Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I found out that going on the other side of the hill and asking the merc to attack uphill does the trick usually.

I never could replicate the issue with the chests not opening up the recipe window, so I'll check that as a player issue somehow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So, post patch impressions:

- "Static Strike" is fixed. Everything populates skipping the first slot on the bar, which is perfect.
    - For me, pillars take 7 minutes to be killed each so I think it should be fine on live. Sure can't be 2-boxed anymore, at least by me ("me" = 100 bauble buffed invoc and 93 mystic with 2 mercs, previously my level 100 merc did most of the damage). I'll see if Duchy is around to test this this afternoon, she might be able to kill them as she did more damage than my merc.
    - Kerser's Magnifying Lens is an appearance item now which is perfect. No more problems with forgetting to equip your head slot afterwards.

While waiting for my PQ to fail, I wrote down some macros to copy on live, feel free to modify/copy them

STAGE 1
    /ooc STAGE 1: (artisan 2 needed) 1/ Harvest parts on a "repair-o-matic MkII"
    /ooc 2/ Craft the Hack on the "disabled assault-o-maton MkI" (double-click or right-click and hack)
    /ooc 3/ Kill the Berserk-O-Matics whie in clockwork form (Static Strike is your basic attack), blue attack is an AE

STAGE 2
    /ooc STAGE 2 (artisan 2) : 1/ gather parts on Kerser (the small floating robot running after Bhoughbh)
    /ooc 2/ Equip "Kerser's Magnifying Lens" (appearance head slot)
    /ooc 3/ double click on any of the chest (NOT GLOWING IN YELLOW) to craft "disarm Bhougbomb MkI" (yellow = explodes in 10 secs)
    /ooc 4/ throw the crafted bomb on Bhoughbh until he's at 50%

STAGE 3
    /ooc STAGE 3: ALL go on the same pillar and kill it, then proceed to next one, then third one, then fourth one
    /ooc when 4th pillar is killed, one player will get a electromagnetic field and NEED to be on top of Bhoughbh to damage it
    /ooc there's 5 rounds of pillars and the PQ will be done. Remember : STAY GROUPED, DON'T HIT BHOUGHBH, Proceed AS A GROUP from one pillar to the next.

THE END
    /ooc harvest the chest and gather 5 parts of "Ginormous scrap metal" of the Mk-Ginormous scrap heap. Bountiful harvest works.
    /ooc recipe for Spidermech Defender familiar and Master Control Core can be bought in Steamfont (you'll need 170 Ginormous scrap metal to make 1 familiar and 1 green adorn)
  3. Dyeana Active Member

I will be on Duchy again most of the day and availiable in between doing the daily quests.

I still have some concern targetting the pillars. Targetting from a distance seems OK but once close in seems difficult. I was wondering is this was the area which I see to click on in the first person view seeing the bottom of the pillar is not low enough. Noticed the name for the pillar is about 3/4 the way up the pillar. Will experiment a bit and see if changing view helps me of I just need to look up more.

Stage 3 - What happens if the person selected goes to a different pillar than the folks killing the pillar? Or doesn't even go to any pillar? This is one part I can see being a problem once on Live with 50 people or more trying to do the PQ.

For lower level crafters, can the normal mobs of the area of the PQ be sequestered to allow them to now be fighting the regular mobs but involved in the PQ?

Dye
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

From what Niami posted earlier, if the player with the field is not close to the mob, the field hops around until it finds someone close to it.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, if the player targeted by the field is not close to Bhoughbh, the damage and fling up to the air will happen around the target person, then the field will hop to another person and repeat the process again ... and again ... and again ... until Bhoughbh is near the person being selected by the field that time and takes damage. So if folks are scattered all over, expect a bunch of dead low levels, and a bunch of bored high levels. It really adds to the time it takes to finish this round.

It will also pick on "spectators" who are in the area (such as Chrol when he came to watch), so don't expect this to go smoothly on live no matter what you do. (Herding cats!) But telling everyone to stick together increases the odds that you might have to deal with the electromagnetic field once per pylon cycle.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oooh! That was one of the things I was planning to tackle today for my writeup. (Mind you, I planned on doing it after about 4 more hours of sleep than I got, but maybe I can napo later.) May I take this, tweak it a bit and put it on my site? {hugs}

I can be around for a round or two before I tackle other things today.
  7. Dyeana Active Member

Gads that was a painful run. 1 hour 20 minutes on just the pillars. The damage reduction and Merc/pet reduction was toooooo excessive. Scale it back. At the current rate, I would never again bother doing this PQ.

Dye
  8. Chrol Developer

It takes working together to move The Omen Feeder around to remove its damage immunity in the Kylong Plains PQ, so I have faith the community will work together to bring down Boughbh for this PQ. (Wishful thinking at its finest.)
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The hitpoint increase was just a tad too much once merc damage has been reduced. Whilhelmina has times and such, as I only got in on the last 10 minutes of their 1 hour 20 minute attack of JUST the pylons. When I got there, there were three of them attacking the pillars, plus mercs and pets. I added in myself and my merc, then started using 2 different ascended attacks every time they cycled (and they cycled more than once), AND started throwing 5 different tinkered pets at them, AND then brought out the second account with the buff baubled level 100 warden AND her merc. It was a slog even with 5 of us with our army of mercs and pets. Four of us were level 100.

Halllllp?
  10. Chrol Developer

How many were participating?
  11. Dyeana Active Member

Had 5 total
  12. Dyeana Active Member

Darn my arm is sore from that round on the pillars. Definately makes the other KA PQ's look like child's play in comparison now. Let me know if it gets reduced, other than that, I won't try it again. Just too painful to bother.

Dye
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Of course you can, mum. That was the whole point of prewriting them :D

So, after my fail, when I came back, Commonlands was up once again.

I first stumbled upon a bug: when crafting the disarm, if you never zoned between the last PQ and the new one, you can't harvest the parts from Kerser and you don't have the recipe when clicking the chests. I had to unequip the lens and destroy the components to be able to pick them again and unlock the crafting part.

So on that last part...
    Duchy was here, so I came back with my alt and we ran it. Started the last stage with 1h29 minutes left and began killing the pillars.
    Alone on the previous try, it took 7 to 8 minutes with Me and Me (Leucosia, 100 conjuror and Yavannamire 93 Mystic, both with a merc)
    On this try, we had both chars + Duchy who is a level 100 Necro (up-to-date expension and gear-wise. I suck, she doesn't). Each pillar took between 4 and 5 minutes.
    Near the end of the 4th round, Niami joined us and we were 5 with me, me, Duchy, Mum1 and Mum2. It took 2min 30s to kill a pillar in this last round, Foiwom using ascension skills.
    We finished with 8 minutes left and we were really unhappy with the whole experience.

There is also a little bug on the pillar (lucky us or we wouldn't have finished in time): they despawned when they go under the 25% threshold.

Pre-patch, we could run the whole PQ in less than an hour with Duchy and me
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

4 level 100s (2 ascended - not sure what Dye is at, but 6 elementalist here), one level 93, plus mercs and pets. It was 3 until the last 10 minutes when I arrived, then pulled out the second account when I saw that they might fail anyway. If I'd had a kitchen sink handy, I'd have thrown that too!

I know that it will go faster with more people, but my fear is that there won't BE many more people a lot of the time. With the summer ethereal event, plus the normal summer dip in player numbers, plus the casual players feeling a bit overwhelmed with the complexity ... blergh.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

He looks much more gazer-like now! :D
  16. Dyeana Active Member

Oooooh that is what I forgot. When clicking the magnifying glass, it went into the appearence slot. And wouldn't let me perform combines. I couldn't get it out of there. deleted it several times, and then even logged to char sel to try and clear it. It persisted in going to the app head slot. I tried a combine again, and on the 5th try it worked again.

Definately a problem there.

Dye
  17. Dyeana Active Member

Duchy is on her 3rd ascension, Etherealist. Level 7, almost to level 8. And I was using ascension skills also.

Dye
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I put the EQ2U links to the chars in my post if you want to check exactly our chars. I'm missing the last 2 expansions so I don't have up-to-date stuff and no ascension.
  19. Chrol Developer

Energizer Pylon hitpoints have been reduced and the chance for mercenaries to inflict damage upon them has been slightly increased.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you! I think I speak for all of us that we're going to be happy to see those changes come to Test, and to be live "soon".