[TLE] How do scouts pick weapons now?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jun 23, 2017.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I'm honestly a newb. I only ever played scout, but ever since auto attack has been made rather weak I have a hard time understanding what weapons to choose. This is on the Stormhold server.

Can someone tell me out of these 4 which would be the best combo so I in the future can make decent adjustments when it comes to picking out gear in EQ2 anno 2017? In the old days you would just pick the weapon with the highest rating, but today? I'm lost.

[IMG]
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Would suggest the Vasty matriarch for the casting speed, and the rapier purely for having the best stats.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

Chose the ones with best stats (pot/cb), crit chance, ab modifier and so on.

I don't how procs work in SH, if they get stronger with your stats ? But anyway scouts (and fighters) are melee casters, so u aim for anything increading your CAs
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

Please excuse my jump on this. I try to figure out how to play my dirge. I read what I could find on guides, but most of them are vastly outdated, so i'd be thankful for help. They state however, that as a dirge I should focus on Auto Attack, get a 4.0 second weapon set and concentrate on dps, crit, multi and speed. Is that still true?

I have the same problem, not only choosing weapons but every gear. Ah, I'm not playing the actual content, but still the stuff below. I was told that with KA everything changes profoundly again. *Sigh*
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

u take high speed weapons for procs, not damage of the weapon.

you'll get most damage from spells and CAs
  6. Airvh Active Member

Use the rapier weapon ONLY if you turn alt models off and play as a small human with the curly mustache.
    Use the sword ONLY if your a swashbuckler.
    Use those daggers since a scout can't go wrong with daggers.