[TLE] Navigation map with Bells, ports etc

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ramoen, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Ramoen New Member

Hi there
    I could not find a map covering the bell network etc on Fallen Gate server, so i decided to make one.
    Maybe it can help other players too.

This is a work in progress and there is probably tons of errors or missing lines

I can use any feedback :)

/Ramoen Sunchaser

[IMG]
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might also consider that if you go to the Isle of Mara, you can buy stones that transport you instantly to Mara, Commonlands on the center of the south edge, Antonica by Firemyst, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, and Moors of Ykesha Overlook station.

If you can get to Mara, you're one hop away from TS or Nek, which gets you just about anywhere.
    adaria, Seefar, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

This is great! I started trying to make a flowchart connecting all of the various bells and ports, but couldn't get a good format. This is better than what I was doing. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Seefar, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Here is a trick, start Zek Island access quest (around 28?) -- helping captain Arbella.

Do the quest till you get to the Boat travel step.

Now you get access to this boat from any major city and leaving the boat put you in Thundering steppes, so in the Bell network.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The following may not be true for TLE, but I should point out that there are more locations on the bell network than you show. These include Fens, Jarsath, G.Faydark, Sinking Sands, Neriak & Timorous Deep. Also Mystic Lake is connected to Mara, not Tenebrous Tangle. And I don't see Great Divide and Eastern Wastes on there - but again, that could be because the map is TLE and I've no idea where the TLE server is up to ;). It's a great start though. :D
    Seefar, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

TLE is just up to TSO.
  7. DamnataAnimus Active Member

This is also a decent map I found on zam. Its not specifically for TLE but it appears to be correct for tle in that I don't notice any errors and I play on the tle server.

Saved me much frustration when i forgot how to get to kylong plains (extremely sad considering I've plyed eq2 off and on since it was new...

One thing to note however is the map includes sentinels fate zones too. But thats fine because we will be getting that expansion unlocked in a few weeks.

I cant wait to see how your map turns out!

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Ramoen New Member

Thanks for all the replies and comments, working on a new version.
    The difficult thing is often how to draw it in a easy way.

Eg. just realised that Isle of Mara is accessible from both Thundering Steppes AND nektulos, so trying to figure out how to move stuff around without having crossed lines :)

Also trying to think of a way to incorporate the boats, since they often go across my map

@Kalika: Thanks for the great tip. I will do that on all toons. since im often bound in the cities
    @DamnataAnimus: Thanks for the map. i saw a version of that, but i was confused since e.g. everfrost only seem to be connected to Thundering Steppes, even though you can reach that from 9 zones using Bell (my blue circle)
    @Flameweaver: Thanks for the error with Mystic Lake

/Ramoen
  9. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Ah yeah i never used the bell to get to everfrost im more a fan of sol eye/lavastorm at rthat level range though come to think of it I was able to use both 7the nek forest bell and ts to zone to lavstorm so yeah makes sense they'd also send you to everfost too!

And as for confusing you could always just use the little archs over other lines like the map i posted as personally i didnt find it confusing. I guess it depends on how youre planning to set it(the map) out in the final version really.
  10. Ramoen New Member

Hmm is there any way i can edit my original post ? cant see it...made a new version of the map
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  11. Ramoen New Member

New Version:
    [IMG]
    adaria and Dude like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

The option to edit posts disappears about 30 minutes after posting.
    Saw-Lau and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Nice map!
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Sinking Sands is also on the bell network and has a Druid ring, and also don't forget the airship between Sinking Sands and the Moors of Ykesha. (is that in TLE yet ?). You've also got Freeport and Qeynos disconnect from the bell network, they're kind of the main places on the World Bells. I know, from personal experience (professionally), that drawing these kinds of maps can be a PITA.

If you want a bit of advice, I'd suggest starting with a basic World Bell layout with all of the directly connected locations, traditionally have we Qeynos on the West and Freeport on the East, and place the others around the circle in their approximate geographically correct locations and work the other locations around them.

One other thing you might want to try is reducing the size of the squares, that will allow you to get more "real estate" on the page. Finally consider changing the page layout from portrait to landscape, same as the in game world map.

Hope this helps.
    Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't recall when SS got its druid ring. I haven't noticed it while on Fallen Gate, but then I wasn't specifically looking, either.

Yes, it came with TSO.

Fallen Gate is not yet to the point at which you could go direct from FP or Q to anywhere via bell. In Ye Olde Dayes, you had to go to Thundering Steppes or Nektulos Forest to go anywhere useful with a bell. Back then you could BUY a ship ride, if you'd done the access quest, but the last time I looked in Qeynos Harbor, the captain selling boat rides was not present. So for now on Fallen Gate, the cities really aren't part of the bell network yet.

Right now (for me at least) the fastest access to the bells that go places is to go overland to TS or Nek, travel from there by bell to Mara, then purchase a stack of Return to Mara stones. You can then use a stone anywhere to instantly port to Mara, which is one easy bell hop to TS or Nek. Mara also has portal stones that will take you to Antonica near Firemist Valley, Commonlands at the south center of the map, and Moors of Ykesha Overlook Balloon Station.
    Seefar, Saw-Lau, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I remember having to borrow the 60s fare for the boat ride as I didn't have the coin....oh, how times have changed!! :D
  17. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I take it then that Fast Travel is not a TLE feature either :eek:
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Correct. And when you are used to Fast Travel on the Live Servers, getting places on FG can be... really time consuming. Because lots of people have forgotten all the old ways to get places.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Get a leaping mount once you are 30, that will help a lot... as well as make the zone travel a bit less... boring *grins*
    Saw-Lau and Cyrrena like this.