[TLE] Beastlord and Channeler?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Rhinok, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Rhinok New Member

I know that these classes are associated with specific expansions.

As their spells and whatnot are already in-game, would it be considered to release them prior to the original expansion they were associated with?

After all, Freeblood and Aerakyn are on the TLE servers and those came with expansions...
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Freebloods and Aerakyn didn't come with xpacs. They each must be purchased separately from the marketplace. I believe the decision was that since people buy those specifically to play them (as opposed to being part of a bundle and probably not the impetus for the purchase), people should be able to play what they paid for.
  3. Rhinok New Member

I grant you that Freeblood and Aerakyn were not included in the expansion. However, they were not available until the Time of a certain expansion.

Freeblood race became available in Dec 2010 between Sentinel's Fate and Destiny of Velious.
    Aerakyn race became available with the Altar of Malice expansion, EQ2's 11th expansion, on Nov 11, 2014.
    The original stated guidelines for TLE states:
    "All races are playable at launch. Players still need to purchase races they don't own if they'd like to play Aerakyn and Freeblood"

The original stated guidelines for TLE states:
    "Beastlords are locked to Age of Discovery and Channeler's are locked to Tears of Veeshan expansions"

So in researching - I found the answer to my original question. Now a new question - could opening these classes sooner be placed to a server vote?
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

opening those 2 classes would maybe make some people come back to play on TLS
    but I think at least the beastlord would have to get nerved HARD
    when they came out I remember they just ruled the pvp servers even with aa and other such perks
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the main difference is aerakyn and freeblood are races, you're wanting classes... i get why you want them, but there is a difference.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Late to this party but really you can not compare getting races "early" with getting classes early.

I don't see anyone complaining about Fae, Arasai and Sarnak being on TLE despite the fact they all did actually come with expansions.

Thing about races is that they are really just reskins, almost purely aesthetic differences. Sure there are some very minor flavor differences with racial abilities but those make very very little difference.
    The same is absolutely not true for classes.
  7. Grymmstone Member

DBG is having a difficult enough time trying to balance the original vanilla classes, and you want to add two classes that are designed around class balancing three or four Expacs from now.