Tinkered Personal Harvest Depot x2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Tiatus, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tiatus Guest

I got my tinkering high enough to make these Tinkered Personal Harvest Depot I was wondering If i got a 2nd one consigned from a friend Can I have 2 in my house? & will they work ie: if i go to my workbench will it know there is 2 depots ?

I wanted to have 1 just for rares & 1 for regular Materials
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

It is only intended that you can have one per house.
  3. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

I found that I could just squeeze tier 4-10 of the non edible mats into one depot, then I have the Provisioner off all by himself in another house with the stove and his own depot, and then I have a third depot with tier 1-3 non edible and the holiday stuff. I haven't been here long enough to have a holiday come around twice yet so I don't know if I'll move the crafting stations or switch depots (can they be moved when full?) or just go to that house and fill my pockets. When I was leveling up my Alchemist I moved the chemistry table but for the length of time you spend in tier 1-3 it isn't really worth it, she did have a nice view of Frostfang Sea while crafting though.
    It would be awfully nice if one could sort the depot contents by type and by how many of each there are, that would make it easier to see which need refilling.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

You can actually have more than one per home. This is the work around:
    1. Buy a throw away house such as in Halas (the basic home across from the broker doesn't require status points along with a couple of others).
    2. Place the new Harvest Depot in the house.
    3. Exit the house, right click on the front door and choose Move House/Items whatever it says and then in the next menu you'll be able to choose the house you wan to move it to.
    4. If you are going to do this for more than one HD, go to your "destination" house and remove the depot from the crate (This step is important.)
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each harvest depot you want in the new house.
    6. Relinquish the throw away house on the front door when you are done if you like.
    I was told to ensure you don't have any harvest depots in the moving crate in the "destination" house while going through these steps. They will either overwrite the existing one in the crate causing you to lose the one you previously moved or you'll get an error message.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Tiatus Guest

Dawnstrike wrote:
    Thanks Dawnstrike it worked a treat ..