TLE Economy

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Albertine, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Albertine Member

So how do you think a time lock economy works compared to an old OG server? Does restricting the content stabilize the flow of goods? Is there less 'inflation' or whatever we could call it? Do items generally cost more, less, or the same? Is it more worthwhile to sell crafted items, or collectibles? What's a good way to make money at the lower levels?
  2. Drekevec New Member

Sell EVERYTHING!!!
  3. Kyrk New Member

The economy will be fresh and it will be very worthwhile to sell things like collectables, crafted gear, looted items etc. It will take awhile to make your first plat and no one will have 200k pp in the bank.
    Albertine likes this.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

It really depends on how long it takes to find the first cash exploit. Once that happens the overall economy is going to explode. Until then you'll slowly crawl from gold being the standard trade coin to plat after a few months. In the first few weeks silver should actually be a big deal.

Almost all of the cash in game is generated from quests and loot drops. The easiest way to get a lot of cash is to broker things people want to buy, since you can do that in a reasonable amount of time. Farming trash mobs for loot drops is best left to bots.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

And it makes tradeskills a real earning option once more, as people have completely nothing (*cough* trousers!) and absolutely everything is in need. And crafters will duel for harvesting nodes ;)
    (I once cought myself running first to the roots, although there was a shiny nearby. Had to do something like a "full file check" on my mental inventory afterwards by hitting my head on the table a few times.)