Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Having equipped the Whirliblade doesn't change the item or stop it from being turned into a house item. Though if it has been damaged in battle - that will. Get it mended and then you can turn it into the house version.

If your weapon isn't damaged, then I suspect the issue is that you already have a Mounted Battleclock Whirliblade (the house item) in your inventory. I'll be looking at the item switching script that was used on that item to update it so this won't be an issue in the future. For now though, simply place the "Mounted Battleclock Whirliblade" from your inventory in a house zone, then change your weapon into another house item.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I found the cause of this! I'll get the spawn script and encounter script cleaned up. Next year, it will not be a problem!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

I've made note of this issue for next year. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It was doing just fine on Thurgadin already! Yay, Kaitheel! :D

Now, about those Fireworks in the purple collection glowies... :-/ We're already limited by how fast we can fill that second collection (the Toolbelt) because while there's only 7 total pieces to get the house pet from the original Tinkerfest collection, the second collection has 9 elements, and quite a few, at least 2 different ones per server, it seems, are beastly rare, much more so than anything from the first collection. With that in mind, can we PLEASE either really reduce the RNG on the Fireworks or just eliminate them altogether? They're cool and all, but they're also available on the Merchants for 1 Cog for each stack. :-/

Uwk
    who finally found all 9 of the secondary collection...and over 50 of the various kinds of "hidden" Fireworks, all on one toon :(
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they should include fireworks as a needed item for a quest that would make them a lot more interesting
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And once you got a stack or two of each type -- hmm! Make the purple glowie ones LORE! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I dunno about anyone else, but I used some fireworks launchers as knobs on a bath tub (interior decorators, we'll turn anything into something you never imagined!)
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The LAUNCHERS are wonderful! I love them, they're groovy! Both the ones from Tinkerfest and the ones from Scorched Sky (though that phrase is not all that happy joy joy nowadays :-/) are beautiful! :D

The things I detest are the Flowery, Foamy, and Rainbow stacks of 10 that you get way too often in a purple glowie, when you should be getting either a Tinkered Whatever from the first collection quest for Tinkerfest, or the various tools from the Toolbelt Set from the second collection quest. Maybe especially the latter, since you need 9 pieces, more than a few very rare, and when you're hoping beyond hope to finally get that last piece and get nothing for your efforts but another dozen or more Whatever Fireworks instead, it gets more than a wee bit irritating. :mad:

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and that's the ones I meant I used to have my bags full of those disposable things I love the launchers too
    but I play another game where you can trade in fireworks for a little something so how about you bring 100 and you get I don't know something.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly! Yes, absolutely! :)

We get something minor, yet cool, and we get our bag space back. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.