Tinkerfest, etc

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-hexalobular, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

So do these Tinkerfest recipies work at any time of the year, so long as you've got the cogs and Tinkerers Mechanized Frameworks, or do you need to get your tinkering done before it ends?
    I messed up with Frostfell, I collected a bunch of mats but wasn't too interested in doing the crafting, which I latter regetted. So I was all excited about Bristlebane Day, but there I was with the mats and crafting stations but no recipies.

Are there any Disc/Carpet/Cloud type mounts that work as appearances for flying mounts?
    Or flying Discs/Carpets/Clouds (Preferably outside the SC shop (unguarded and easily hotwired ))
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Tinkerfest recipes (like nights of the dead, erollisi, brew day, bristlebane day, etc) can all be crafted year-round. Frostfell is the exception.. and that is because those recipes require special frostfell stations which are not available for people to put in houses or guild halls.
  3. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

Thanks, I feel reasured!
  4. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

Is there any way to make the chat window visable without interfering with my clicking on things in the game?
    (Having the frame active would be acceptable as long as the text is click-throughable)
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

hexalobular wrote:
    For your chat window, hit F10 so you can see where it is, then right click and choose Window options. I usually have my chat windows mostly transparent, with just enough background color to make it easy to read the text. Then I also set it so the background is completely opaque when moused over.
    And some tips I posted in another thread earlier that may help you:

How to Harvest Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs
    First, make a macro:
    [IMG]
    You will find the "Gathering" ability in your Knowledge Book. I know that /target_next_npc looks strange, but trust me, that's how you target cogs.
    Put this macro on a hotbar, then run up to a cog. Click the macro, and Hey! Presto!, it targets the shiny and harvests the cog! Your incipient carpal tunnel will thank me for this tip!

Improving Your Harvesting Even More
    There are a LOT of pieces of gear that can improve your gathering ability, the speed at which you gather, and even give you a chance at a double harvest. Take a look at the linked list, because these items can speed up your cog-harvesting!

Gnomes Are Everywhere
    If there are a lot of people shiny-hunting where you are, try a different location. GNOMES ARE EVERYWHERE! Some places to hunt cogs:
    • Inventor's Threshold in North Qeynos (266, -16, 67)
    • East Freeport at Inventor's Outlook(-107, -24, 107)
    • Near the Kelethin First Regional Bank in Greater Faydark (298, 106, 153)
    • Indigo Hollow in Neriak (42, 18, -33)
    • Timorous Deep in Gorowyn, on the platform by the city lake (2578, 8, 1230)
    • On the boardwalk landings between the Erollis Dock on the Frostfang Sea and the city of New Halas (425, 53, 31)
    • The Solusek Mining Company in Solusek's Eye, Lavastorm (33, 14, -41)
    • Drednever Crash Site in The Bonemire
    • Dropship Landing Zone, Moors of Ykesha, around the crafting area and bank (1780, 453, 837)
    • Thurgadin Harbor, Great Divide

Play Nice
    One would think I shouldn't need to mention this, since the Play Nice Policy is a part of the standard EQ2 Rules of Conduct, but it bears some repeating.
    If you see someone obviously headed to harvest a shiny or a collectible, let them have it, run by and get the next. Tinkerfest cogs respawn REALLY fast, they are not a limited resource.
    There's no need to make another player mad or unhappy because you are being a node shark.

Bonus Tinkerfest Fun
    If you see a youngster frantically gathering, give them 50 or 100 cogs and watch them be happy and amazed and thankful. It can make your day as well as theirs.

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

@Sigrdrifa
    great guide!
    My chat window problem isn't that it obscures the view, I have the background compleately transparent, but that it isn't click-throughable, though the macro would would help remove the need to click through it.
    I suppose what I want might not be possible, since the chat is designed so that you can click on the names of people and objects to send Tells and decide whether to bid on the object.

Really great guide!
    Works just fine, and as an added benefit it makes life harder for the node sharks!
    It even works for blowing up the Eratic Tinkerfest Clockworks, suitibly modified.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

If you are also collecting purple shinies for the collection, just add the Collecting skill from your Knowledge Book to the same macro. It will give you a little message saying there's nothing to gather when you are collecting a shiny, but that's not a major deal.
    I love, love, love Great Balls of Fire. I do macro it as you suggested, just putting in a "Use Item" line and dropping the detonator in there. I love swooping around blowing up the clockworks. I wish I could do it all year round!

[IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

I like to run straight at the clockworks and time the blast so that they blow up just as I run into them.
    I've already maxed out the boomage on five toons, I think I might just be able to survive until next Tinkerfest without "Boom"