TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabytha Member

So, I used the horse fast travel to safely explore some of the more high level zones and examine the mob difficulty.

Here are my findings for the level 30+ overland zones I was able to visit.

Feerrott - whoever handled Feerrott did a beautiful job on increasing the mob difficulty. Best zone I've seen so far. The zone is littered with heroics, but in a good way! There are plenty of solo and heroic mobs for all. :)

Enchanted Lands - very impressed with the increase in difficulty. I couldn't find anything to suggest to increase the difficulty of. Anything I remember being heroic, is in fact heroic again.

Rivervale - perfect. Running through this zone, with difficulty similar to back in the day, started giving me tingly feelings of nostalgia.

Zek - moderately lacking in heroic orcs. Needs more ^^^ and ^^ !!
    • Two Double down a Deathfist savage linked to a single ^^^ a Deathfist Savage on the bridge to the general Deathfist Citadel area. Since Gninja mentioned in General chat on the server that there should be no double downs in the game anymore, I figured I'd bring this up.
    • Mobs outside of Deathfist Citadel are a mixture of solo, ^, and ^^^. Particularly a Deathfist Protector (solo, ^^^), a Gorynn Trooper (solo), a Drunder Trooper (solo, ^), a Deathfist salvager (solo, ^) and a Derris trooper (solo, ^) need to be increased a tad in difficulty given the deepness in the zone near DFC.
    • *cheer* Grumzod the Exile is a 41 x4 encounter.
    • Defiled forest is a good enough heroic orc camp but could be improved (mostly ^^, no ^^^).
    • The lumberjack camp is all solo mobs and should be buffed equivalently (^^-^^^).
    • Other than at DFC and Defiled Forest there are no viable heroic orc camps. But there are lots of heroic non-orcs in the zone, which could make up for that. With the inclusion of buffing the lumberjack camp, I think the zone would be sufficiently difficult. Other than near DFC, I had a hard time finding heroic ^^^.
    Everfrost- overall good job done with this zone, just a few non-critical suggestions:
    • an ice fright ^, huge hallway of a bunch of these in Icewail Pass. How about ^^? This should be a pretty popular pathway though as it leads directly from the docks to a large portion of the rest of the zone (on the path to Permafrost, for example) so I could see it adding a lot to the challenge of the zone which is why I would not recommend ^^^.
    • Icegill Goblins @ Icegoblin Lake - all are ^ or solo. It could be interesting to add some ^^ goblins, I doubt many are going to be wanting to solo at the very back end, near Permafrost.
    Lavastorm- good, but a few critical issues (*ahem* LEVEL 80 MOBS!):
    • IMPORTANT - huge camp of level 80+ aggro mobs related to the questline for Ward of Elements X2 are STILL on Lavastorm beach and also in the water! Remove these and any associated npcs/quests. With this in mind, please try to handle any other places where much higher level mobs and quests were added to classic zones.
    • TEMPLE OF SOLUSEK RO needs to have its difficulty increased. I recall Gninja saying in chat that all double down arrows should be gone from the game. However, I saw roaming "summoned Sol Ro slave" double down mobs attached to "a voidflame hall monitor" (solo con, in a linked heroic encounter). I wasn't able to get very deep into Temple of Sol Ro, but this area needs to have a higher heroic presence. It is only guarded by two mobs, each ^ difficulty!! I was able to train my way down almost to the center. :( This area appears soloable, contrary to a significant portion of the rest of the zone. I'd suggest to buff all the mobs here by ^-^^ (i.e. the entrance would then be guarded by ^^ or ^^^ mobs instead of ^). Temple of Sol Ro shouldn't be a soloer's haven!
    • Other than the above 2 issues, Lavastorm is once again beefy and quite frightening. Just like I remember!!
    Despite some minor tweaks that need to be done, I think we're really close to having mob difficulty where it should be.

After looking at all of these zones and their improvements, I'm so excited to actually play when this goes live. I know we didn't get the Isle of Refuge, but so much more of the content is outside of what you would have experienced on the Isle. I realized this as I explored the higher level zones, and I must say that the nostalgia is real, guys!! Just avoid DLW and Halas.

One last thought. I was able to explore all of these zones as a level 14 Fury! Please
    remove the horse fast travel NPCs so that this is not possible. It removes a LOT of the challenge from the zone, even
    for a real group.

To wrap things up: thank you, devs. I think these servers will be GREAT!! :) I'm finally feeling like I'll have a server to call home again.

TLDR; Fix level 80s in Lavastorm, buff Temple of Solusek Ro in Lavastorm. Look into increasing ice fright and icegill goblin difficulty in Everfrost. More heroic orcs in Zek. Remove Horse Fast Travel NPCs. Everything else 30+ overland appears good.
    Seefar, Gninja, Mystixism and 3 others like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't have a lot of comments to make other than agreeing that the XP gain is too high atm (though I understand that it is already something that is going to be adjusted).

The one big thing for me is we should absolutely not be able to start in Darklight or Frostfang Sea. We shouldn't be able to access those zones at all until probably Echoes of Faydwer is unlocked.
    It's my opinion that since we don't have the burbs or the island anymore, that we should pop up by our racial mentors in either Qeynos or Freeport. That will give a jumping off point for any actual new/returning players and from there people can grab other quests around the cities & the outlying areas to level up. That would cut some of the complaints of over powered gear and adornments and what not from loot drops as well.

I did run into what I believe is a bug with the Raffik quest. At level 7 after completing the first of his quests and exiting the island zone, it deposited my little level 7 mystic/10 scholar rear on the docks of Enchanted Lands. I'm not sure if the zones are being locked behind the access quests/level requirements as they were way back when or not, but I figured it was something worth mentioning.
  3. Dixa Active Member

4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The only thing nostalgic about the changes was the late start and a couple of crashes.

They lowered income and made a half-baked attempt at increasing mob difficulty by adding a few hitpoints "I could play the game on live without armor or weapons and get the same effect".
    I don't know why I expected more from what's left of the dev team than what we received, maybe I was being optimistic that they would in fact put the starter isles back and give us the old cities we called home for many years, you know..the things we asked for.. they say they "CANT"...I don't understand, why? It was there before, which means the code is possible....Do they not have good programmers now?

I am sure it will be good for pvp, all they need to do is freeze content where it is and allow level locking and its set.

What a huge waste of time and disappointment this was, makes me wonder if any of the people currently employed were there at launch..if no it would explain why they missed the magic that made it so great.

Really it is too bad for Daybreak...my money and time will go elsewhere..if you ever get off your butts and make the classic EQ2 your players asked for I will be back..I would even pay double for that! (minus any cash shop)

Its quite apparent the devs will ignore this post as they ignored the other post numerous people have made telling them what we want vs what they are giving us.
    Good luck with that, have a wonderful day & goodbye.

Sincerly,
    A former loyal gamer
    Seefar likes this.
  5. ask1walker New Member

Hate to burst your bubble there, mate, but as a tradeskiller, I can tell you, within 15 minutes of farming, a character can ahvethe mats to make themselves +4 to class relevant stats in all slots, and if they do the tradeskilling tutorial whiile they're at it, they can have enough xp to make tradeskill level 10 and get started on 11-20 gear besides.

A character could have this "unfair boost" regardless of where they started.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I read the FAQ, quite literally moments after they posted it back in mid-June. I've kept up with pretty much everything they've said about the beta servers since they first announced TLE would be a thing.

Beside the "starting zones will be" the announcement also clearly said " more on this later". Which, forgive me for being hopeful, took to mean they would consider making some changes to the starting areas chosen.

If you note, I am not frothing like some people have been, ranting and raging and threatening/actually canceling my sub over it.
    This is the feedback thread, so here I am giving my feedback.
    These are the things I feel should be addressed in regards to how the PVE TLE server is currently being handled. They are things I think would make the experience better for all involved. If people want the experience of steamrolling content on a railroad of quests, they can easily do that on the standard ruleset servers. While Holly did clearly state this was not going to be a Project 2004 server (and I can't say I'm terribly sad over that) I do think there is room for some more adjustments.

If the devs like the ideas and actually have the time to implement them, awesome. If they don't, oh well, maybe next time since they have also said these probably aren't going to be the last progression servers we see. This is the first 24 hours of beta, not everything is set in stone.
    Seefar, Mystixism, Kryvak and 3 others like this.
  7. Duffy Active Member

Sorry, what bubble do you hate to burst, mate? I wasn't event commenting on some "unfair boost". I mentioned quest gear because that was the first gear I encountered: gear with stats similar to live servers. I even expected tradeskill gear similar to live servers then also, actually, after seeing +4 stats gear as a lvl 1 reward, and adornments also, it became quite obvious that nothing - at least in the starting zones - has changed at all.

Thus, if gear code can't be changed for some reason, I'd like to see mobs buffed up.
  8. Tabytha Member

The mob difficulty is still not high enough. Some adjustment needs to be done on the damage, health, and resistance of npcs, and/or our own health and damage need to be toned down. I think the health and damage of players is too high, and would probably be met better with an invisible debuff rather than a downgrade in itemization.

As a lvl 10 Fury duoing with a lvl 10 Defiler, in Darklight Wood quest gear, we were able to efficiently duo yellow ^^ and ^^^ heroic mobs and chain pull them. We had mostly apprentice level spells.

Additionally, I witnessed a solo level 6 (DLW quest geared) bruiser mass pull and painlessly solo at least seven or eight level 6-7 zombies (white and yellow con to him) within about a minute and not dropping below 70% health. He was doing way too much damage and outhealing the mob's damage purely from the minidings he would gain from killing off enough mobs to gain 10% exp. He should have taken too much damage to survive a mass pull.

Nerfing the DLW/Halas quest gear will not work since we still have MC gear. Nerfing the stats on all items would be too strenuous, imo, so I would go with some sort of debuff on the players or buff to the mobs. The cool thing about testing with a debuff/buff is that it can be adjusted and tested more easily than the stats on an item, and tweaked until it feels 'right' to the players.
    Seefar, Mrs. Song and Feldon like this.
  9. Dyeana Active Member

I notice some classes are not availiable. All classes should be availiable to allow these classes to grow with the creation of the new server. If waiting until later, will someone be availiable to assist new players 2 or more years down the line with the starting quests?? I doubt it, so if preferring a class or race you are going to introduce later, that person might as well skip this server or game for gads knows how many years. I do not think that is what is intended. Originally it was stated all classes and races. Get the largest number of players playing for the the long haul.

Wiz spires and druid rings need disabled and the scrolls showing for the Fury and Wizards to collect and activate for their character. Add the Wardens and Worlocks if desired to the scrolls if desired. Get folks talking for access to upper lands and let the quests define access.

Travel bells need some disabling to facilitate players doing the access quests to various lands. There are access quests via the boats to be done.

Thanks
    Dye
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Anastaise Active Member

What is with the 24 minute play queue for the pve tle server?
    The timer never went below 24 minutes and kept going up and down - I gave up and closed out of the game. I really hope they don't implement this queue system for the live game - it's horrible.
  11. Perijn New Member

Play request queued.
    Average wait time 26 minutes (and going up !!!!)

I cant see any good things they did tbh
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Here is what I'm seeing thus far.

Starting areas need to be changed. Halas and DLW should not even be in the game on these servers at this time. Begin in the cities if nothing else. Bring back the burbs if at all possible.
    New races should not be in game at this point
    Bags should not be in market place, allow the tailors to provide those
    Xp is still to fast and too much is still soloable (note the testers that have detailed where and which mobs)
    Nothing should be in the market place but appearance armor

Earn your mounts, take out stable masters and fast travel npc's
    Earn the griffin rides by finding the eggs
    Take out any travel options that were not available at the beginning of the game.

Bring back lvl requirements for harvesting

Make to where you can't lvl your tradeskill to max level in one sitting, slow that down in some manner.

Gear stats need to come down, even with crafted gear

Mobs need to be tougher! Make it where you dare not go anywhere with out a group.

I disagree with those who think this is not nostalgia or time locked server. People WANT these new servers to be just that. They are willing to SUB just for that experience. If you are going to do this, then give them what they want and they will come.

Those who want the new classes, the full set of bags from the cash shop, don't want to group, the travel, and such have the normal servers for that.

Another, slam down hard on any and all botters. Zero tolerance should be the rule of the day. I would even go so far as to suggest that boxing not be allowed on these servers either. Again you have the regular servers for that.

Either you want the nostalgia or you don't. If you don't then you have the normal servers for that. But from what I've read and seen since this idea came to light, if you want to bring in the subs, then take the time and go old school with these servers. If you don't then you won't bring back the folks who have been begging for this.

As far as those who don't think paying to beta test is cool, that is your choice...but do you remember how hard it was to get into a beta slot back in the day? At least this way you can participate. We can go back to the old way of getting picked for beta but then folks would be on here saying only the fan bois got picked. So either pay up to beta or don't it's your choice.

These are my opinions and mine only. I was asked to offer feedback and this is what I have done.
    Pixistik, Seefar, Mystixism and 4 others like this.
  13. chaospunk New Member

in the calculated time waiting my time seems to be increasing usually starting at 29 minutes and going up, i waited the full over a half an hour to see if this would improve and since at this time your working on queue i thought i would let you know of this at this moment.
  14. Mophia Active Member

As was suggested on test server when this was first announced, make the start cities Qeynos and Freeport, all that is needed is some start quests added to take you from 1 to 5, then 5 to 10 in the city adventure areas, such as Oakmyst Forest, The Sprawl, The Graveyard, Peat Bog, and so on, then 10 to 20 in Commonlands and Antonica. It wouldn't take much to write some level 1 to 5 quests, things like find the bank, the broker, some delivery quests taking you to mage buildings, crafting buildings, things like that, especially find your race mentor and class mentors. They can either start you on the race quest, or tell you to come back at level whatever. You could be sent to the person who gives the lower level city writs, who could tell you to come back at level 10, I think it is. A new npc giving the level 1 to 5 quests at the docks is all that is needed for that.

There is plenty of opportunities to turn Qeynos and Freeport back into proper start areas for level 1, and the quests are still there to take you from 5 up, it's just the 1 to 5 gap, which can easily be filled. So listen to the ones who say start us in Qeynos and Freeport and leave Neriak and Halas to the proper expansion time, or put Halas in at the same time as Gorowyn.
    Belenos, Seefar and Moonpanther like this.
  15. Wabit Active Member

I started in the snow area, CoQ right away, got to level 7 on discovery exp in Qeynos before I ever raised my weapon. Basically I just ran around and looked at stuff.

All the mounts are 29% run speed, even the disks you can't get until GL 90 (why are they there?). The cheap mounts had the approximate run speed of a SoW totem 20%ish, the GL 50 mount had maybe a 40%ish run speed.

I don't like the exp potions from the market, if the rate of exp was 5-10% (lvl 30+) an hour it would make more sense. The marketplace bags aren't game breaking, still hurts tailors and box makers.

Things you could add to the marketplace that aren't game breaking, or stepping on any crafter are things like the personal depot. You could have them tied to either the character or account (so houses don't get turned into quasi guild halls).

I haven't played to a high level but the game still seems to be easy mode, harvesting and getting 13 if whatever in one hit (that was 5+ nodes before)

Looking back lvl 1-10 took me 2 days at launch, 10-20 took another 8 days (would have been less but I lost a couple levels deciding to uncover the Nek Forest map at lvl 15 as a Guard). It took me about 3 months to get to 50 (took about 1.5-2 months for the first ppl to hit 50). With everyone knowing everything about the game it should take 3-4 weeks to get to 50 for the hardcore grinders or bots at the original exp rate (cause knowing is half the battle).

This is a very small sample size but I got 3 adept1 from loots, all of them were for Inq (which I was playing solo). Is this just outstanding luck or working as intended? Not interested in waiting half and hour to test the game some more.

The random server crashes were a great throwback. =D
    Araleth, Nepharus and Maiana like this.
  16. Wulfhammer Active Member

So far I have only this :-
    1. Joined the queue to get in-game - Est 39 min wait.. 20 mins later its now 52 mins and rising...

No idea how that can be possible, the time should stay static until it reduces..

Edit: Its now up to 60 mins lol

2. Remove the "Create Level 90 Heroic" button from character select screen
    Seefar, GrunEQ and Moonpanther like this.
  17. Antarious New Member

^ Not only is wait time increasing.. the servers are listed as light. I assume something is wrong as it doesn't appear there should even be a wait time...
    Wulfhammer likes this.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

of course something is wrong. , I can't believe they decided to test out the queue system with the time locked server. lol

[IMG]

shoot myself now or later?
  19. Dauvien Member

Recall griffon towers only being in Anontica/Commonalands, the others had to be built/eggs gathered for Nek/TS. Am I off base here (might be a coding issue though) not been to Nek/TS yet either (wonder if the horse travel is there).
    Eloscian likes this.
  20. Eloscian New Member

Queue system is weird, the timer just keeps going up. It told me average wait time was 15mins then I logged in after 5mins which leaves the message completely irrelevant.

Mounts should have the old tiered speeds back. Why pay more for some mounts when the speed is exactly the same.

Harvesting should have the old skill level restrictions back on.

Travel system back to the old way where only some zones led to others and boats were required for TS and BB etc.

If the new classes are not coming until the relevant expansion is unlocked then neither should the expansion related races, e.g. sarnak, fae, etc. Also, Ratonga should be evil only again.

Please find away to bring the old starting areas back, it's just not right with Neriak and DL wood while Kelethin and GF are locked. Starting in FS is also kinda weird.

Old decorating system back. While I love the new system on live, it was more of a challenge decorating when items could not be resized and repositioned along axis.

I would also really like the old class system back where we started off as either mage, fighter, priest or scout and specialised as we levelled.

I love the idea of TLE but at the moment it just feels like the main servers will all the conviences stripped out but none of the old fun ways added back in to make up for it, in other words just a gimped version of live servers.

There doesn't seem a lot of point in only half doing this.
    Pixistik, Seefar, Mystixism and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.