[TLE] Fallen Gate Tradeskilling?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Perrigrin, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

So am I reading the FAQ properly, in that tradeskilling on the new Fallen Gate server "will look similar to how it did at launch" to mean that to make an item we need a couple different tradeskills? I.E. to make an arrow you need to refine your lumber into dowel rods, then have a metal worker make arrowheads, leather worker to make leather string, etc.?
  2. Loresinger Active Member

I'm pretty sure that's not how it was on beta. I guess they could sneak it in, but I think they probably just mean the exp rates will be similar?
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I believe the implication was no Tradeskill Apprentices or use of the Fabled Reactants.

It should be quite similar, if not exactly like it is on Stormhold.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Also no tinkering or adorning.
  5. Fiahla New Member

I was actually really excited when I saw them announce it would be similar to launch, but my hubby said don't get your hopes up, haha. Maybe the people still working for the game don't realize how different the tradeskills were at launch. I'm guessing those who say it just means basically tougher xp and no apprentices are correct. Too bad, because I used to love the community building of the original system.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Per a red name in Discord (sorry, don't remember which one) there will not be subcombines in FG tradeskilling.
    Perrigrin and Simparri like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Hehe, in my experience the only people who really loved the old old system of crafting were alchemists. For me, old crafting can stay dead and buried.

I'm pretty sure at least some of the devs working at Daybreak now were the same devs from launch.
    Simparri likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I, for one, am glad that on a server where folks will be struggling a bit*, that there are no subcombines. :)

*At launch of the server there will be no apprentices; no tinkering, transmuting or adorning; no Qho line; no Raffik line; no ability to buy your level 20+ advanced books (the level 20 line requires EoF for access to Butcherblock.); no guild halls; no harvest depots. There will never be a veteran bonus and vitality will be painful for the die-hard crafter.

From a technical standpoint, I imagine it would be a massive code nightmare to try to re-implement that old faulty crafting system just so they could implement it on a single server, and they just don't have the manpower. From a game-play standpoint, I think reverting back to that old subcombine system would scare off considerably more players than it would lure in. Reinventing the wheel is one thing, having to first invent all the tools and materials before you can invent the wheel is another. ;D
    Mensa, Blazen, Simparri and 3 others like this.
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

Something you have to remember about the subcombine days: it took half an hour to make anything. Most items took 3 tier 3 subcombines that each took 3 tier 2 subcombines to manufacture that each used 3 tier 1 subcombines to manufacture. Food was an exception, but if you wanted the "good stuff" you needed the lesser food you've already made to make better duration and stat food plus store bough ingredients as well as harvests. The steps were 5 min food -> 30 min food -> 1h 30 min food -> 2h 30 min food -> 5h food. And that was to make 2 food!

Also you got more experience based on the tier of the combine. Alchemists would spend hours grinding out WORTS (the lowest tier material) for less xp than a sage would get from making 1 spell.

So anyone who wants subcombines? No thanks. I don't bot and I don't love crafting so much that I want to spend 3 hours making subcomponents so I can make 20 of anything.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

ONE food! Provisioner was my first crafter at launch and it was years before we got 2 items per combine. Making a stack trailmix was torturous.
    Simparri likes this.
  11. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Thank the gods!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Goldheart Member

How do evil 10-19 crafters get to Frostfang Sea for apprentice tasks on Fallen Gate? FS does not show up on travel bell maps.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You run across the world. The Commonlands (you can take the griffin) --> Nek Forest --> Thundering Steppes --> Antonica (take griffin again) --> Antonica dock --> Frostfang Sea.
    Lateana, Shmogre and Sigrdrifa like this.