Tinkered Tradeskill Devices

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am putting this here in the testing forum, because everytime a decent thread starts in tradeskill forum, it gets lost, ignored or turns into a rant about raids?

The tinkered tradeskill devices should not have levels on them or the 5-charge should be set to level 1 and the version 2.0 level 20.

Seriously, level 30 requirement for the tinkered Portable device? So those that liked to do the city festival crafting, have to be level 30 crafter to do artisan crafting quest, if they want to supply thier own device as to not spend all thier time running to and from crafting locations/

Version 2.0 of the portable devices require level 60 crafter?

Shame on whomever decided to plug any number that came to mind on these TRADESKILL devices.
  2. Deathbecomes Member

while frostfell is going do the ts mission you'll be level 30 in no time.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

That isnt the point, when FF is over, the city festivals continue, so do other events require artisans that are not yet 30. They didnt have these level restrictions before and putting them in place, is a detriment to those that level at thier own place. These are tradeskill devices.

Besides I have 11 level 95 tradeskillers, the point is I went to send a guildmate out on "Ship Out" quest and I always sent them out in the past with the 2.0 version of the devices, because the recipes are 70+, they dont always finish the crafting in the measly 5 minutes the lower devices last and 15 minutes is enough time to struggle through the recipes.

Now they can't use them unless they gain 10 more levels before doing the "Ship Out" quest.

They are not overpowering to have set to level 1(where they have been since they were in game) rather than use some RNG level doled out by a program, which seems to be the case for most consumables lately.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Only turns to raids when someone just "has" to bring up Experiments (for the love of god don't start here). As to your point though I would think the reason they are "level" required is because of the skill required to make them. If I remember right (Tradeskilling is not my forte) are you speaking of the "portable forge/desk" type things which are limited in use but require a level to use them?

Edit: your 2nd post answered my question. When was this changed I wonder... if it was. Seems redundant to me to enforce level restrictions beyond lvl 30 and 60 (repectivly) considering Ship Out is lvl 70+ any TSer doing SO would be able to use Ver 2.0.

It 'may' have to do with the Tradeskill Prestiege ability "summon crafting station" though not sure I am mostly just offering suggestions.
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

Hm, the levels used to be 10 on both the regular and portable.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I never used them so thanks for the correction. Indeed if this change is in or on Test, that is an odd change. I would maybe had them require the level of tinker/tradeskill required to craft them perhaps? If they utterly want to limit it.
  7. Guiscard Active Member

Too many changes are made to TS without talking to the community or even bothering ot put it in patch notes. It is like TS is the forgotten step child. There are too many arbitrary changes without notes are explanations. And the fact that the putative TS developer doesn't even bother to communicate with us makes is worse if not insulting.

This tinkering change to level should never have gone in - who made it and WHY!!!!