[TLE] Playing Swashbuckler ?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tales, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Tales New Member

My main is currently a Swashbuckler on Deathtoll but after comparising to other classes im starting to ask myself : Why?
    My Raidleader says we need the debuffs but after looking on my Lvl 50 Mystic i recognize hes a better debuffer.
    Mystic debuffs more DPS Attackspeed and Health. I can also debuff Strikethrough but im not sure if any raidmobs have the ability to do that in current update. The DPS is worser then the oher t2 dps classes and the only thing i find specia on Swash is that hes the first who get AOE autoattack ...But since there is no AOE autoattack on TLE its also useless.
    So im asking to this Forum ? is there any reason to play Swashy ? Wouldnt an second Brigant helping the raid better or should i even lvling my Mystic for better debuffs ?
  2. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Playing a swashy is a real WASTE right now. EVEN if you had the aoe attack, it wouldnt change anything. The offensive debuffs are too weak and we are grossly overpowered anyway on TLE. There wont be a reason to bring a swashy for 2-3 more expansions. A brigand is far superior in plenty other cases.
  3. dngrmse Active Member

Reason to play a Swash:

1. We get hats!
    2. We're the only class that can betray to briggy.

And that's about it.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I love my Swashie on Freeport, but that's because I'm not spending good money to play a broken game on cash-grab servers.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Rockefeller New Member

Well maybe stop talking then because you are completely derailing a legitimate thread. Secondly the TLE servers aren't broken, the classes are unbalanced because of changes that have occurred over the years that didn't exist at this point.

Maybe you are blind to these changes because you play the game in a little bubble by yourself. News Flash! It's an MMO. You are suppose to play the game with other people which means at some point you might start comparing your class to others. Swashbuckees have been vastly left behind with little or no acknowledgement from SOE amd now DBG.

Befuffs: as already stated, they were never able to make offensive debuts even remotely compare to defensive debuffs of Brigs. They either need to thoroughly rework these or scrap them all together.

DPS: Swash's have virtually no burst DPS. This is most evident on TLE right now. In pvp they pretty much cannot stand their ground against any class. They lack the burst to kill anything outright. I find in solo pvp it's either run or die. Add insult to injury when we look at how our counterpart Brigs are doing. And things will not get any better for Swash's in the long run, we already know this!

In terms of DPS I think Swash's would really benefit if we all admitted the class needs to be reworked from top to bottom. However and easy fix may be to look at not so much trying to maintain the definition of a rogue, but instead more of a hybrid between rogue and predator. They don't debug like brigs so make them DPS more like Assassins. Take their three major flanking/back attack abilities and x3 or even x4 the base damage. This wod greatly help the class where it is failing most, single target DPS. After that, we can reevaluate the class.
  6. Rockefeller New Member

Swash changes on BETA:
    Pirate's Fancy - Increased the damage granted to area effect abilities
    Thieving essence - Deals Increased damage and grants more ability modifier to the group.
    Shadow - Increases Physical Damage done to the target encounter
    Dagger Storm - Will deal more damage
    Marauder's Vaunt - Increased Final Ability Damage granted to group members.
    Double Cross - Increases Elemental Damage done to the target encounter

DEVS: While i appreciate the fact that you guys are finally looking at Swash's, and some of these changes will definitely help, virtually all of these changes are on abilities that Swash's on TLE won't see for several expansions. This does nothing to help Swash's currently on TLE. Some changes I would like to propose to Swash core abilities that would be very easy to implement:

Double-Cross: Currently it debuffs WIS and DEF. At one point in time debuffing these stats might have meant something, but as it stands now even in TLE, this ability is a complete waste. A good change, that would also be in line with a Swash's true role as a offensive debuffer would be to change this to debuff both Attack Speed and DPS. This would also make this ability relevant for both PVE and PVP.

Flash of Steel: Currently on TLE with the highest ability of this CA mastered it only debuffs DPS by a measly 35. A Brig can cripple a mob/players resists, however this amount of a debuff is hardly crippling to another player who is running around with 100-200+ DPS AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME!

Flamboyant Strike: Current highest tier mastered version in TLE only debuffs 145 INT for me. With mages running around with 700-900 INT in DoF, do you really think this will slow down a Necro or Conj from face-rolling a Swash? The debuff amount needs to be increased substantially. It would also be nice if we saw some more unique debuffs like debuffing player/mob Ability MOD (again also makes it relevant PVP)

Other ideas for adding debuffs to Swash core CAs (most of our debuffs are completely outdated):
    -Debuff: Crit, CB, POT. Ability Mod
    -Debuff AOE radius of mobs/players
    -Debuff auto attack damage
    -Disarm, temporarily preventing auto-attack damage

Lastly, Swash DPS:
    In BETA you guys have apparently added an across the board 30% increase to scout CAs. While this is still being debated, it hardly helps elevate Swash's out of the gutter when the increase is across the board. Swash's have some of the lowest hitting CAs. You are not helping us when you equally raise every other scouts damage. Swash's really need to see our base damage for our core CAs increased, particularly our single target damage CAs. I propose you evaluate increasing the flanking/rear ability by a much larger margin x2 or x3 the base damage.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Hold up. Do you only play a swash on TLE, or do you play them on standard as well? 30% across the board is a lot. My current unmodded rear/flanking attacks range anywhere from 24~38k at the expert level before modifications and certain procs going off. 7,200~11,400 would be the rough increase if it's a literal 30%. That puts most of my ST abilities roughly around those of an equivalent caster/priest. I'm not going to get started on the fact that a lot of your gripes seem PvP related; this game is not built around that so I am sticking to PvE facts.

TBH, all swash has really needed is utility adjustments, and some minor ST damage increases to cure the stigma that has existed amongst the community since around DoV, maybe a little before that. So far, the ToT beta changes are sounding extremely well-played for swashbuckler. We will never get the DoF glory days of standing nearly toe-to-toe with Assassins back; and honestly from a ST perspective we really don't want that.

We do NOT need the same damage as an Assassin, or hell, even our "sister class" Brigands. We need utility equivalent to our lack of damage, which we are getting (Though I agree with the debates from the core raiders, despite not being one myself, that these utility abilities may not be going far enough in terms of current encounters to warrant a swash replacing any other melee DPS) to an extent. Swashbuckler has always shined as the scout that takes on multiple targets, and cripples the remaining ones -- we have NEVER been parse toppers, and never will.

I do like some of your Debuff suggestions, though -- specifically the ones that are actually a threat to mobs, like WDB debuffs and Disarming (Players can still auto-attack while Disarmed, but for drastically reduced damage). We actually have some of these, either through AAs or prestige enhancements, however as you mentioned a lot of them are still outdated. As it is, a lot of our current debuffs are apparently getting age-proofed by being changed to percentile systems. Some abilities I really wish Devs would look at though, which are unique to Swashbuckler and not shared with Brigand, are Inspired Daring, Perfect Finesse, and that other useless self-buff we have (Name escapes me atm). Our Myth/ER buff is also drastically inferior to other classes; 911 damage unmodifiable with a 300/sec DoT that rarely procs is bad. 10% potency is 10% potency.

Swashbuckler is affected by a stigma partially based on ignorance; Beastlord is affected by a stigma mostly based on pure fact. We aren't a broken class, untouched since our initial release in any significant way. We just need a small boost that is not necessarily in damage numbers to hopefully cure that stigma XD.
    Ruckus likes this.
  8. Rockefeller New Member

I think you are the one that is lost here. ALL scouts are getting a 30% increase. This doesn't help elevate Swash's in respect to other scout classes because the increase is across the board.

[quote="I'm not going to get started on the fact that a lot of your gripes seem PvP related; this game is not built around that so I am sticking to PvE facts.[/quote]

Virtually all of my suggestions affect PVE and PVP equally which is actually a positive thing so again, i don't think you know what you are talking about...