Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains. While you're there, be sure to take a swig of Tinker Thermald's cask-strength gnomish spirits! It's sure to liven up the celebration!

New features for '16!
    • TLE- Stormhold
      • A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, can be found in Freeport, Qeynos Qeynos Capitol District, and Steamfont Mountains.
      • The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, used as currency to purchase house items and expendables directly from the TLE Tinkerfest merchant, spawn in Freeport, Qeynos Qeynos Capitol District, and Steamfont Mountains.
    • New Collection!
      • Tinkerer’s Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Quests Rewards
      • "We Can Rebuild" offered by Tinker Thermald in Gnomeland Security has new quest reward options
    • Myron, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security has new things to sell
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 8.0
      • New mounts!
      • New house items and baubles!
    • New recipe added to the existing "Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0" recipe book:
      • Tinkered Mechanized Bow
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 3.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 5.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 6.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 7.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 3.0
    • Returning quests:
      • Collection quest: Tinkered Parts Collection
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    This event content is currently set to run 07/21/2016 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 08/03/2016 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is the new collection mixed in with the old collection as far as locations? The only new stuff on the purple shiny nodes that I've found are fireworks and a hypermetal sander (level 30 status item). I don't know if I should keep looking in the usual spots, or expand my search.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

First bug found!

Hold on to those level 30 status items, like the hypermetal sander. They'll magically turn into collection pieces with the next update!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

LOL ... I was just coming back to post that the sander fits in the collection depot. Good to know!
  5. Gneaux Active Member

Are the new shiny collections sharing nodes with the old shinys,, as far they go,, I'm finding nothing so far.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

See his above post that they're only showing the status amount, not that they're part of a collection. (hypermetal sander is the one I found). Waiting on a patch.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Myron wants me to tell you that any new mounts that he was supposed to sell are apparently backordered or something. He hasn't been able to get them in stock. (re-re-re-checked him, no mounts other than the charged leaf-blown carpet, which is already a long-existing Grotto item.. Didyma's mounts are all returning ones.)

In addition, one niggly on the crafted stuff:

Deepforge Proline Coupling Pipe is just a tiny bit smaller than Deepforge Proline Elbow Pipe on default size. They can be resized, of course, but they're going to leak if the two are paired together as-is, so you KNOW decorators will notice. ;D

Everything else crafted seemed fine, crafted properly, placed properly, etc.

Those windows are going to be HUGELY popular! :D
  8. Gneaux Active Member

I realize the new shinys are bugged now, but after getting several hundred of the old shinys in both Freeport and Neriak, not a single new item came up in either Freeport or Neriak. I went to Gnomeland security and 3 shiny nodes in I found one of the new ones. I have not tested the other spawn places, but Freeport and Neriak definitely need to be looked at.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Those new pipes (Deepforge Proline Elbow Pipe and Deepforge Proline Coupling Pipe) made me very happy until I placed them in a house at max size and couldnt walk through them *CRIES*. Why oh why oh why can I not walk in these beautiful new pipes. I really really need them as a tunnel to fix my ugly custom made one.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Here's some numbers for you, Kaitheel, with regards to the new collection. It looks like they may be bugged in more than one way, as the rarity is insane (or the rng is trolling Test right now)

Steamfont:
    37 "old" tinkerfest collection
    3 fireworks (2 of one, 1 of another)
    1 new tinkerfest collection item

Great Divide:
    57 "old" tinkerfest collection
    ZERO of the new collection (or the fireworks, if that matters)
  11. Kaitheel Developer

A few more bug fixes headed your way, for the next update:
    • Myron's mounts will be delivered with the next update. Apparently his "distributor was having problems fulfilling the order." Lame.
    • "The Deepforge Proline Coupling Pipe" default size has been slightly increased.
    ~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I'll take a look but I should also point out that the new collection is not available everywhere. It is only available at the main Tinkerfest locations, and it requires you to have completed the Tinkered Parts collection.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Hahaha! I forgot how sneaky I was when I placed the spawn points for that collection in Gnomeland Security. Yeah, I'll increase their spawn count and respawn time.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pricing question -
    Myron sells the new items that can be crafted as well as purchase-only, but there's inconsistency in pricing on the craftable ones. They cost 2 cogs apiece for the crafted house items, except: Auric Magitronic Gear-Sphere, Cyanic Magitronic Gear-Sphere, Umbrite-Fueled Malduran Pillar. Either Myron is trying to line his pockets a bit with some extra mark-ups on those, or there was a copy-paste error. :D
  15. Lisiana Member

just adding my input on the shinies, looks like it has already been reported though. I was excited to see the new collection, discovered 5 of them but alas I can not put them in a collection yet.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I like the new fashion and the new tinker blueprint
    for the problems that there are you might have to do a hot fixe before you bring it out onto the regular servers
    so much to test , so little time.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test patches irregularly as needed - they're not called hotfixes over there, :D They'll be in the next Test patch - which may mean tomorrow, Thursday or Friday, depending on several other factors outside of Kaitheel's control. :D
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

19. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I forgot to note that I added the following recipe to the existing "Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0" recipe book:
    • Tinkered Mechanized Bow
    That should enable you to upgrade the appearance of the Rusty Mechanized Bow.
    ~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

He thinks those items should be worth a smidgen more. Muttered somethin' about "overhead" and a few more mouths to feed.

~ Kaitheel