[TLE] Druid Portal vs Mage Portal Question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tru of Guk, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Tru of Guk Member

Why can you cast a mage portal and use it to zone to the spire in same zone but you are not able to cast a druid portal and use it to go to the ring in the same zone?
    Is this a bug or working as intended?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're trying to use it as a ghetto evac, lol.
  3. Tru of Guk Member

who the warlock or the warden? I'm just curious why my warlock can stand at the nqeynos gate and basically take a group to antonica wiz spire but my warden can't take my group to the druid ring? I do appreciate your valuable feedback though.
  4. Antisocial Member

Or perhaps he doesn't want to run across a zone when its unnecessary. After all, we've seen the terrain plenty.
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hmm, not near my system right now, but, I could bet the farm on being able to use my druid portal in same zone. I mainly use the portal when in Kunark.
    On the other hand the farm could be in danger. I'll check out when I get back to a RL playable zone. Hopefully another player will be able to check it out for you sooner.
    Good question.
  6. Naroc Active Member

OP is correct. It's been this way since the portals were added. Really never made any sense why one works and the other doesn't.
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

8. Calbiyum Active Member

A better question is why do they work on TLE. I'm a druid and love my portal but complaining you can't use it in same zone uhmmm b hapy wit wut u hav
  9. Tru of Guk Member

Your missing the point...why does one arch-type work in the same zone and not the other? maybe there is some lore type thing to it? I don't know. Be happy with what I have? I am happy with all the characters I have at each tier. I am just wondering whether something got overlooked, is bugged or is working as intended?
  10. Kristabella Well-Known Member

It's not a point about being "happy with what you have"... There are two portals one druid one wizard and they should BOTH function the same. Either allow druids to port within the same zone, or disallow wizards to not be able to port within the same zone. Also, my guildmate, a wizzy, can open a portal and if there is more than one zone avail, let's say in enchanted lands, he can right click and choose which instance of EL he wants 1 or 2 . Me on the other hand with a druid portal, cannot right click and choose, you click and go, and you end up back at the druid ring. While when my wizzy friend is in the news zone in the same spot he left the other one from , and not back at the spires...

So, I don't care which you do, disallow it on both, or allow it on both, they should both be the same.
    Moonpanther likes this.