TLE question for new player

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Darkwulf, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Darkwulf New Member

I want to get into EQII but I hate the fast leveling rate the current servers have.

My understanding is TLE servers xp gain is the same as it was on launch. Is that correct?

Also what happens when the TLE server expansions catch up with normal servers? Does the server end and rest or something? What happens to you characters?

Thanks for the information guys.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It's not the same as at launch, but it is definitely slower than the live servers.

What happens when the server catches up to live? It hasn't happened so far, so no one really knows. When Stormhold died it was merged into Antonia Bayle, but that doesn't mean this would happen again.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can set your XP gain where you want it (if you are a paid member). You can turn it off if desired. Even on live.
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

I've seen people go from 1-80 on Fallen Gate in two to three hours. I've also seen people that aren't yet 35 that have played hundreds of hours since launch. Play at your own pace doing what you want.

The primary difference, in my opinion, between live and TLE is that you will be able to find more pick up groups along the way in TLE and you can hit the max level of content, where most people play, much quicker if that is what you desire. If you are a subscriber, there's no good reason I can think of to go to live since all the content is new, either way.

Just right click your experience bar to disable experience or hit L (to pop up the alternate advancement window) and move the alternative advancement experience slider at the top to a higher percentage if you want to slow down the level of your character. You can get 200 alternate advance points (also don't have to spend them) at level 10 and above before you'd have to actually disable experience totally to prevent from hitting the next level.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are willing to splurge on Krono and buy tons of collections, you can get to level 40 almost instantly. I think 2-3 hours to 80, however, is way over optimistic. I did it in a leisurely fashion over a few weeks. Checking my FG toon on EQ2U, it says total played time was 25d 4h 45m 22s.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Right now there is XP bonus on the server, so its much faster than launch.

It's not really fair to compare what a PL group can do with exp pots maxed while the server is at 200% bonus xp.

When this server launched it was very consistent with launch. As the server has progressed and the level range extended, the XP curve has been adjusted. Outside of the XP event it is still very nostalgic in terms of the progress if you're going to go your own path leveling up.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.