Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof!

Your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest can be found in the heart of Steamfont Mountains, at Gnomeland Security. Adventures, rewards, buyables, and crafted items, both new and familiar, await you!

Tibbles Aclatter, an inventor and artificer in her own right, has gone there looking for some assistance tracking down archaic mechanamagica components. But if that’s not your wheelhub, I know for a fact both Bertram Fiddledeegrak and Snafu Fizzbrip at the Dropship Landing Zone in Moors of Ykesha could use some help.

New features for '21!
    TLE servers
    • Kaladim - The event is active, with the following exception (due to expansion availability):
      • The Reticent Tinkerer, and "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ)
    • Tarinax - A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, the currency used to purchase event items, are located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    Live servers
    • New Overseer quests and Agent
      • Offered by Tibbles Aclatter at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains
        • Mechana Arcanus - Vaulted Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Drednever Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Maldura Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - D.I.R.T.Y. Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Celestial Component
    • 10 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security, including new equipment!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 13.0” sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • What About Bhoughbh
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 – 12.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 – 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning quests:
      • Fiddledeegrak's Great Invention - repeatable annually
        • New reward added!
      • A Clockwork Snafu - Repeatable, once per year
      • Hack 'n Slash [public quest] – repeatable
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering"
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    Any feedback submitted after 7/5 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 07/23/2021 at 12:01 AM PDT until 08/05/2021 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

All purchased house items from Myron place and work correctly. :)
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Sorry for the long absence, I was playing the dreadful game "life". don't do it, it's very bad!
    So far so good, crafted everything without problem and placed it at Niami's without problem either.

The starry chandelier is GORGEOUS! congrats!

I don't understand what you're saying about equipment, I only see a petamorph and fluff pet on Myron (I might be blind)

Is it intended that the ladders (oooooh, ladders!!!!!!) are only 2 cogs each?
  4. Kaitheel Developer

No, those should be priced slightly higher at 3 cogs. To be honest, I thought I had already made that change.. hmmm...

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Nope, you're not blind. Those are the equipment / non-house items I was counting amongst the 10 new items on Myron.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, that's what I thought at first then got confused. and nope, the ladders are at 2 cogs, I was glad I took the time to check the recipe book against the list. and thank you so much for working ladders!

I'm on the third overseer quest, everything is working fine so far. illusion of the maldura gnemlin is showing naked in the preview, it's weird, but I'll check more when the quest is done (tomorrow! it's 1:36 am now!). it's probably normal
  7. Kasa Well-Known Member

Completed the Overseer quests and received the Title. All item rewards are working correct including the Title. The illusion is clothed on both male and female.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Darn it, Whil, now see what you made him do...re-check the price. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

LOL , here we go again , picks up her cane and shovels over to the next event " ouch my aching joints "

those new items are nice
    I love that new chandelier , and that oblong bowl could be turned in to a bathtub if you can scale it big enough .
    Love the tent , and those gnomes have taken good care of it , no holes .

And the gnomes amongst us always can use an amplifier
    Those propeller blades are really pretty too .
    And yesh more building blocks .
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the ladder looks like a gnome version of the Halfling's ladder , but heck we can use more colors and materials .
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG! :D

Yep, I definitely have to make sure that a) everyone has the Gnomish language, and b) get everyone their recipe books! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Unlike the halfing one, these two have an actual honest-to-goodness climbing surface, climbing animation and all, which is something decorators have been clamoring for.

I might have squee'ed a bit when that sank in.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

strange I have to try out my Halflings ladders , because I thought I can climb up those , but I guess not with the animation ,
    don't remember all I know is put it up the wrong way around and it won't work .
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BRILLIANT!!!!! :D

Woo-hoo! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! That should mean something, then; when I "climb" my Halfling Ladders, it's because of the angle I placed them at. Now I don't have to worry about the maths any more! :D

Uwk
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

yeah, I had to buy a couple ladders in the past from the marketplace because I couldn't tilt the halfling ladder enough to climb it. this is really awesome.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

One thing for players to note regarding the Tinkered Propeller Blades. The "Tinkered Propeller Blades (Active)" have the blades disappear if you are too much of a distance away from it due to how the animation is handled. It isn't a bug, but it is something to note if you're building something massive that others will see from a distance. The "Tinkered Propeller Blades (Inactive)", of course, don't have this issue because the blades aren't moving.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I noticed this problem with any moving cogs or gears they tend to disappear not to far away and depending what angle
    your looking at the wall at .
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird bug; a toon of mine had already collected something like 56 Cogs, then scooped up a bunch from the pile of them in the Shared Bank to get her recipe books (new kid; needed all of them...). For some reason, they didn't merge, so I'd "over-collected" on the Cogs I was harvesting. :-/

On the upside, we have a lot more Cogs now in the Shared Bank... :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can never have enough cogs ;).