[TLE] Leveling Crafting on a TLE Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Jul 7, 2017.

1. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Your guesses are right, rush writs don't start until 20. It was the normal ones, and at the low level you can only get a level 15 writ until level 20, so even at 18 I'm making blue items from a level 15 writ. Also, the potion is one of the generic "from the store" ones and does indeed cover all forms of XP earning, including crafting.
    Nonetheless, even if the potion were not working, earning 5XP for a combine and 40ish for a quest makes NO sense when you have to earn 3800XP for the next level. I hope Bekkr's right and it was broken; I'm about to log in and try again.

*edit*
    And I can confirm that Bekkr was right, and I'm now getting (with the various bonuses deducted out) 45XP for each blue combine, and ~675XP for the writ.
    Thanks, folks! Looks like it was a bug that has now been squished. :)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank heavens! Worst bugs ever when they mess with the XP (especially crafting). :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your information. I started after the time fallen gate is at, so I was wondering how much different the crafting would be.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

don't know if it's been mentioned ITT yet, but in the Temple of War in Freeport there is a cross-shaped headstone thing in a back room that when clicked will instantly make you tradeskill level 3, and it gives a scroll that when read autocompletes a quest to give you additional tradeskill XP (half a level at lvl 3 with vitality).
  5. Nuhvohk Active Member

also forgot, you can do the "If I had a Hammer" quest once for each city. Obviously if you're evil you can't get into Oakmyst to do the one there, but good characters, if careful, can do all 4 (Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak and Frostfang).
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Neriak?? Is that out in Darklight Woods, or actually in the city? :-/

And Evils can, I think, get the one in New Halas and possibly even Kelethin, though I'm not sure about the latter.

Oh no, wait, are those zones open yet? :-/

Uwk
  7. Tominator Member

Just hit T6 crafting. It's been a long time since I've been here (10+ years maybe?) but I vaguely remember something about special recipes/scrolls starting in crafting T6/l50.

Help me remember! Do advanced recipe books still drop for T6 & beyond? And what about the 'special' recipes I'm remembering? Is there anything else I should know heading into T6 crafting and beyond on TLE?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! Yeah! Well, er, a lot of them, if not the grand majority, are in/on the Isle of Mara, which may or may not be open yet. :-/

If it is, you're in luck. :)

Even Zam has a pretty decent write-up on the area. :)

Uwk
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

While all of the recipes for DoF do happen as drops its far easier to collect tokens and join 1 of the 3 factions in Maj'Dul to buy the recipes from a court vendor. Not only will the court vendor have the advanced books, but they will also have the special recipes for 52/54/58 spell and other craftables that are suppose to be the unique touch for that expansion. Most of those spells don't get replacements for a lot of tiers.

While Mara has a lot of crafting quests, I don't remember there being very much in the way of recipes from there. Its like harvesting cloak/quests, harvesting bag, and maybe 1 book of fluff recipes if I remember correctly? The Far Seas crafting instances may or may not be accessable. I wouldn't be suprised if dev perma-killed the NPCs involved since its technically content that came with the Shadow Odyssey.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Erg...do all of the Maj'Dul city factions have the same recipes available? I know there are things that are unique to each, but it's gonna be a massive PitA to try to get faction with all of them if the recipes aren't the same.

Though it can be done... ;->

Uwk
    who wonders: does the "fourth faction" there offer anything?
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are no faction specific recipes. Just farm enough tokens to join 1 faction. I seem to remember the recipes are heirloom as well so you really only have to do it once.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

Oh, and I don't think its possible to join the court of shadows.
  13. Quibbler New Member

regarding "A Gathering Obsession", i got through it all the way to part 6, part 7 however is kind of tough since it need Kunark which is not on FG yet, and will not be for several months...actually I have a couple other quests that I have had to put aside until then.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the epic failure way to raise your crafting that atan mentioned works... unless you're a provie(you always make something after the first bar basically) for all crafts(and non-arrow/thrown weapons for woodworker r/os) at all levels. it will return most of what you used, especially with AAs now, just wait till the 2nd or 3rd bar to fail. you get the xp and not use fuels which cost a pretty penny by 60, it's actually harder to fail now because of the AAs. you can also take the 0 R/Os, 20, 30, 40 etc and just complete those for the 10 levels to save yourself a bit of a headache, a little slower as the xp of course diminishes and combine the two techniques if you're broke.

also that bottomless pit on the TS docks gives tradeskill XP for feeding his gullet.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He does?? Or is that just on the TLE servers? :eek:

Uwk
    wondering: what are "R/Os"? o_O
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

not sure for how long, but both live and TLE.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! I never noticed! Ya learn somethin' new every day... ;)

What are R/Os?

Uwk
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

well get your nose out of the nip, i keep telling you...
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Duly chastened. ;) Still doesn't explain what R/Os are. :D

Uwk
    Pixistik likes this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

rush orders silly, you're drinking catnip cocktails aren't you?
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.