[TLE] Priest Population

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Vegaz, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vegaz New Member

I'm new to EQ2 and to the Time Locked Environment. I want to play a priest, but I can't decide which to play. In my MMO experience I've discovered that I really enjoyed playing the class that is under populated, but still effective and in demand for raids.

With at said ...

1) Which class is the least populated at lvl 70 end game?
    2) Which class is in highest demand for raids/guilds?
    3) Are any of them frequently benched because their heal output is subpar?
    4) Do any of them offer something the others cannot? ie unique buff, a big life saving cooldown, etc?
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

It's hard to say because the population of the TLE server has changed so much. People left, people got merged, people came back...etc.

Traditionally:

1) Which class is the least populated at lvl 70 end game? - hard to say for the TLE but probably Templar

2) Which class is in highest demand for raids/guilds? - Defiler/Mystic

3) Are any of them frequently benched because their heal output is subpar? - Warden is later on after the mobs are on farm - not because they are subpar, but after the raidforce is geared up, they really can't get a heal in between Shaman and Clerics - and they don't have much in the way of good buffs. They are otherwise a really good/fun healer to play, especially on the TLE where casting speeds are slow for shaman and cleric

4) Do any of them offer something the others cannot? ie unique buff, a big life saving cooldown, etc? - Inquisitor has "Verdict" which is arguably a raid saver sometimes. Later on (level 80 when you get your mythical), Inquisitors' mythical buff is a group cure...which...later on..makes you very important for raids.

The best thing to do would be look at the guild recruitment window and see what classes anyone is recruiting. You could have a discussion with their recruiters if they are on to see what they'd like most. Some will help you, some really don't want to talk to you until you have a viable raid character, so this suggestion is hit or miss.

Good luck with your decision. I decided to stop playing the TLE because it was too much c**p to deal with as a healer - both the social aspect and the way they not only tuned the content but couldn't seem to ever get it right. Just not enough patience for either anymore.

I like playing Warden, Defiler and Templar in that order, but that's personal preference - your mileage might vary.

Have fun, and get off my lawn :)