TLE Berserker Blood Rage ability broken

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Raskis, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Raskis New Member

I understand that at release on Live, as a Berserker you would get the Blood Rage ability at level 21. This was then superceded as you levelled up with Blood Rage II, Blood Rage III etc. I also understand that this was changed later on to become a single ability that levelled with you and returned a percentage of your max health in order to do so. Therefore the Blood Rage II, Blood Rage III and so on were removed from the game.

Currently on Kaladim TLE you get Blood Rage at level 21 as originally intended but cease to get any updates to this ie. Blood Rage II/III etc. You can level to 50 and will still be using a level 21 ability that heals for 43-65 HP and not a % of your health. So the current situation is not as original Live but neither as the changed version later on. To me this seems broken as it is half way between the two situations resulting in an obsolete buff at high levels.

Am I missing something here? Anyone else having this problem with their Berserker.
    Can this please be rectified to be either a % or progressively receiving greater versions, ie Blood Rage II/III etc as you level?

This is what I feel is a class defining ability for the Berserker and certainly part of their tanking mechanic. Without this working correctly, I feel that the Berserker is quite a weak tank and somewhat broken :(
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes, it used to be the flat % on tle until Kaladim.

They kinda forgot that % heals were in place for a reason, because they were scaling horribly when players got higher into the game and got more HP.

If it's not changed it's gonna be a pretty useless spell all the way up, not like it was a significant amount of HPS on a zerker's parse anyway, but it's the same story for paladins and SK's at the moment. This is all because of how broken fighter heals are comparatively to healer heals at lower levels when things like potency, crit etc (which don't affect fighter heals...) aren't as abundant.

A better solution would of been to just nerf the lower level versions of spells to be within the range of healers heals, but alas.

For reference; when kaladim launched I logged into my fallen gate paladin just to see how it scaled at higher levels and heals that previously did around 14-20% of my health were now doing around 3-4%.
  3. Wolfmyth New Member

What I think some people seem to be missing is that this ability is your main (and one of only?) class defining abilities at this level to keep you alive. Otherwise you only have mit/avoid which seems to be close to similar among the other tanks.

I don't play tanks much but my paly still has a great group heal, has LoH, has a single heal and ward. Are these as powerful as on live/old FG? Sounds like they aren't however at least is is still something.

Bloodrage in it current form has no point at all and wouldn't be missed if it even didn't exist.
    Bloodrage from what I've seen even at 40+ has been parsing at about 2 hp/s (yes around TWO) ... where as my low level paly in 20s has parsed over 60 hp/s and if just healing myself over 20 hp/s average iirc ...

From my observations so far on healing different tanks on my warden/inq/mystic
    I've seen SK lifedrain and self sustain very well.
    I've seen Monks with over 45%mit and 76% avoidance. (and they have heals ontop). I've healed monks where my wards expire full or near full constantly...
    Berserkers, they are a pain to keep alive and you need to babysit them.

Exactly what is keeping the berserker alive?
    With this broken bloodrage, their _core_ ability, they are like a stripped down generic version of all other tanks, with no class defining mechanics or defenses to keep them alive.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The class is fairly weak in t5 defensively compared to other tanks. They aren't terrible however, they still have a group mit temp buff to easily pick up adds if you time it right, and wall of rage.

Then you next expansion they get a permanent death save, great agro, and provide the best offensive buffs for a fighter.

Moving onwards they get dragoon's, gut roar, stoneskins, adrenaline, and battle frenzy.

Adrenaline alone was outhealing our channeler on Fallen gate. They're the best offtank all the way up, i'd even run one in t5 to be honest.

With the lack of focus effects available the only thing holding a monk as an offtank is gone, and they don't hold a candle compared to guardians for main tanks. That leaves really crusaders and berserker's for offtanks, i'd put an SK in the 2nd mage group and just throw a paladin out the window, as by the time paladins get something cool (group heal ward) zerker's get 5% raid wide reuse to push paladin's off the map again.

As I said earlier, even with it being 2-3% it was still fairly low in any hps parse zonewide on fallen gate; would it be cool to see it fixed? Yes. Would it really make a difference for t5 zerker? No.
  5. Wolfmyth New Member

1) The ability is absolutely broken. Not sure where you are getting 2-3% when it is two hp/s (not %, aka something like 0.02%). Its completely usless at 50. Imagine all the Paladins heals all together healing for lets say 100 hp on cast..when you have 6k hp...
    2) This isn't FG anymore.
    3) People shouldn't have to wait years before their class gets semi fixed by just gaining other abilities. From the looks, as there are no upgrades to this _core_ ability, it will never do more then its T2 hp. Heck there are lifetap weapons ingame that heal much more then the berserkers _core_ ability.

This isn't about what class is better over what other. Its about the main mechanic of a berserker being completely broken and like I said, they are like a stripped down generic version of all other tanks, with no class defining mechanics or defenses to keep them alive, on Kaladim.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

1)Your reading comprehension is abominable, "Yes, it used to be the flat % on tle until Kaladim" "even with it being 2-3% it was still fairly low in any hps parse zonewide on fallen gate" or you just didn't read, one or the other. I right off the bat said it's not 2-3% anymore, just that it was and it didn't do anything significant.
    2) Yes it is, just called a different server name, lets see here. Same unbalanced classes? Check. Broken Itemization? Check. Poor raid content? Check. What is the differences sans these heals we have already been discussing?
    3) Yes, it's about the buff being broken. Which is why I talked about other fighter heals being significantly weaker than the zerker equivalents at higher levels. Tough luck. Sorcs aren't even at the top right now, summoners are. Give it an xpac or two and you'll be back to running pity summoners. The meta changes until around KoS when you just run four wizards and two warlocks, a zerker/guardian and just cheese the game. Once again, this buff had no significant change on whether a zerker lived or died as I said earlier on Fallen Gate or Stormhold. Bold-ed for clarity, if you have any other responses/questions. Re-read the thread, i'm sure you can find your answer there.

If you really wanna complain about fighter skills you can easily start talking about brawler's shadows endlines, paladin's heals not scaling/DA vs Dragoon's, Bruiser's having literally nothing versus tsunami. The list goes on and on. Every xpac some tank gets something better than another, this ability just isn't worth complaining about when zerker's are the best tank in the game for offtanking starting in DoF. I'd even argue in T5 because of the fact that they give the scout/bard in the offtank group some insane buffs, and nothing hits hard enough to even matter.
  7. Raskis New Member

Well thank you both for your comments in response to my post.....

Let me explain something. I absolutely love the berserker and have both played one on Live and on the TLE so even if the berserker was compared to other tanks and came out bad I would most likely still play one.

So I appreciate your comments but this was not a thread to compare tanks and their effectiveness.

My main reason for posting this thread was to address a class issue that has nothing to do with other tank classes.
    One of my favourite berserker abilities, Blood Rage has had two variations to its design as I stated earlier:

1. Original live with multiple levels of the ability (Blood Rage II/III/IV etc)
    2. One ability that scaled with your level through the use of % HP

At the moment on Kaladim it is neither of the 2 but a mix of them both resulting in an ability that neither scales nor gains level variations making it rather impotent as you level up.

I would like it if this was addressed and set to either design 1 as original or design 2 as the later design. Half way between I feel is completely broken and this has nothing to do with how it compares to other tanks. It is as if the rolling back of the ability to original EQ2 has been only half done.

Can you see that my complaint is not that the class isn't as good as other classes but merely that it is has a broken ability that has only been half rolled out? This is what i am disappointed about.

I will always be a berserker as none of the other tanks interest me, so please don't try and make this thread about how a berserker compares with other classes. If you have this same issue with the Blood Rage ability and would like to see it fixed then I would love to hear about it, as I am sure I am not the only Berserker out there feeling frustrated.

I can only hope that the developers see this for what it is and hopefully fix my berserker :(
    Dude likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

In game, use /feedback.
  9. Byron Member

If it makes you feel any better visions of madness is broken the other way and is a 100% heal.
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

The ability is still broken. With how squishy zerkers are right now it should get the buff it deserves. The signature berserker ability being absolutely useless is just a sign of laziness. Fix it!
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Dude likes this.