[TLE] Does Class + Tradeskill combination ever matter?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dartan, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Dartan New Member

I made a Troubador/Sage thinking I would never play the Troubador and made spells for my main, which is a Illusionist/Jeweler. Starting to like Troubador and thinking about taking it to 50 eventually.

I haven't played past Shattered Lands so I don't know if there's any impact on these choices. I know I can respec but I'm already lvl 30 with some time put in so don't want to invest any further if it's a bad idea.

Thoughts?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It only matters in the sense of making things your toon can use.
    Deveryn likes this.
  3. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

There are racical benefits available to crafters based on race. That is the only thing I can think of, but I race does not have a significant effect on tradeskilling.

Some races get bonuses to certain professions. Ratongas get + to alchy and carpentry for example.

I believe most folks would not use any skill (not sure what they are called) points on these abilities though.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Any adventure class that passively generates power has an advantage in crafting, especially in long crafting sessions.

Every ranger should be a woodworker. It honestly is just too convenient.

Poison users should get an alchemist. If you aren't a ranger, it should be your scout.

Bards don't really benefit a lot from being any particular crafting class. Sage is fine. If you were thinking about a consumable producing class for Bards I'd suggest provisioner if you don't have one already.

The only crafting class I steer people away from is Weaponsmith. Simply put dropped legendary weapons are better and easy to come by. No amount of stat improvement makes up for a loss in base damage which only improves with tier of the weapon.

Sages are only a benefit to mages, priests and aspiring authors. Also you only need spells made once. Sages are better than Armorers in that armorers can at most make 7 pieces of gear for you per tier, while a Sage will eventually provide 30 spells per tier for the average class.
    Deveryn likes this.
  5. Grymmstone Member

At least your Illusionist can return the favor by making your Scout Runes.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

In the long run it doesn't matter. I sort of paid attention to it at first but then stopped. The benefits you get from matching the race/class/crafting become irrelevant over time and aren't worth starting over.
  7. Zenakh New Member

Sarnak/Iksar need to use illusion items to be able to get crafting quests from certain Kunark factions. Mask of the deciever and most illusions/disguises that mimic player races work, but if you don't plan on having the right class or putting a fair amount of adventure experience into a Sarnek/Iksar, things get problematic.

classes that receive stealth/invis/feigndeath/evac/teleports, especially at earlier levels, help a lot. Movement speed buffs help, but the boost becomes less relevant quickly.

But that is just assuming you are making a crafting main. If you are making a crafter that focuses chiefly on adventuring, sync the craft to the adventure profession.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Being able to fly at low levels is a benefit for adventurers. Leveling yourself to 95 crafting is easier than leveling yourself to 95 adventuring. So keeping the levels even isn't really a goal in my mind. Also with the crafting rewards starting in Cobalt Scar they come with a huge amount of stamina on them. Compared to low level adventuring gear the hand of the maker, artisan's gi (crafted), and ring from AoM are good adventuring gear until somewhere in the 80s, maybe even all the way to 90.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

TLE = lvl 50 cap