Tinkers left by the wayside?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zemizia, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

It seems us tinkers have been forgotten. Cast out. Left behind on the side of the road with no wagon in sight to pick us up. With the exception of Tinkerfest that happens once a year, we haven't gotten any new recipies since the Sentinel's Fate expansion. It just seems like we should have had a whole new set of recipe books by now, and maybe a skill cap raise? Fellow Tinkers let's put our heads together and come up with some ideas!
    Tinkered mounts! Not to say that the hoverpad isn't totally cool, but how awesome would it be to ride a tinkered horse, or warg, or **drake**!!
    Sellable mender bot. For this idea for the recalibrated mechanized repository whooziwhatzit, it could be used by anyone, not just tinkers. It would have 5 charges on it, and be LORE. It would be a nice asset to the raiding community, as well as making tinkers more sought after.
    Wormhole generators. We haven't gotten a new one since Odus. One for the Great Divide and Wakening Lands, as well as some other zones would be useful.
    How about a cureometer? This could be a permanent item, and require a few rare components to craft. It could be used just like the alchemist-made cure pots, but it could cure all 4 detriments (only 1 at a time, not all 4 at once). This should probably be tinker-usable only, as a benefit for being a tinker!
    Please devs, think about giving us some fun new toys to make!
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

I dont think the tinkerer cure pots are a good idea, perhaps isntead we could get some enviromental suits that function like buff items rather then as equipables to convert damage into power gain.
    Yes to mroe wormhole generators i would suggest the velious ones only be learnable by those with DoV.
    I'd like to see a larger personal harvest depot added.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Tradeskillers have been requesting a bigger harvest depot for a long time, and have been repeatedly shot down. I would be fine with tinkered depot expanders, much like the ones that give extra item spaces for homes. Perhaps able to make two kinds, one for guild depots and one for personal depots.
  4. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I would like to see several new items added for tinkerers to craft ...some useful, some silly and fun.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Tinkerfest is coming, and has some nice new toys added to the recipes. ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Raienya wrote:
    If they are against making a new one why not just modify the tinkered and guild depot capacity so it is higher to take the new teir of resources into account. they can do it for prestige home's item limit easily enough so why not just do that rather then bothering with expander items?
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Raienya wrote:
    If they were going to expand Depots they would just add more space like they did last time. Dev is against expanding storage space because they are concerned about database size. When utility outweighs hardware limitations I'm sure dev won't have a problem selecting a means to expand the depots.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Tinkering and Adorning could use some new recipes. I think a permanent cure potion is a bit much. Dev would also never agree to a cure curse potion.
    I'd like to see a tinkered "rocket booster" for flying mounts. Gives any flying mount a 50% speed boost for 60 seconds. Put it on a 15 min refresh and let them stack to 100 and you'll have a winner. Extra bonus if it actually forces you to gain altitude for 2-5 seconds.
    An entire line of mechanical warders. Only useable by pet classes, they change the appearance of your pet.
    Deux Ex Machina: Why settle for calling home when you can use this ingenious device to do the same thing? Replaces the animation for Call to guild hall with the long version of "revive". Add a glorious sound effect and maybe some cherribs and you've got a winner. Bonus if the cherribs look mechanical or gnomish.
    Mechanical Crafter: A klank that does what you wish that lazy, daydreaming apprentice of your would do. Load it up with resources, fuel and a single item to make. 3 hours later you'll find 20 combines worth of perfectly finished products ready to be picked up! Warning: due to waste management systems and defective materials rejection the Mechanical Crafter takes double the amount of materials and fuel normally required to make the desired item. Mechanical Crafters are also known to share tasks with other Mechanical Crafters. You can place as many in a house as you wish, but you can only have one crafting project going and it still takes 3 hours to complete.
    Kazoo! The ultimate in tinkered musical instruments. Amaze your friend! Enchant your enemies! Enrage your lovers! Mystify musicians with this ulteritarian replacement for any of the more mundane musical instruments.