TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------
    Agreed! (*Says the would be Tailoress:D:p)
  2. Danielson New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question:

So is getting the Isle of Refuge back in as a starting zone out of the question? Could we at least know if this is being considered or is it off the table as an option?? I'd love to give the beta or even live TLE server a shot, but wish it had a little more of the starting zones in place. Any chance of this?? I haven't heard anything definitive about this for sure. Thank you!
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Isle of Refuge, pretty much zero chance of that ever coming back. Queen's Colony and Outpost of the Overlord? Possible, but they've remained fairly ambiguous thus far about that.
  4. armawk Member

Instant points from first play session..

Lots of UI tidy-ups needed to hide stuff that doesnt work or isnt in.
    Reduce quest XP (understand this is already in progress?).
    REDUCE DISCOVERY XP (vital to do this).
    Nerf on all gear below 20 pretty important, or another mass mob buff. Gear nerf better though.
    House quest gives 5g (pretty sure it was this one?) which is way over the top for that level quest.
    Remove the NPCs yelling all over Qeynos about us being saved from the awakened. Just looks damned silly.

My opinion on the island is well recorded and will either be ignored or not. Come on guys it wouldn't be hard to do outpost islands at all and you would gain a hell of a lot of players this way! Removing DLW and FF would also solve a LOT of the issues people are complaining about with it being too easy and fast, as those zones were made that way.
    Ametha likes this.
  5. armawk Member

Oh and I would prefer fae, sarnak, aerykwhatever etc to be locked out.. not out of meanness, but to make the launch of those expansions seem much more meaningful again.
    Ametha likes this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

1. Requesting all these 'nerfs' makes DBG happy, as they will be selling vitality and experience potions, so despite your preferences of leveling slowly, there will be people at max level the first week.
    2. The said no on the Island. Bringing it up over and over gets you no where.
    3. I agree! No Halas (Frostfang Sea) or Neriak (Darklight Woods). The starting cities should be Freeport and Qeynos.
  7. armawk Member

1: I dont really care about racers, I care about the 'normal' player experience. There will always be ways to speedlevel.
    2: Nevertheless..
    3: Agreed.
  8. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

New Halas is neutral, you will have no problems being evil there, and there is an evil version of 10-19 crafting quests that you probably want to do.
  9. Dixa Active Member

holy hell enough about nerfing the gear

have ANY of you played the pet classes? the pets solo mobs for you. while you are naked. no gear required.

there are underlying code changes that will not be reverted to launch. that code is gone. overwritten and discarded over the years. improvements to pets is one of them. the pets on this server will be like they are on the live game. class balance is going to be non-existent.
  10. Xanadin New Member

I was very interested in trying this server but, as someone else pointed out, this is a TLE server, which means they aren't going for full launch/nostalgic effect. To me, these are the things that are required, and really short of adding these things back would I be interested in returning:

• Explicit archetype, class, sub-class quests/decisions - I understand why it was originally removed because it was confusing to new players. But I really liked them, and it added more depth to the world and characters.
    • All original starting and low level zones - NH and DLW are not EQ2 at launch. The Isle of Refuge (or Queen's Colony / Outpost of the Overlord) along with the original ship intro and how all of those characters played a part in the main story line of the original release was awesome. On top of that, the burbs of Qeynos and Freeport really gave the cities a lot of depth that has been lost in the simplification.
    • Adventuring and tradeskilling difficulty needs to be hard - At launch EQ2 was not a casual friendly or solo friendly game. Adventuring for most classes required grouping even on the overworld with few exceptions, and even in groups people still had to actively play and pay attention (and use HOs) to ensure success. Death shards, while they did suck, made sure you had a healthy fear of death. And for tradeskilling, while I'm glad WORTs were removed, some level of difficulty needs to be added back to make it a worthwhile endeavor in and of itself like it was a launch (there was a very healthy economy back before TS simplification). For both Adv and TS, leveling needs to take a long time (comparatively to what it is now).
    • Removal of all conveniences - No store access, no fast travel, no quests that give stupid stuff like lots of free bags, coins only dropping rarely in small amounts on humanoids, less vendor trash and making it sell for substantially less, etc. EQ2 was hard a launch, and reaching milestones in the game, be they levels, quests, HQs, or whatever, actually felt like an accomplishment. CL/Ant/TS/Nek fast travel with access quests makes sense, but I almost think the original quests to build the towers should be brought back. And the only way we can make sure the economy stays relatively stable is to tightly control the influx of coin.
    I know most of the players here probably wouldn't care to play what EQ2 was a launch. For that matter, even though I say I would like to play that game again, given the opportunity I might not actually like playing it. But I and a lot of my friends would like the opportunity the play it again. We'll see how close DBG can get their TLE experience to that (or even if they care too at all). If they can get it close, I might actually give it a try.
    Ametha likes this.
  11. Nuhvohk Active Member

they've already said several times why they can't do the class or original starter zones stuff
  12. Xanadin New Member

The reason is there is no financial incentive. This is just software, anything is possible, but unless there was a huge amount of people throwing cash at them to make it happen, it will never happen.

Perhaps they should start a Kickstarter to fund the project.
  13. Nuhvohk Active Member

nah i'm pretty sure it's because the dev team is 15 people who didn't even work on the game at launch and have no clue where to start

if you throw money at them they'll just make a more elaborate disappointment
    Xanadin likes this.
  14. Boldac Active Member

A few things I've noticed, starting with the likes.

- Zone-wise, it's as close to old eq2 as time/money will allow.
    - No AAs, focuses, etc.
    - The option to skip FFS/DLW and go to Q/FP at the start using "Call to Home"
    - XP gain is being addressed
    - Tougher mobs being added
    - Did I mention the lack of flying mounts?

Things I don't really like, but can live with:
    - Aerykyn, Freeblood, Sarnak, Frogloks being readily available.
    - Rhino Mounts for sale pre-kunark
    - FFS/DLW as the starting area (see suggestions below)
    - Griffon towers in TS/Nek (see suggestions below)
    - Harvesting numbers. Thing is, if everyone is harvesting at that rate, at least it's fair. And it will discourage the harvest-bots since crafters can get their hands on the raws in the quantities needed a bit easier.
    - The disappearance of the WORTS. I liked the interdependence it created, but I understand why they left and are not here either.

Things I feel need to get gone:
    - Lose the xp potions, debt removal potions and bags from the cash shop. If you want to make money via dbc on the tle put in all of the purely appearance items. (i.e. armor, pets, etc. They provide no "pay to win" for anyone, but allow people to customize their character and furthers their immersion, while still making you money) And when I say pets, I mean both combat and non-combat. Let the shaman have a pet rock or the necro have a pet lich. And before the pvp folks complain they won't be able to tell what class they are killing with appearance gear/pets...doesn't a bit of unknown add to the "excitement"?
    - Lose the bulk of the quick travel. Or at least make us discover a place before we can just pop over there. Especially lose the use of Griffon Towers until we find them and/or get an egg.
    - Ditch the fast horses in places like Feerrott

Suggestions:
    - I get we can't get the Isle back. But FFS and DLW are just not fitting for the intent of the TLE. Why not just put an NPC in DLW/FFS that would port you to your home city skipping FFS and DLW? Disable the NPC that gives the initial quest and block the area. There's enough low-level quests in and around the two main cities that people won't notice. Side effect, you don't have to mess with the gear/mount from those quests then. And then, just remove the option to port there via the bell. (Don't know if that would be easier than fixing all the gear and such, just a thought)
    - Griffon towers in TS/Nek. Keep 'em, but make us discover them and get an egg for the tower operator to use them. And if possible, get rid of the ability to skip towers while traveling. It's nice on live, but for these two servers, I think it would be best if you had to hop from tower to tower to get places.

Thanks for the effort on this already and for the future efforts.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Things I noticed that changed my mind about even bothering with this when it goes live.
    1. BAGS: Give me one 8-slot bag, not a 24-slot and all those 4-slots or if you it will cause issues, just one 24-slot and nothing else (even if I think this is too big to start with.) If I want to use the marketplace for a 24-slot, that will benefit Daybreak. Those not wanting to, like me, are happy to craft bags to utilize and / or sell on the broker.
    2. RACES: Remove races that were not available at release and those added since, have their additions coincide with the expansion they were introduced with!
    3. STARTING CITY: Your current choices are just bad IMO. Those two cities were not even in game until 2007 for Neriak which is part of EoF and Sentinel's Fate was released already when you added New Halas in 2010. I believe evil-aligned should start in Freeport at the Jade Tiger Inn and good-aligned start in Qeynos at the Lion's Mane.
    Moonpanther, Kryvak and Yuudai like this.
  16. Odyssey Active Member

Here is where I'm slightly confused...If we are having to subscribe to play on this server then why are things like XP Potions and Bags being sold on the market? These are the kind of things that are really unacceptable.
    Xanadin likes this.
  17. Araxes Active Member

Game Start Screen
    Play the original musical EQ2 theme (the nice orchestral one) and remove the AOM-centric banner; replace with the original banner.

Character Creation / Creator / Races / Alignments
    • I had the option to create a level 90 character. This seems out of place.
    • Can you put us on the original boat backdrop instead of the AOM creation screen?
    • Original character creator UI would be nice - choose race before class; naked gear.
    • Starting Gear - this should be removed or altered back to basic stuff that was available at the time.
    • Remove the non-original races as options: Fae, Arasai, Sarnak, Freeblood, Aerakyn.
      • I'd suggest that they go in about when they were added. Fae with EOF (you could lump Arasai in there, too, even though they came later; they were between expansions as I recall; Sarnak with ROK; Freeblood I think were around AOD; Aerakyn obviously very recent, COE-ish)
    • Frogloks should not be playable until someone / group on server completes the original quest & raid to unlock them.
    • Give races and classes their original Good / Evil alignments and restrictions, respectively.

UI
    • Switch to the Classic UI - there is a great mod for this already out there, so surely it's doable.
    • Get rid of the non-original quest helper / minimap indicators. (Or at least turn it off by default.) No blue overlays, icons, etc.
    • No Welcome Screen with links to cash shop and all the hot zone info, news, etc. Just leave that out, entirely.
    • No cash shop. I gather this has already been decided and there will be one - but I'm against the cash shop. Not potions, not bags, nothing. Everyone should be on an equal playing field.

Gear
    • Needs significant downscaling to be in line with original stuff. I remember when purchasing a plain old tin flail from the vendor in Qeynos Harbor was better than what I had found in the world. Same with armors. This should also help a lot with the challenge factor - partly seems overpowered because the gear is overpowered.
    • No appearance slots. Part of the joy of T5 days in getting a piece of cool gear was that people could tell you did something awesome to get it. Your egar was also an indicator of your achievements. With appearance slots everyone looks liike an uber level 90 toon at level 1. It doesn't fit.

Mounts / Travel
    • Bells. Originall you have to travel somewhere to use the bell to access it, and bells were limited to major overland zones and qeynos districts only.
    • Access Quests. I would like to see these put back in place as full requirements, including the boat rides and dungeon access quests.
    • No Flying mounts until DOV is released. Same for leapers and gliders.
    • Walk/run speed should be brought down to original pace.
    • Ground mounts should be limited to what was originally available. Just the horses. And they cost a fortune in coin / status.
    • Speed should not be more than what was originall available - I think it was 25% of base walk speed, but may have been less.
    • Will Crusaders get their summon mount ability back? ;)

Money/Economy
    • Not sure how you will handle this but I remember when 2 gold could buy me a full set of pristine crafted gear. And 2 gold was almost impossible to earn unless you were lucky enough to find an ultra rare drop (like a master chest.)
    • Drop rates for masters should be brought down to original level. Same for other items/spellbooks.
    • Selling items ... well ... originally ... yes, you had to be logged in and standing in your 1 room apartment and people had to come to you buy things. I personally wouldn't mind that, again.

Miracle Wishlist
    • I know what has been previously stated - but I am sharing my wishlist, anyway, because these are the big points for me.
    • Starting areas need to be Qeynos and Freeport, if not the Isle / Outposts. If possible original quests which were axed should be replaced, along with the original NPC voiceover dialog.
    • Far Journey and Isle of Refuge Tutorials; level 6-8 Citizenship Quests; Original Villages; Class Quests/Original Class System
    • Original NPC voiceovers and quests in the city villages.
    • What about the guild Patron system? Original guild rewards for Level 30 were a mount and flying carpet (the hover carpet, actually, since flying mounts were not in game at all.)
    • Any chance of getting the original spell animations back and the original spell progression system?

Well.

That's all. It's not much, I know. ;)
    Ametha, Moonpanther and Yuudai like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

unfortunetly there is no way for the evil toons to get to new halas.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It was 45% if you were a Warden or grouped with one. Fastest mount was 40%.
    Unfortunately they turned a lot of class-defining spells in to abilities and are not available until AA's are unlocked with KoS?

That is going to totally suck. No shaman dogs, no priest stances, no 45% sow, no to a lot of stuff that was ripped out of EVERY classes' spell books and turned into an AA
  20. Yuudai Member

This guy knows his ****...I support wanting these changes so much
    Jaden and Moonpanther like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.