[TLE] Leveling Crafting on a TLE Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! And you can also get the book o' recipes that the Good folks can get, too, right next to where the halfling guide gal for them usually stands; once you've finished either questline, you can just pick it up off the table, and from then on, can create your very own Simple Roll of Fabric, Simple Spinning Wheel, and Stack of [Fugly, Cracked] Coldain Plates! :)

What I usually do with that last is find a nicer looking plate/bowl/whatever to set into a fairly same-size bucket, on top of a fugly stack of fugly plates. They're basically like fiber in a diet: pretty much just filler. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I think this might be a known fact , but nobody really mentioned that at level 9 you can go and pick the group of trade skill you want to do like craftsman , scholar or outfitter and get a level boost to level 10. Than again at level 19 when you pick the trade skill you want to do and you will level up to level 20.
    There are no rush orders before level 20 true but you can do work orders beginning at level 15.
    You will have to make one item for each of the trade skills in your chosen group.
    you can do the New Hallas quests at level 10 but you will fail a lot but that does not matter , you will get lots of xp for each try. quests are there for both Freeport aliened or for those of Qeynos . If you have "good " and "evil" characters it's fun to see both sides. Make sure you got enough materials roots are hard to find in Frostfang Sea at least for any low level toons.
    Uwkete you are right there are roots dropping of bushes but only the rare kind.
    Another quest you can do to boost your crafting xp is that hungry Halfling on the doc of Thundering Steps.
    And once we get adorning , tinkering and transmuting there is the daily quests for those that give you lots of crafting xp.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Adding to this.

It's not just that you "can" go to the trainer at 9 and 19, you have to. You can't get to level 10 or 20 without going to the trainer. In fact doing any crafting after you hit 9 or 19 is a waste. As soon as you get to 9 or 19, go straight to the trainer to level up.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well if you are happy being a level 9 crafter you don't HAVE to go to the trainer ,
    but yes if you want to level up higher you do, what I meant to say is you can go to a trainer at level 9 and 19 ,you do not have to level up to level 10 and 20 before you do so never mind the fact that you could never get to level 10 or 20 without talking to a trainer no matter how hard you try .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Best places to go for early roots (Tier 1; best place for Tier 2 anything is The Commonlands) are basically Gorowyn and even The Nursery in Greater Faydark (way in the back, due North, by the ocean), even if you're Evil; even the Banker and General Goods seller/buyer there will talk to you, no matter what. ;->

You can also get all the various adventuring quests there, even if you're Evil; everyone will be nice and friendly (or is that desperate?) until you get to Kelethin. Even there, just stay off of the Royal Platform area and you should be okay, but the Bankers, Brokers, and merchants won't talk to you any more. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

remember Uwkete this post is for TLE servers traveling is very restricted that's why evil toons up to around level 14 should bring lots of roots , iron and wood can be harvested inside of New Hallas.
    It used to be you even had to bring a bunch of fuel because nobody wanted to sell stuff to Freebs , now you can buy stuff from any fuel merchant and even get writs.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's true; having not played on TLEs for quite some time (and that mainly on Stormhold for a lark and Fallen Gate because of the free Leaper mount), and not really having focused on crafting there, I just presumed it worked the same way. :oops:

Well, now I remember why I usually don't play on TLE servers; not much nostalgia. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't play on a TLE server for nostalgia but because it's more simple I don't have to worry about leveling 3 or 4 different things at the same time and keeping track of 5 other things.
    I just never was able to keep track of all the requirements.
    And lets face it most of the game on live is almost empty , overgrown by harvestables
    On a TLE server there are plenty of people to group with when needed .
    The crafting too is just dimple forward no reforging or other such techniques.
    No infusing and so on.
    on a TLE server even I can go raiding , the requirements on the regular servers would make it almost impossible to get in to such a raid group.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's weird; it seems like the live servers are mostly either folks like me, or folks rabidly into all the latest and greatest end game reqs. I don't mind a bit the various improvements that happened until probably...maybe Kunark Ascending? At any rate, once it started getting complicated, yeah. :-/

I don't Reforge; I don't Experiment; heck, I practically don't even Adorn unless I have a pile of Gems to do something with before they take over my inventory and bank space completely. I don't raid (barely group), I don't really have any desired rush to even get to the end game, and I really don't like the limitations of the TLE servers. :-/

So, I think I'll be happy until I actually have to do something beyond 100... ;->

Like, try and get my recipes. :(

Uwk
    Brightblade and Breanna like this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

Is it too much to hope that they never add that crap? It's already bad enough that individual stats are gone and they kept the +5 to Primary Stat ********. But if reforging never happens I'll be happy.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we did TLE servers for about 5 years now and they tried out different things to see what works for us so this is still a work in progress . We had one TLE ( Stormhold )where we got guild halls at the end .
    One TLE ( Fallen Gate ) we gad leapers from the beginning and once you published your house you could port there from almost anywhere.
    This last TLE (Kaladim ) is so far the simplest no houses to port to no leapers .
    But most important not even FG which got all the way to DoV did we ever get anything more complicated than tinkering or adoring .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I. LOVED. The free leaper mounts (starting at 10th! :D) that everyone could get, account-wide; not so keen on the extremely short deadline to achieve them (had to buy two XP potions from the Marketplace to do so; I'm sure that never crossed the bean-counters' minds ;->). Houses to port to is brilliant. :)

I'm not sure when the crazy complicated math started showing up, which expansion, where you now have to have at least a Master's in the subject to make a "proper" toon, but whenever that was, it marked the end of my eagerness to get my "oldest" toons up to max level to participate until everyone else managed to figure it out. :-/

If they just stop a TLE from progressing before it gets to that point, I'd be more eager to join one of those servers. ;->

Uwk
    who also misses the days when all the stats/abilities/whatevers counted for something, and not just the primary stat and Stamina (and who doesn't have a lot of toons past ToT yet) :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  13. BaldNinja Member

Question.
    I have the bottle for shipwrecked. I activate spell, the animation happens. But I do not teleport. I cant figure it out. I am level 33 tradeskill, lvl 27 adv. I had deleted it before to make room in journal, now wont work.
  14. Hydraulics Member

I don't believe the shipwrecked quest line will be active until TSO.
  15. BaldNinja Member

well good lord, if that didnt have my fuzzed out brain in a tizzy lol thanks !

I didnt start eq2 until like 7 years ago, with large gaps of play.
    so, im still learning a lot, especially now with the TLE setup.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

Can anyone confirm the status of rare harvested provisioning items at Launch? Dreadberry's etc.

Sure would be nice to not feel like the proverbial red headed step child as a Provisioner
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

There were elixia peppers and other rare harvest at the start of every TLE so far. Don't see any reason to expect that to change.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I often have to wonder about that myself; why else would they "take pity" on us for fuel costs (at least until like Tier 8 or 9 or whatever, when Kindling starts costing the same as any other fuel) and refuse to have our recipes make more than 1-2 per build until we got the expac that had the Master books for each Tier (and to whomever came up with that idea: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D)? Asking on behalf of my Provie alts, of course... ;->

I mean, if you look at it, our Food/Drink is like Potions or Ammo: consumable, literally, and doing us good (especially the Mastercrafted stuff; that's better than anything we can get for free, even at the higher levels :D), so why risk Carpal Tunnel Syndrome making a stack of 20 ordinary Food/Drink, when a Woodworker or Alchemist can do at least that in one go? :(

As it is, I really don't even bother making any Food/Drink that doesn't have the Mastercrafted tag; that stuff is awesome, and if the fates are kind, we might actually be able to find enough rares to cover all our alts. :-/

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
  19. Liliun Member

Rares are in from the start, though it never fails that I seem to get the lower tier rare harvestables more often than the top tier for the current content. Still, even lower tier rare food & drink seem to sell relatively well since the boosts are still so much better than normal food & drink.
  20. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

I was really wondering because I have been running some test characters to get back in the swing of things, and with over 500 T1 & T2 rare harvested, I have not harvested a single rare food item. They are very rare it seems, and I am a clear cut harvester; happy to harvest for hours at a time.