Tinkering skills linked together

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ARREB, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ARREB Guest

[size="x-small"] I am at lvl 1 in tinkering and have a problem. It seems to have 2 counter spells that are linked together of the 3 total. The 2 linked are Overhaul and Monkey With if I use one it uses both at once leaving me actually with 2 spells to use in reality. Is this by design or is this a game bug? Its so hard to get the crafting process to the 4rth tier because of lack of increase durability spells. ARREB [/size]
  2. ARCHIVED-TheMightyTaco Guest

[p]They are linked on purpose and it isn't a bug. Tinkering is just a whole new beast. Others may be more knowledgable than me but here is my take on it.[/p][p] All levels of resulting items yeild the same item. The more perfect you make the item the more of a raw material you will get back. To me, that isn't really important.[/p][p]It seems you have a chance to get one skill up per item created. It may be a higher chance with a more perfect result, but I haven't noticed a difference.[/p][p] So, I just push the "more progress with a higher chance to fail" button to get the item created as fast as possible. I don't care how far it drops in quality (except making sure that I at least get the first bar).[/p][p] I'd like to know if there is a better way, but in the meantime I'm doing alright with it.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

There isn't really a better way :). You get 4 reaction arts ... err well lets just call them buttons since you don't use them to react to anything. 2 increase progress and 2 increase durability - the pairs are on the same timer so you can only hit 1 progress and 1 durability per tick. The difference is that 1 progress and 1 durability cost power and the others cost chance of success. Since you don't need to react to any events feel free to hammer away at the buttons as you see fit and as your power allows. As mentioned above you only really need to finish the first tier (what you may call "crude") as all tiers return the same item ... just the amount of raws returned varies. In my experience the chance of getting a skillup is not based on the tier you complete an item. Hope that helps the OP.