Tinkered crafting stations

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Krastis, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Krastis Member

I have quite a few that have turned permanent anyone know how that happened?
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

They changed a number of tinkered items to permanent with PoP. The Divining rod, the crafting stations, and the Overclocked Lifestone all are unlimited charges now. Probably a number of other items as well.
  3. Krastis Member

Then its hit or miss thing because only about 70% of my tables have been unlimited
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible. I haven't made any new ones in a long time. All the ones I have in inventory (each character's bags, or the bank) were changed. It's not clear from your response whether by 70% you mean of all the types or a single type gives different results. I don't think I have all the types on hand. Just like I know the Overclocked manastone didn't get unlimited charges but the lifestone did, it's certainly possible they missed some stations. Nothing about tradeskills is consistent right now.
  5. Krastis Member

I tinkered a station the other day and it had 5 charges and it was all types. I had 2 of the same side by side in bank, 1 was unlimited the other was 5 charges.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Some of the stations have 10 charges when its at full power. I believe there are 2 sets of tinkered stations? It is possible that one of them were converted to unlimited charges and the other one wasn't. It is also possible that only baubles that had a full set of charges were converted while partially used ones would have a different item ID.

If you want answers, you should say exactly what wasn't affected. The more specific the information you provide the better.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

When the expac first came out most tinkered items were (mistakenly) changed to attunable infinite charges.
    They later fixed it so new tinkered items were (almost) all single use items stackable to 800-900.|
    Only newly created items are single charge. The items that were already crafted and were infinite use still are. They also unattune every time you log out.
    That's not a problem for crafting stations, but it makes the infinite use mana stones, feign totems and similiar items mostly unusable.
    You win some, you lose some ;)
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's the case, as my gnomish safety recaller isn't quite following this. I've logged in and not had to reattune. Perhaps using after login does this. I'm also thinking using the artisan escape might throw this off. Something is wrong, one way or another.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've found that the special recipes, like giggle-gibber feign death tinkered bit and such are still busted. The recipes in the 'standard' books seem to be working properly.
  10. Marae Well-Known Member

I for one am grateful for the crafting stations being permanent and attunable rather than consumable, since on one character (my experimenter) I use one or another almost every other day for my apprentice dailies. But I was puzzled as to why they seemed to unattune and then reattune spontaneously at times. I initially noticed this behavior after an update and for a while it seemed that at every update they would unattune themselves, but lately I've noticed it happening sporadically between updates - and just as sporadically, they may reattune without me doing anything. It's weird.
  11. Zehl_IceFire Member

I haven't played for a while and I went to get some tables out of the bank and was happy to see they are unlimited attuneable now, then I had to make a few more for a young crafter & saw newly made ones are charges.