[TLE] [FG] Best place to xp grind upper 40s?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Scott4323, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Scott4323 Active Member

Where do ya go at 46+ I hate CT with a passion done it too many times

Permafrost?
    Lower levels of OOLS?
    Soul Eye require 50 or can I go 46?
    Better place not mentioned yet?
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You can do any of the zones you just listed at level 46 with a group.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

The broker..complete collections till you are 50!
    Dude likes this.
  4. jessejames Active Member

IMO at upper 40s it should go Sol Eye > PF > OOLS > CT

CT is the easiest place to get a group and can be decent XP if you are with people around your level and mow down mobs. Wouldn't want a 40 tank and healer because you'd be single pulling. It doesn't seem like many people do Sol eye XP groups but you can try to start one or tag along with a dragon rune run or naggy run. Doing a PF rune run group would work too but you'd spend more time in Sol eye.

Sometimes you gotta take what you can get. I'm totally against solo'ing for XP but the barrel quests in everfrost are good solo XP at late 40s. I got my last half of 49 there in no time.
  5. jessejames Active Member

Either you are broke and can't afford them or if you could you probably did most of them already, lol
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

The Statue series in PF is great XP and decent coin.
    OOLS does not have good enough densisty at lower levels to be good XP, it's a loot farm zone.
    SE is good if you know where to farm. The Goblin / Spider area down the elevator near the entrance is great.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

crawler's nest in splitpaw is good xp... but if you are bored of CT, I don't think you will enjoy doing CN over and over purely for xp, and getting a pug to go where everyone has access to the den and no one has to mentor is probably impossible.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah SP, is actually decent. I got my defiler 49 to 50 there in right at 1 hour, but the challenges of finding like minded, flagged individuals is high.

Uncontested high density of 50-52 mobs makes for good xp.
  9. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Upper CT between the pyramids all the way to 50, if you can have it to yourself.

Tanks pulls everything, the rest of the party doesn't even have to move.
  10. Greene Active Member

This is what quickly got me through 49. It also helped that I was a channeler and with my barrier spell (absorbs 50 small hits, not OP at all!) the tank would pull so many encounters my screen would lag. Sure they were green/blue, but man stuff died quick, and there was a lot of it.

Buying a cheapo 2 hour 50% exp pot with your included 500DBC is worth it if you have a good group, it sets the exp gain to just below what it should probably be by default :p
  11. Kindread Active Member

This is what I did on SH, and ran around up here once so far for a group in my upper 40s on FG.

The problem with this is that most groups want to kill harder mobs, or just named camp, they see a full group killing blues as a waste of time, when actually it's easily the best XP you can get, assuming you have a decent AoE tank.

With a full upper 40s group you can do the same thing in the lower parts of CT also, pull 2 rooms at a time and just AoE them all down at once, bring an SK and a Warlock (or any other DPS class with blue AoEs). XP will flow in very quickly.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

This is what I have noticed is the biggest failure in "XP" groups, they spend to much time running to get named mobs.
    Ceyllynn, Kindread and jessejames like this.
  13. jessejames Active Member

just to get crappy loot that you'll outgrow in a few days
  14. Kindread Active Member

SE is great XP @ 46. Pick up all the quests and just run around the top levels. I tanked the bottom all the way to Naggy's lair at 47 with a single healer (who to his credit was pretty darn good). So I would say SE is very viable pre level 50.

Also, even though you are sick of CT, if you have not done the quests there (a surprising # of people skip them) they are a great source of XP! There are like 10 of them, and each one gives you about 5% xp, which is great to get while in a grind group.

I took a full group that had never been there through and did ALL the quests, even the Screaming Mace HQ, it took us about 2-3 hours and each person got about 2 full levels. It was crazy good. You can do kinda the same thing in SE, there are quite a few quests there that you can get done by just clearing everything and exploring.

In Permafrost that one big room with all the statues that give the quests is also a great source of XP, and there are usually a lot of people that have never done them, so forming a group to go through them all should be pretty easy if you explain to people how good the XP is ... just make sure everyone is at least 42-44+.

TLDR: Do all the quests in each dungeon at 40+, it's worth it.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

you mean like end-game masters?
  16. jessejames Active Member

first I meant XP groups in general, second masters aren't what they used to be when you can get grandmasters, 3rd I don't remember the last time i got my own master in a group, 4th In an XP group I'd rather get XP considering the low amounts most masters sell for. If a name happens to be there kill it but not worth going out of your way for.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

He was commenting on my post about how many groups like to go out of there way to pick off named mobs and skip trash. It is really simple; if you advertise as an XP group, XP needs to be your #1 focus. Especially if you have people using pots.

Ceyllynn and jessejames like this.
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

There are this obsession with killing named mobs on this server for reasons I still haven't figured out. In 9 out of 10 cases its a predator seeing one on track and it MUST simply DIE or they throw a fit. While its nice seeing a drop once in a while, the game is already so easy its not really needed.

You are way better of killing blue and green mobs than sprinting across the map for a named that drops a single master.
    Ceyllynn and Draknox like this.
  19. Scott4323 Active Member

Just revisiting to share my experience the last ten levels.

CT was the only way to go, nothing else seemed superior.

Killing the grouped heroic encounters was by far the fastest way to xp.

Most people hate permafrost and wouldn't run it with me
    Most wouldn't go to Sol eye since I wasn't lvl 50 (I'm a guardian so I can't really offer much if I die quick, in their defense)
    Yes, there was great obsession with most for the names even though they never dropped anything worth it
    Yes, there was moderate resistance to group with me once I hit 48+, asked to mentor and when I said no they'd leave

-Radius
  20. Scott4323 Active Member

Btw cause the horse isn't quite dead yet-The xp grind on FG is miserable imo.

don't think I would have invested the time and money to make 50 on FG if I could do it all again knowing what I know now.

FG definitely will be my last hurrah for eq2.