[TLE] Defiller ...slow

Discussion in 'Priests' started by trixster, Aug 8, 2015.

1. trixster Active Member

I'm locked into this class for guild but i'm just curious if it gets better. I really cant kill anything ^ ^^ ^^^ for the most part at 20 solo. The regular kills at level feel like they take forever. Am I most likely doing something wrong or is that just how healer works... group or grind very very slowly?
  2. Conmonnn Member

it really depends on how you spend your AA points. but over all as a defiler kills are going to be pretty slow no matter what at the lower levels
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

There is no AA points on TLE
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I'm sry to confirm your fears but it isn't going to get better on defiler, it's probably the slowest class in the game. If guild wants you to play defiler then guild should help you lvl cuz it's a pain solo.
    Trakka, Mermut and trixster like this.
  5. trixster Active Member

They probably will I solo a lot. Watch stuff on hulu/prime/netflix and grind. Doesnt seem to go well with dungeon groups running in huge loops.
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Defiler is very slow and very sturdy as long as you don't run out of power. I agree if you aren't keen on being a defiler but your guild is requesting it, they should be willing to help you level.

The best way to level is dungeon groups. It is ten times faster than solo. If nothing else you can put up your /LFG tag while you solo and there is a good chance of getting a tell for a group.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Both Defilers and Templars are slow ...which is why you want to group. If you have the right class mix, you'll get haste buffs (at later levels, even without AA) which make you beastly in said group.

It is possible to solo level a Defiler with no AA. You just have to be really patient and know that it's going to go slow. I agree completely with what Thar said. If your guild wants you to be a Defiler, then your guild had better help you level.
    I pvp'd on a Defiler, but with the first 50 AA. It was still slow, and I never ever ever left town without a group. If you saw me solo, something just went horribly wrong.

You are evil and wicked and really a strong healer in a group, though.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All shamans are slow, but the wards are very powerful. I suggest that you get out and harvest to get rares so you can have mastercrafted chainmail and other gear made for you. You will notice a big difference with better gear. Also, if your spells are Apprentice level (pea shooter), buy Adept versions of the spells (pistol), and when you can harvest the rares for them, get Expert versions (assault rifle) made. If you hunt names or have the budget for the broker, Master spells (cannon) do an even better job.

As a Defiler, you have a ton of debuffs. Debuff the mob with one or two debuffs, hit it a couple of time, debuff some more, etc. Debuffing wil make it die much faster.