[TLE] Paladin vs. Shadowknight

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Freak, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Freak New Member

I haven't played eq2 in years. I'm trying to choose a crusader to play. Please help with the questions below.

1) which one generates/holds the best threat? ST and AoE
    2) which one has the better mitigation ?
    3) which one solos better?
    4) which is better for MT? OT?
    5) which one has better group utility to offer?
  2. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

Ive played and raided/grouped on both in TLE

SKs, atleast untill consecrate comes out for AE then MAYYBE pally can hold better aggro.

Same

It depends, but usually pally can kill more targets, SK however is more efficient because of higher damage and FD.

Pally is a better MT imo, since they have amends, SK is a greater OT right now because you can use grave sacrament additional targets, and then a good MT can just snap the named back if it hits the named.

5) which one has better group utility to offer? Paladins imo, rez with 0% sickness, raid wide heal % increase as well as single target wards and heals are better than what SK offers to a raid over all imo.
  3. Krov Active Member

Time locked PVE perspective from a pal.

1) which one generates/holds the best threat? ST and AoE -
    Paladin either way . Amends on highest DPS or Aoe DPS agro is no longer a issue ever.
    Same , mitigation vs the two is gear based. Not class
    Pal can heal and do tougher encounters , Sk probably faster since there more dps based.
    Either can do the job
    Paladin .... we have the same utility as sk , but can heal the group.
  4. LordVeredeth Active Member

Paladin is better for single target aggro (amends). SK generates much more hate & is much better for AoE aggro.
    SK's DPS alone generates them more hate then a paladin putting amends on an AoE dps.

Shadowknight. Shadowknight @ lvl 50 gets a mitigation debuff that also siphons a large amount of mitigation for the SK.

Shadowknight. Currently Shadowknight can heal upwards of 350 heals per second while also doing 1-2m+ AoE dps.
    Paladin dps is VERY low.

Paladin. Paladin is the most tanky tank on TLE currently. They can heal spike damage quite well with their 2 big heals & all of their heals grant temporary boosts to max hp or mitigation.

Paladin. Paladins can heal the group for 10-13% (in pvp) & 15% or so in PvE every 9 seconds on a 0.5sec cast timer. They also have a 1min reuse 100% hp rez w/o sickness on a 1min reuse timer.
  5. Xateric Member

A couple of nights ago I tested my pally vs. my shadowknight, same level (21) and gear. On my shadow knight I pulled 3 ^^^ one level above me and killed them with 80% of my health left and 30% power left. Then I did it on my pally. Could not get the first one down by time I ran out of power and died.

Did Fallen Gate last night on my shadowknight with 2 dps'ers and NO healer, had no problems at all.