TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gourdon Well-Known Member

There is definitely an issue that we need to be able to advance quickly in the beta to test higher level areas. However, they need to tune and test regular xp advancement. Ideally, doing all of the quests across 2-3 zones should get a player through a tier of leveling. This would mean doing quests in DLW+Commonlands+some of Antonica to get from 10-20, or something like that. The alternative might be to do Wailing Caves+Blackburrow+Fallen Gate+Stormhold. Getting to level 7 or 8 should probably still be trivial.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I echo most of the sentiments here:
    • XP too fast (which I know is being worked on)
    • Mobs too easy / characters too strong
    • Harvesting needs to be less bountiful + reintroduce old skill restrictions
    • I guess reactants and grandmaster spell books are still dropping? Should not happen.
    • People need to be made aware that there are alternatives to DLW and FFS.
    • Class Focii seem to be still a thing (at least they didn't appear to be locked - I could be wrong about that though). Class focii should at least be disabled until Sentinel's Fate IMO.
    • I noticed the stuff in the marketplace could only be purchased once. That's fine, but make sure such items can't be gifted, if indeed this is to remain a thing.
    • I think chronomages can stay but I don't have a strong opinion either way.
    • Fast travel in places like EL, Feerrott, EF, etc. should be disabled, or at least only enable checkpoints as you discover them, which is how I think it worked before?
    I'm sure there'll be more to come.
  3. Nicolos Active Member

DLW & Frostfang need to go. Yes, I know I can gate to FP/Q and ignore those two areas and I try not to advocate taking away options but leaving them in hurts the whole point of this server. The gear is too good and just allows people to solo up to or past their 20s in a hand holding environment. You say you want crafting to be important again, yet who is going to buy gear that worse than they got for free from simplistic quests? Plop us down in FP and Q and let us figure it out!
    Seefar, Charlice, lonestryder and 3 others like this.
  4. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I've fallen desperately on the side of letting channelers and BL's into the game. Can we have one server with them and one without /giggle ;)
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I agree that DLW and Halas should be locked until the proper expansion or GU.
  6. Eloscian New Member

I have really been looking forward to the TLE servers. I had read all the posts about what to expect but even so what we have is not what I expected. One of the devs came onto beta and cleared a few misunderstandings I had. I now realise that the database used on TLE is the same as the live one so stuff can only be disabled and not changed as this would change it in live, or something like that.

I understand that many are happy with this but I was hoping for something a bit more nostalgic. After spending a day in beta it felt to me just the same as levelling a new alt does on live but without some of the conveniences like vet rewards and mercs. It doesn't feel nostalgic, just gimped.

Maybe I have completely missed the point but I don't see how I can get anything out of the TLE servers that I can't already take from the live servers when I level a new alt from lvl 1. I mean I can just lock xp gain if I want to level slower, or mentor down if I want to revisit lower zones, so what's the point? Is it just to make a harder version of the live servers? Or is it to have more players available for grouping in lower stuff?

I wanted to love this, I'm disappointed that I don't. I know it wasn't supposed to be classic EQ2 but I just expected something more than it is. I think I'll stick to live for now.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Lol we have that now, these new time locked servers or the normal servers.
  8. Yuudai Member

I 100% agree with removing the races that wern't in the game during the start..Froglok is fine, but sarnak and etc? No
    Please no beastlord and channeler UNTIL their expansion comes out

Halas and Darklight need to go aswell...Freeport or Qeynos...thats what we need
  9. Kolamir New Member

Here is my feedback from playing for about 2 hours last night.

Leveling is super easy and levels fly by really fast. Both my wife and I were level 10 within the first hour of playing. The amount of exp that is being given from quests and killing mobs has got to be toned down. A lot.

I think races needed to be restricted to when they were originally released. If you are going to allow all races at the start you need to allow all classes as well then. Doing one without the other just does not make sense.

Starting with 6 bags and having the ability to buy bags from the marketplace is a mistake if you ask me. Give us something to work towards when playing the game instead of just handing everything to us at level 1 on a silver platter.

Access quests need to become a requirement once again like they were in the past. Log EL, EF, LS, etc behind them. Again, give us something to work towards.

My final piece of feedback for what I have experienced so far is this. Please do NOT start us in Halas or Darklight. Please start us at the gates to either Freeport or Qeynos. If people want to play through Darklight or New Halas they can make their way to those areas from there. There were people talking in General chat last night that Call to Home will be set there in the future for new toons. If that is the case, why not set the characters to actually start there as well?
    Seefar, Yuudai, Mystixism and 2 others like this.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

TBH, I looted an adept book for my class, and I was actually excited. Nice change :D Now get rid of DLW and FSS!
    Charlice, HaphazardAllure and Iadien like this.
  11. Mortimus54 New Member

• Player's too strong/mobs too weak. One or the other needs tweaked
    • Exp is too quick, need to turn down quest rewards.
    • I have no issues with having all the races/classes unlocked from launch as long as this isn't causing one class/race to be weaker/strong than another.
    • The first tradeskill quest should not give a clickable run speed buff, that seems way too good of a reward for originalish eq2.
    • I like that the added starting zones are in. I played at launch, and as a Dark Elf never liked the idea of having to change my citizenship to Neriak when it was released. As long as these zones don't provide better gear/exp, I see no issue with keeping them there. This also further breaks up the overcrowding issues there always are during a launch.
    • Possibly remove the racial teleport to player ability. Although this being on a 12hr timer I feel it's not too overpowered.
    • Starting with 6 bags doesn't seem too bad to me, as long as bigger bags are harder to obtain.
  12. Dauvien Member

Citizenship change NPC (Ambasasor Duryo Valstath) lists Kelethin in Qeynos. Not sure if the option can be modified (hidden) since the NPC is also needed to betray I think.
  13. Nepharus New Member

Ok, here's my 2cp....

/soapbox on

First of all, this is not a Project "2004," "Progression," or "Classic" server. This is a Time-Locked Expansion server, meaning that whatever changes are implemented will have to be configuration changes to the existing code. DGC does not have the development resources to build a complete fork of the game, which is what the aforementioned servers would require. The sooner people get out of the mindset of "loading up the old code" and in to the mindset of making adjustments to the existing code to get the experience we want, the sooner we will get constructive feedback and creative ideas to make it "feel" more like the old game we are all looking for. Seriously, we have devs present, in the flesh, in the zones talking to people and asking for feedback to make this game what WE want it with the resources that are available. What more can you ask for really? (Gninja, thank you, sir, I appreciate your efforts.) This is our chance to make this what we want it to be, we have never had more direct access to the people responsible for creating the content, even in the "good 'ole days," so stop b!t{h!ng and help figure out what needs done to make the experience what we want!

/soapbox off

As for the gameplay, the major adjustments I see as emergent needs are:

1) Quest/Disco XP is too high
    2) Gear is too good
    3) Mobs are too weak
    4) Not enough starter zone options

Not so emergent:
    1) The economy may need adjustment, coin gain seems a bit much, but too early to tell.
    2) I'd love to see the racial quests in the cities opened to all races so we can see all the slum zones again. (maybe that can even be a starting quest line?)

My suggestions:

1) Dial back Quest/Disco XP gain similar to adventure XP gain
    2 & 3) Feldon had a wonderful idea, global mob buff/player debuff.
    4) We need some sort of starter option for the major cities. I feel no draw or allegiance to my city like I once did starting in DLW or New Halas. That being said, starting as a Barbarian in NH or an Inky in DLW, for instance, has a certain appeal. See above, maybe we can rework the racial quests into a starter line and do the "call home" thing previously mentioned to get us to the major cities? I would be happy with that.

Other thoughts:

I was, and am still very excited about the possibilities of these servers. I have been impressed with the visibility of the DBG staff thus far in the Beta. It makes me feel like they care what we think. Thank you all for doing this, my friends and I truly appreciate it.

Truly,

A concerned Norrathian, and/or smelly Barbarian
    Maiana, Charlice, Tachyon and 2 others like this.
  14. Gninja Developer

Added this to the original topic but posting here so everyone sees it. Changes that are in the works are not limited to these but here are some of the frequently brought up ones:

Things being worked on:
    - Exp gain(combat and quest) is too fast.
    - Tradeskill Exp gain is too fast
    - Mount travel within zones are getting removed
    - More heroics are being added across the game (this is an ongoing task)
    - Mobs in dungeons are getting a boost to how much they can damage players
    - Starting gear is getting reworked back to old style starting gear aka practically nothing. We will still be giving weapons/ranged weapon. Also bye bye most bags.
    Seefar, Moonpanther, Kryvak and 12 others like this.
  15. TeholB New Member

Thankyou for taking our feedback and acting on it; being updated on what is in the works is also very nice. I hope we can continue this level of collaboration to make the servers the best possible compromise!!!!!!
    Seefar and HaphazardAllure like this.
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

Exp is really high, like super high.

Mechanics are interesting, it seems fighter heals are untouched?
  17. Septik New Member

Thanks for the update Gninja.....the things you listed are the major concerns of almost every player I have talked to. The other stuff people are complaining about, for the most part, is trivial. I am truly glad to see that DBG is working on it and listening to our feedback. Thanks for all the hard work you and your team are putting into this.
    Maiana likes this.
  18. Luet New Member

Wow! I really don't care about the starting zone; I don't want to grind to 10 when I am still getting just a few spells/abilities in my arsenal. I was hoping to make it out of the trivial starting area, to level 15+, and back into the "original zones" before significant changes to difficulty and experience were made. I was hoping to test some dungeon grouping, the whole reason I'm excited about the TLE servers, before yelling and screaming. I guess I'm just slow and will have to take it on faith from the people who rushed through everything and got to the dungeons first that it is all too easy. Seems a bit ironic.
  19. Gourdon Well-Known Member

One thing that I saw which was a pleasant surprise was that I looked at the ~13 quest given on the dock in the Commonlands and the reward was statistically identical to something I got in Darklight Wood. It appears that at least there is a semblance of similarity between quest rewards in classic and newer zones.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  20. Nuhvohk Active Member

Hey, so I see most of the issues I came across have already been addressed (voidbeasts in Lavastorm, XP gain too fast, enemies still not strong enough, etc). However, I'd like to suggest that instead of removing in-zone travel, reduce it to the old formula where you had to EARN it to use it. e.g., make the Griffin Egg quests required again, and restrict horse use to locations you've discovered (similar to Withered Lands).

I'm also glad to see the world bell in QH doesn't work anymore. Now we just need the other world bells in the cities disabled! However, if you do that, please add Frostfang Sea to "Travel Within Qeynos", because otherwise it'd be difficult to get back. I suppose it's too much to ask for the 50s boat tickets to TS and Nek to be added as well?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.