Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I ran all the quests at level 110 without problem. Every mob is scaling properly and need a couple hits to be killed (not very hard but not dirt-easy breathe-and-they-all-die).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

:(
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

Riveted Metal Barrel would be nice smaller, too. Maybe to half the size it is now. Then it would be a nice gnomish loo.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Every time I've ever gone in there for the Geargobbler event (as opposed to the McScroogle one for Frostfell, etc.), I've had to IMMEDIATELY throw on an Invis or Stealth effect until my hit points stabilize. Being surrounded by aggro, 2^^ kill-bots when my hit points are in the reddish-orange region is a little unnerving. Perhaps it's the side-effect of "super-boosting" me, but I'm not taking any chances on getting insta-killed the minute they register my presence on their radar (or whatever). I may actually have the same amount of hit points that I did before I came in, but if it's relative to the amount of damage these things now dish out, since there is the super-boost ("Ooh, look! You got hit for half the hit points you had before!" "Oh, yay, now I can watch myself losing the few I have left from that last, red bubble. Whoop."), I don't wanna get hit yet. Sorry. :(

Uwk
    who'll slaughter things gleefully on the way out, as I have ;->
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Cheer up Frostfell Elf, I didn't request no cubes, I just requested they be a color other than pink.

Perhaps a bit of song from the Snarky Wood Elf Troubie would help to cheer you up?

*sings* cube chunks roasting on an open fire, Santa Glug nipping at our nose, Frostfell carols being sung by the fire …..

feel better?
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Found out that my mystic had skipped the Reticent Tinkerer last year. I can confirm that it works well at level 110 and that epic clockworks are still impossible to kill
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

I am not a Frostfell elf. And we've been over this. Cubes are friends, not food.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Okay, for days now I have been trying to complete the second collectrion for 2 different toons. I could not get a hold of the grease for love nor money. Knowing how fickle the RNG is I tried collecting shinies on multiple toons in multiple zones. Nada. I was about to come here and ask Kaitheel to check that grease was still in the shiny loot tables. But tonight I finally took my main to Qeynos and in the first 6 shinies I got 4 lots of grease!

Kaitheel, why is all the grease in Qeynos?! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And where the hell are all the Hypermetal Sanders in Antonia Bayle?? :(

They're not in Freeport, and they're not in Gnomeland Security, and my poor Evil toons are all 40 or under; WE CAN'T GO TO QEYNOS AND LOOK THERE. >:-/

Instead, can we get a better RNG distribution for these items and LOSE the stupid Fireworks in the collection glowies? If you love them and want them to stay, can we please just have those on the Merchants for like 20sp a stack or something? :(

Uwk

EDIT: Okay, finally found ONE in Gnomeland Security, so that's where they are. Still ridiculous...and can we please still lose the fireworks from the purple glowies? PLEASE?? >:-/

EDIT: Ah! They are on the Merchant, for 1 Cog each stack. Can we leave them there, please, and not have them in the purple glowies? :(
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

About that: are the 5 pieces in Gnomeland Security and the 4 pieces in Qeynos/Freeport always the same, or do they vary randomly?

Uwk
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

From the 2016 writeup (when the second collection was released):

12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Seems to be. I'm now a bit baffled how I got all but the grease on those toons as I'd been avoiding both big towns in favour of all the other zones. Must have passed through and got lucky or something!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hubby just ran the PQ on Thurgadin and Blourg only had a single round, so it's lacking hit points still
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I submitted a /bug on this on AB.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Got a Battleclock Whirliblade from the quest "Friendly Competition" on Maj'Dul and made the mistake of accidentally Equipping it as a weapon. Now I can't convert it to a house item?? :(

If that's a feature and not a bug, there should be some warning. :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This has been a recurring bug pretty much since it was introduced, if not shortly thereafter... :-/

In "Tinker-Bound History," there's already at least one 'a papernado' in evidence, long before you talk to Kripkie Clatterpyle, let alone finish talking to him -- or rather, are "interrupted" by "the sudden appearance" of the critter. As a result, there's the original 'nado, the one that spawns as a result of the dialogue, and, at times, several others, in a stack, at the same location. Since there's a minimum distance where we can talk to Kripkie, when the thing spawns, we should have enough leeway to actually fire something at it before it goes toe to whatever with us in melee combat. But if we can't determine which one it is (this isn't WoW, where the instant something starts chewing on your ankles, even from a distance, you're in combat with an obvious opponent [on the other hand, we very rarely get ganked from behind by an NPC opponent, so... /shrug]), then it's pretty useless to have anything ranged brought to bear. :-/

Can we please do something to fix this someday? I don't think any of them are supposed to spawn until that moment in the dialogue (Kripkie: "Just got to start it with a bit of magic, of course!" My toon: "What? Uh-oh!" [spawn]). :(

Uwk
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know this is late to the party, I must have missed the answer somewhere, so I apologize for asking a question that has been answered in advance.

What exactly is the reasoning for making the scrap no-trade? Why can the scrap not be made heirloom? I get you want everybody to get their own scrap which accounts for no-trade, but I do not understand not allowing it to be heirloom. The recipes and the pieces for the Spidermech are all no-trade so each character would have to go and get those themselves but it seems the scrap could be heirloom and not nullify the get it yourself programming.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Have a merc up and have it set to defend you and defend itself, they will take care of all of those and you don't need to figure out which one is your "papernado".
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just so you know, the final fight with Bhoughbh can be broken on Test the same way as on live. You do one round of pillars, then target the boss and he falls to 0 in 2 ticks. My personal soloing record is finishing the fight with 1h48 minutes left (and the PQ after his speech) with 1h52 minutes left. Which is kinda nice on Test but definitely not intended.