Tizmak faction issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Venser, May 24, 2021.

1. Venser Active Member

When following the questline from Zalyn D'Kilneld you lose Tizmak faction over time. In order to regain it you need to follow the t
    he "Tizmak's Advocate"
    quest line. If you decide to do "
    Delightfully Evil"
    to the end first the NPC will disappear and no longer reappear so you can regain your Tizmak faction. At the end of the "Delightfully Evil" quest line you kill the NPC. I think at least after an hour the NPC should respawn so you can finish the other quest line if that's the route you took.
  2. Venser Active Member

No idea why it's spaced that way in the OP, tried to fix it in edit, nothing changes -- but im sure you get the gist.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

If I understand what you are saying, this is intended.

After Tizmak Treasure Seeker comes the choice: Either you pick "Delightfully Evil" or you pick "The Tizmak's Advocate". No player can go on to complete both quest lines.

This has been detailed by your fellow adventurers on the Tizmak Treasure Seeker EQ2 wiki page:

"IMPORTANT!!! Do not blindly choose dialogues at this point. When multiple dialogue choices pop up, your choice will decide which path you will follow. You CANNOT do both paths!
    Choosing Now that I know how things stand, yes, I believe we can continue our association. will continue with you following Zalyn's evil schemes and will offer the quest Delightfully Evil.
    Choosing I'm not a servant of evil! To the Ether with you! If there's a chance at redemption I will choose it! will allow you to attempt to redeem yourself with the Tizmak Clan and offer the quest The Tizmak's Advocate.
    NOTE: Your choice here will also affect a small quest hub in the Eastern Wastes, the Pit of the Awakened. Those who choose to align themselves with Zalyn will be offered quests from the corrupt gem, Incael, while those who choose to redeem themselves with the Tizmaks will be offered quests from the cursed ratonga, Misha."

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  4. Venser Active Member

So I don't actually remember seeing that note when accepting that quest. What led me to do it instead was that when I tried to do Tizmak's Advocate I ran the ghost Tizmak off of my aggro on accident and it disappeared. When I tried to get it to repop it would never repop. So I deleted the quest and got it again, it would still not pop where it was supposed to. So I took the other quest instead after deleting it again. I don't recall any warning. I'd have to dig through my logs, but I don't have a time stamp.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Do you mean the Tizmak Hero? The Tizmak that spawned and attacks when you wander away from Zalyn D'kilneld, correct?

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Venser Active Member

yeah, no idea how to get it to spawn again if i didnt actually kill it
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Ah! After some investigation I found the cause of confusion. The Tizmak Hero was scripted with a cool down timer, meaning that you could spawn another one, but only after you waited the allotted time (2 min). There's nothing wrong with that, per say, but we know slicker ways of scripting these kinds of triggered fights now. I'll be submitting the following changes to improve that experience:

The Tizmak's Advocate - A Tizmak Hero can no longer be accidentally killed.
    The Tizmak's Advocate - If an adventurer breaks a Tizmak Hero's encounter, it can be respawned by reentering the trigger location, with no wait time.

~ Kaitheel