrounds, ranked pvp and other related stuff. Ganking in open world is not pvp.

Not worth time investing. You can have 2-3 crafters of every profession in your guild to cover all the necesseties. No need for every character to be a top level crafter.

What??? Are you kidding me, right??? You can't be serious. Are you a seven years old girl? Go buy yourself a pink Barbie doll house.

Oh, man... You are trolling us all, I got it.

You may do it, but the problem is that questing in this game is beyond the point where it becomes interesting. Sure, you can do quests like "kill 10 wolves in Nektulos" or "kill 10 spiders in Ruins of Varsoon, then check the book for a brickload of useless text and then kill another bunch of 10 spiders...", but this is trash. I mean, really. If you want quests, you can play games like Witcher, Pillars of Eternity or even the old stuff like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights.

And, completing my post, I want to say that the only thing in this game that is worthwhile is:

19. Adevil Well-Known Member

Not up to the challenge of trying to play a little solo? Guess some folk always need to be in a crowd.
    Belenos and Rhodris like this.
  20. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

This. This is also the biggest reason why I voted no.

As for Lord of the Flies' comments... You clearly have absolutely NO respect for other people's preferred game styles... so why should they have any respect for yours?