[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mitten Active Member

Ok. But let's go back to my original post shall we. I never quoted you in the first place.
    I don't have a problem with the EQ2 community. I'm still trying to work out what yours is.
  2. Louly Well-Known Member

I don't know, there is still more then one instance of different areas so the vote didn't seem to change logins much.
    Even if it had been yes I wouldn't have said "I'm taking my toys and going home now"

Oh and why don't we have a dislike button??? :p
  3. Moldylocks Member

..and yet you continue to troll it, in-game and on the forums.

Judging by the general chat comments, the reactions to your posts here, and commentary on another fansite, I'm guessing you are building a case to be moved off to Drunder. That would please a lot of people.
  4. Moldylocks Member

Nice prediction, Nostradamus.
    Belenos likes this.
  5. Arconiat New Member

This is just Ridiculous, 80% of the players voted no, this will diminish as time goes on until the majority is bored, then DOF will be voted in, and even those that took their toys back to the live servers after this no vote will return to rush to 60 to get bored and throw their toys out their pram again until the next yes vote, rinse and repeat
    Lodrelhai and Rhodris like this.
  6. Zakuso New Member

lmao welp all you who voted no will have fun trying to find groups/pvp
  7. Kraetec Active Member

I think you are mistaken. I believe that a percentage (perhaps even a large percentage) of people who leave will never return. Given that this is the scenario by which many of us left in the first place (e.g., planning to return at some point), it's not implausible.

I'm very disappointed that the vote was 80% 'no', as the "no" supporters always have the advantage due to how DBG set it up. I'm worried it could be ugly for months. Going from "over 80%" to "under 34%" is a *LOOOONG* way.
    Ripp Savage likes this.
  8. Ripp Savage New Member

Exactly. Waiting until "the majority is bored" assumes that the players who've already been bored for some time are still voting and/or playing.

And then, a year from now when the ten or so players left are high-fiving each other for reaching level 31 in Vanilla will wonder where everyone is.

I don't even have a 50 yet but I still voted yes. I don't believe in forcing others to play the same content I'm currently on when we're paying for content. The whole kind of anti-power gamer mentality is going to wreck this server, especially when you have over-zealous people yanking chains and grinning.

Let people play how they want to. Let the content flow, that's what we're paying for. If you want to fiddle around at <50 for 3-6 months then go for it, don't punish others for wanting to do otherwise. Some people like myself have full time jobs and can't play as much but should we penalize others that have more free time? Forcing them to play YOUR way is a good thing? Do you think that makes for a happy community? I think not.

But hey, they set up the rules so we have to live by them. But as I said, be careful what you wish for.
  9. Zinj Well-Known Member

The ones "whining" the loudest about the majority not wanting expansion at this time are also the ones who haven't got a clue as to the purpose of the time locked servers. They want to play the top end game, there's nothing stopping them from going back to the other servers. They're also the ones who don't give a damn about democratic decision making, being narcissistic autocrats themselves. I'd suggest that if they don't like waiting until the majority are ready to move up, then to go read a book; but I doubt they have the patience to learn how to do so.
    Madmoon and Arconiat like this.
  10. 4280777 Member

Exactly this. We are old raiding guild, stared on Runneyeye back in 2004. Our community spent a lot of time and had tons of fun in EQ2, playing on different servers since then. We quit after SF for obvious reasons. Now, when first news about TLE arrived, we did out best to lure people back to EQ2 to start all over again, it wasn't easy..
    And what now? We have like 90 accounts in the guild and we got nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. No raid bosses to kill, no loot to pursue. We were hoping for DoF, but you know.. Yes, yes, you can call us rushers and stuff, it won't change things. People already quitting and they won't be back anymore. Not sure if we can keep guyz till the end of September, some will definitely leave. But if the vote won't pass by then (and it won't for sure) I guess the whole guild gonna leave and we won't be back ever again. I'm not threatening, I've just outlined our current situation.

I can't blame no voters alone tho, DBG had enough time to change itemization at least. OMG, I'm aware you guys have limited resources now, but c'mon, it's matter of two days to change stats on say ~50 raid items, isn't it? And give people some motivation to do these pointless vanilla raids again and again, and keep them interested for several months. But nah, they didn't change anything. Currently treasured gear is BIS for most of slots. I'm not even talking about difficulty, it requires some testings to redone, but you could at least just bluntly buff raid mobs health point. Currently everything dies in under 1.5 mins, pff. I stop here.
  11. Arconiat New Member

The names EverQUEST 2 not EverRAID, 80% of us are enjoying the entire journey not rushing to a tiny part of the game, otherwise what's the point of levels and just have a game made up solely of a lobby (general chat which would be way worse than it is now) and a few raids.... Boring as hell. 20% of you want instant gratification, well there's live and buy your characters or many other games more catered to your playstyle...

PS: Can i have your stuff?
    Madmoon and Mitten like this.
  12. Mitten Active Member

You realise the raids are over 10 years old? There's plenty of raids to do on live, new ones, ones that require more than tank and spank, and they're current.
    I'm sorry but I don't see TLE as a raid server. Sure, raid there, but you'd probably not want that to be the only reason you're there, because I imagine the majority of players are not. You'd think any sort of real raid guild would want some sort of challenge.
    Also if you're a full guild of 90 accounts why not progress through all the content including raids on the live server? I'm not trying to be funny, I'm serious.

Why all these threats of leaving? Do players mean they'll go back to live? You'd honestly think the sky was falling. You also realise that the MAJORITY voted no this time around? The next vote may well be yes.

I honestly feel sorry for players that can find nothing to do, in content that was originally out for over 6 months, at release. Well I don't really, it was just easier than passing a tissue.
    Madmoon likes this.
  13. 4280777 Member

Oh really? Name one, please. All of AoM bosses were killed within first week. There's no currently raid focused MMO's worth playing, especially live EQ2.

I agree with you completely, TLE were aimed for nostalgic casuals, they're making lion share of DB's income, not raiders.
    But lol, we're not asking for AoM one month after TLE lauched. Most of us won't go past KoS/EoF anyways. Just one damn expansion, DoF has something to raid at least. Moreover release of DoF won't affect your play style in any way, keep smelling flowers in Antonica, enjoying your countless alts and whatnot. You guys just refusing to understand this simple point.
  14. Madmoon Member

Oh, please, you sound like a conspiracy nut. Just because it didn't go your way, there has to be some nefarious power at work. Sometimes - most times - things are only exactly what they are. In this case, a server where the majority of people voted to delay DoF. That's all. Just go back to reviewing Obama's birth certificate under a microscope again, won't you?
    Rhodris and Arconiat like this.
  15. Madmoon Member

We eat babies, too. And not just the sick and weak ones. Nope.
    Arconiat likes this.
  16. Madmoon Member

Good thing there's a vote a couple of weeks after that. Then they'll all vote "Yes," and you'll, finally, I hope, be at peace.
    Alenna likes this.
  17. Arconiat New Member

DoF release would affect the economy a great deal for a start, plus you lot would be whining for a yes vote again within a week after you rushed to 60
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

In this game, you have (1) raiding, (2) grouping, (3) soloing, (4) PvP, (5) crafting, (6) decorating, and (7) roleplaying. Somewhere in there, you have to fit (8) questing. After all, the name of the game is EverQuest. Raiding is only 1 of 8 different things the devs need to focus on in this game because it's only 1 of 8 different things the players can choose to do. That's 12.5% of the game. The other 87.5% is not raiding.

I agree they need to buff the raids and reitemize the loot for level 50. That's the only complaint I agree with, but I agree. Hopefully the devs are taking this into consideration and working on that.

My point is that it shouldn't be a surprise that the population of the TLE servers reflects the many different playstyles and preferences of the EQ2 community. 80% of the players voted no after only one month, which means that raiders and powerlevelers do not make up most of EQ2's player base. They don't even make up half of it. I'm not shocked or surprised by this at all.

It's only been ONE month. That's it. Just one short month, barely 4 1/2 weeks before the first vote came up. Another vote comes up in September... 3 weeks from now, in fact. Who knows how that vote will go? Surely you can wait 3 weeks. If people aren't ready by September, then they may be ready by October.

Just ask yourselves this. Do you really want this server at lvl 100 within a year? Or do you want this server to actually last? Because it's not going to last if we vote in a new expansion every month. There's only 11 expansions, and there's 12 months in a year. I get that you're bored, but if your focus is raiding and server firsts, then the rush to get to the next expansion is NOT going to stop with EoF, like some in this thread are claiming. You're lying to yourselves if you think it will.
    Mitten, Rhodris and Arconiat like this.
  19. Tayet Member

I like how people ignore the fact that many of us who are 50 and bored QUESTED up. We did the HQs. We did EL. We did Zek. We did Feerott. We did EF. We did LS. This whole "go quest" idea... well, uhm, some have even gone and done the grey quests for achievements and will be done before this next month is out. Again, questing up is not "rushing" - people who have taken two entire weeks off the game so far in my guild are still nearly 50, taking their time. You HAVE to quest cause a lot of the quest gear is better than the raid gear, anyway.

So, stop raiding. OK. What is that gonna solve for those of us who already quested? No instances worth running. No dungeons worth running, since they are all perma-camped by over powered summoner classes that can solo all the nameds. No overland nameds to farm, because again, perma-camped by summoners (there was an AFK summoner camping one of the mobs in LS for over 18 hours yesterday, just standing at his spawn point letting the pet kill it). No raids worth doing. No quests left, except I guess the greys for achievements for those of us who haven't already done those.

Half the gear in this content is broken. Devs haven't really gotten around to fixing it, cause they're working on DoF/KoS gear. So, their answer is wait for DoF / KoS... ok. But, then, the server thinks being 50 within a month or even two months is "rushing to end game" and are saying they want 4-6 months of this... so between the two together....

For this month I can make alts and go quest, again. But, again, I will be maxed with nothing left to do on yet more toons. Then, I guess I will farm plat, so I afford all the gear/masters I want in the next expac. A lot of my guild is going "I'm bored." when they login. These are people that came back BECAUSE they wanted time locked, but are disappointed with how the vanilla turned out specifically - they don't want to play on live. I don't want to play on live. I just want to get to the content the devs have actually set up, instead of the content they left half-broken because they... I guess didn't expect people to want to stay in it so long? Only reason I can think why they moved straight to working on KoS/DoF instead of focusing on vanilla.

Ok, the majority are people who cannot play very often. But, that means you'll start losing people who can play after work / on days off if it keeps going no. Vote no for months in later expacs, fine by me. Later expacs will be more balanced and more fun. Stay in KoS / EoF / RoK for a long time, give me time to do claymore without having to stress about it. But, don't make us stay in vanilla for months longer just because those of you who can only play 2-3 hours a week want to be caught up and fully done with the expac before you move on to the next.
    4280777 likes this.
  20. 4280777 Member

Just mark my words. This server won't never ever go pass SF, let alone SF let's say RoK. And I severely doubt we get even DoF in foreseeable future. Because with every failed vote, bored/pissed YES voters will be leaving, so the 2/3 may never be actually reached.
    So yeah, the sky isn't falling.. yet. But in my books the entire TLE project is doomed if they don't change the approval margin.