[TLE] Leveling Crafting on a TLE Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've never called it that nor heard of it (well, okay, read ;->) described that way; I always just call it Rush Writs (or rush writs, depending on how formal I'm feeling). ;->

And FYI: 'nip cocktails are shaken, not stirred, then the 'nip itself is muddled in a separate container just before the rest is poured in over it. Nom! :D

Uwk
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Note that you can make 2 charms and that the charm quest is not available in every zone, as example this quest was not offered in Kelethin nursery.

On Stormhold the xp malus was so massive that the crafting questline asked you to create items almost impossible to do, and as Atan mentioned i crafted the first bar of a random subset of the items i knew just to for the discovery xp.

It also seems that crafting in Timourous depth grants you a massive xp bonus, it's impression but my paladin crafting quest are all green. I suggest you to try a rush order there and another outside RoK to compare. My paladin got to level 9 when he was given the level 5 recipe book.

From 10-20 the quests are in Halas, if you good you repair misdeeds that your perform if you are evil (Tami versus the Inkie).

The crafting quest time line will provide you with almost free advanced books for levels 1-39, 40-49 is truly horrible since only one book can be quested (esp. for sages, alchemist and jewelers) , for 50-59 you may get free books with majdul factions
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Aeii New Member

Serious question. What is TLE? I been through a few forum posts and yet to find out what is going on. This is why I usually spend about an hour every couple years trying to get into EQ2 again and just am so overwelmed on how to just Start. Have like 3 level 100 characters and not zoned from any of the flashy glowy spots i was spawned at... Would be helpful if people trying to be helpful defined things like TLE
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It stands for "Time-Locked Expansion". We have one TLE server at the moment, Fallen Gate. The deal with TLE is that they start with the game more-or-less where it was at launch, with level 1-50 content. About every 12 weeks, a new expansion is added. Currently, FG is up to The Shadow Odyssey, which is level 80. To play on a TLE server, you must be a subscriber.
  5. TechUp Active Member

TLE = Time Locked Experience.

Fallen Gate is a TLE server for all access members that is gated at 12 weeks per expansion. Sentinel's Fate expac just unlocked on 12/4 so the current level cap is set to 90 with 250aa. There are no mercenaries or guild halls or Veteran rewards.

I started playing on it a few weeks ago and so far have been enjoying for the most part. Leveling isn't as fast as it is on Live but I'm okay with that.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I will say one thing about the TLE servers (there used to be another one as well, Stormhold): I only created a couple of toons on Fallen Gate to get the free across-the-board Leaper mount by getting to 10th level before a certain date (and had to spend quite a few $$$ on the Marketplace to buy XP potions, because gods forbid, I'm only a "casual player" and apparently anathema to the Powers; "isn't as fast as it is on Live" is an understatement :-/) and haven't really played them since, because apparently the TLEs exist to remind players just how non-nostalgic people can get. ;->

Don't get me wrong; there's quite a lot in the latest/greatest most recent couple of expansions that I don't appreciate, but for the most part, I like the innovations; always have. ;->

Imho, if they were gonna send us all the way back to the bloody beginning ("World Transport Bells? Have you gone mad?!"), they could have at least given us back our suburbs. No, the Guild Halls didn't kill them; yes, we use the Halls for banking and brokering (those of us who are guild members, which does not include everyone, even back then), but we have Broker Anywhere access, Mail Anywhere access (wish we could have Bank Anywhere access, even a tinkered A.T.M. with charges), etc., and mailboxes and brokers everywhere even for non-Members, and Guild Halls never had living quarters, which was one of the main points of the suburbs. Another main point was that the suburbs were specific cultural bits of coolness, making the various races feel comfortable and special, but now we go back in only to slaughter our former friends and neighbors. Why appeal to people's nostalgia that way? If the concept of "separate but equal, Little Kelethin/etc. neighborhoods" bothers people, why the violence -- hmm... :-/

If the Powers actually messed up technically when they did their "We finally got it: people don't want to have to zone 87 times to get from one end of the city to the other! :confused:" revamp (which I suspect far more than the "No one wanted them around any more, and it's all the Guild Halls' fault!" bit), why not just have the racial reps hand out the racial quests to their lowbees and kick them out to Antonica/The Commonlands and completely eliminate the suburbs entirely, in all the various realms? And since we don't have Guild Halls yet in TLE, why NOT have the 'burbs back, at least until they get to the point when the Halls do come in (but, what would be the rationale behind that...come to think of it, what was the rationale behind the "kill everyone, don't live there any more" bit in game? Was it something the amoral Guild Hall contractors did, even to the Freeport suburbs? Were they from Haven, is that why everyone despises someone who wants to go a third way?)? Could it be they don't have the technical chops to do so? ;->

On the other hand, we could've had ... subcombines ... back, so I guess I should be thankful for small favors. :eek:

Uwk
    who bailed on Stormhold even before it sunset, but yay for free Transfer Tokens ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I loved the suburbs I grew up in Nettleville, and I miss it. I do think though I am one of the few people maybe the only person who misses subcombines. I used to love mass producing the stuff on everyone and then make whatever it was I was making. I had so much oil and stuff left over when they stopped, of course it did open up some much needed bank slots.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and Lera...sub-combines are still a thing on EQ2Furniture.com. ;->

Uwk
    who really, really detested early crafting...yet one more thing to not be nostalgic about :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sethisto New Member

I notice trying to craft food/drink is a nightmare (takes forever and fails easily) but furniture is stupidly easy and takes only a few seconds. Any reason for this? All my skills are maxed, so it can't be that. I want to make a ton of food and drink for leveling while simultaneously leveling crafting but it's a pain in the *** compared to just building a few tables.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's just RNG. The sewing table hates me, it seems :p
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed about the RNG and crafting: it seems to be forgiving to lowbees and anyone over 20, but DETESTS anyone between, say, 11-12 and up to 19, when you can legitimately choose your ultimate specialty (and insta-blip to 20th). Then it shuts up and leaves you alone, or at least doesn't penalize you as heavily, just because. :-/

It also could depend on your specialty: if you're not a Craftsman->Provie, if you're like an Outfitter or, the gods forbid, a Scholar, you're gonna be slogging while trying to craft food/drink. (digression/ There was a time when all the holiday crafting called for everything to be done by Geo-whatever, so it didn't matter what your actual crafting specialty was. That seems to have changed recently, which sucks, big time. /end_digression) Even if you are a Craftsman, like a Carpenter, you will be slogging more outside your specialty than within it. :-/

Uwk
    who always tries to have at least 9 toons on each regular Gold server, for just such occasions (having all the crafting bases covered)
    Siren, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with the fact that the skills get replaced every tier, and both sets (+progress and +durability) are the worst they ever get through the teens, from a cost/benefit standpoint.

I think there's probably other voodoo going on too, but obviously we can't see any of those numbers or calculations.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Let's hope you're right and that it's not actually a deliberate plot to discourage us. ;->

Uwk
    who now only has to wonder about why the pre-Tier 7 recipes are apparently so dang slow to finish (those that brought that up earlier are right! there is something there)...or is that Tier 8... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

I'm trying to level my tailor on Kaladim. It's a slow process. Mostly because of roots. I hate roots now.

Anyone know the best non-agro areas for a lower adventurer to harvest T5? So far, the best I've found is the Everfrost bitterwind trench - or whatever it's called. No agro at all - but not a ton of nodes either. I've ventured a little deeper, and while the agro is few and far between - it is there, and the agro mobs look a lot like the non agro mobs - so it's dicey.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are other areas, but in order to get to them, it can be a bit dicey if there isn't a horse transport system (and they all seem filled to the armpits with aggros :-/); I think the colonists' area up to the northeast (I think it's The Ruined Homestead) isn't too bad, but it's been awhile since I've gathered there.

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Bekkr Well-Known Member

SO many problems would just go away completely if they could add roots to the shrub loot tables.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, they do have them there, or at least used to. :(

Granted, you never got a lot, but it was nice to be able to count on. :-/

Uwk
  18. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I think you may be misremembering. Unless it was very early on, roots haven't been harvested from shrubs that I know of. Wiki only goes back to August 2007 but they aren't listed there either. Unless you're thinking of rares, which aren't the problem currently.

If I pull a rare off a root node I consider it a wasted harvest at this point!

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Bush_Nodes?oldid=137504
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

I pretty much camped EF today and then bought another 400 roots... I started off with almost 800 roots and I'm lvl 46 now. I don't think I have enough left to finish the tier (I'm at 375). I did break down and buy a vitality potion (and already had an xp potion) to lessen the burden on roots....

Hoping for 50 tonight :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Trebluc New Member

Didn't see this addressed anywhere else (sorry if I missed it), but can Evil characters on Kaladim do the 10 - 19 crafting quests in Frostfang Sea? Found the way to get there from Antonica docks, but the NPC to start the quests appears to be missing from the area. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. had the wrong waypoint for the NPC. LOL!
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.