[TLE][PvP] Healing feels useless.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by niiri, Sep 1, 2015.

1. niiri New Member

I am new to EQ2 but very familiar with MMOs. I just hit T4, my gear is solid from running dungeons for xp and I have ministration v mastered. I have every available heal hotkeyed and have had zero problems with PvE content....

PvP on the other hand is a disaster. I broke LoS in a group v group the other day, never got attacked or interrupted once til the fight was over and could not even come close to mitigating the incoming damage. My brother's level locked t3 brigand can output nearly 50% more dps that I can even theoretically freecast in hps. Running 2x rangers in t2 we can kill nearly anyone in 4 seconds, and I am fairly certain we would have the same results if we leveled that pair into t3/t4.

Usually good heals can allow a group to stay offensive and maintain pressure in PvP, but I feel like my inq is just a waste of a slot. In the time it takes me to get 1 debuff and 2 heals off I could probably have 100-0d someone on a scout or SK.
  2. Zeozx New Member

To me in pvp inq is not a solo healer you will need a back up either a defiler/ mystic or a fury/warden inq/ temp heals are reactive meaning if your heal heals for 500 and they hit for 501 the person dies where with the others a defiler could prevent some dmg and let your heal take over or the warden could buffer you heals helping keep them up
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Random aside, ministration does not improve your heals, it just makes them use (slightly) less power. Without AA or potency on gear, the ONLY way to make your heals better, is to upgrade them to adept/expert/master.
    For damage, your primary stat adds, for healing.. nada.
  4. eltk New Member

He's talking about the Ministration spell Inquisitors have. At the Mastered rank, the spell heals way less than a DPS will do in the same amount of time. That's the issue with healing. If Heals per sec average (of any type: wards, reactives, heals, and hots) are significantly lower than DPS, heals become useless; your better off swapping your healer for a ranger/sk.

In the current TLE PVP Environment, due to blue stats on gear for DPS and the lack of equivalent for healers or int casters, melee/ranged DPS way outpaces healing and spell dmg.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't realize he meant the ability rather then the skill. But, yeah, stats to boost dps, nothing for heals.
  6. Aeteus New Member

I don't think it's an issue with healing, but rather the stupid high level of dps that comes from auto attack and damage stats on gear.

Fix that and everything else will fall in line.