Timelord ? Where is the fun ?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gaptia, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Gaptia Active Member

Timelord was a reset ability with 5 min recast and immunity for 30 min to people having this buff.
    Last patch it was fix... 45 min recast in apprentice and 30 min to Ancient...

How can I use this spell ? Do I have to bring a lot of watch to monitor who get my buff (and if we're 2 illu how can I track it ?) And how lucky has to be the people who tell me to reset his timers AND not in the 30/45 min immune AND not in my 5 min cooldown ?

This spell is useless and way too boring to track it.
    Reconsider this "epic" buff. AS it it now, I doubt I will put it in my hotkey bar.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

What does this ability do exactly ?
    But yeah 45 mins is a lot, better be great one

Still i think it's better than manaward
  3. theriatis Active Member

Ask Peter Capaldi about it. Or David Tennant. *snicker*

But yes, as a receiver of this spell, it sucks. -.-
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Compared to other classes, we got hosed again. Not to mention one of the ugliest (laziest) designs for the epic weapons appearances'.

Just make it a 2.5min reset for anyone in grp... problem solved and more fun. I mean everyone else seems to be having a blast with new abilities. One is static and descent and the other, confusing as all get out and absolutely no fun to try and track in a 3 hour raid or a four hour session of zone hopping with friends...

Really??? Maybe the female player base likes it, or it could just be me, which tends to be the issue. However, the spell Timelord sucks. I can play a ton of different appearance weapons as I see fit, but I'm stuck with another useless spell...

[IMG]
    Udonn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oooooh, you want ugly epic weapons, try the poor Mystic; when they talk about "being beaten with the Ugly Stick," that's the one they talk about. Compared to that thing, yours is a thing of wonder and a joy forever. But yeah, the pink radiance doesn't always appeal across the entire demographic, I'm sure. :D

And yeah, those Timelords, they're a pain at the best of times...there was one, he was fairly decent, but the rest of 'em... ;)

Uwk
    Jrox likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

About ugly weapons, i think the troub wins !!

Anyway appearance can save u
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, yes indeed. ;) One of the things I love about this game, over that Other One...I much preferred the grand majority of the item art in that Other Game (rhymes with Furled of Oar Raft), but there was no way to keep the really cool stuff once you'd outgrown it. :(

Uwk
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Does any other class have a spell they have to wait 45 minutes on to recast on a grp member or raid member? Honestly asking, I do not know of one. :cool:
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

should or reset every encounter ... u could only cast it once on the same person in one encounter.

the issue is .. u start with named, u wipe .. u used it on your big dps classes and over for the next try .. wasted.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

The Defiler Dream Scorcher has always been ugly as sin.
    Appearance slots ftw back then. The wardrobe function now is even better.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Exactly!! Thank you!!

Hmmm o_O , speaking to abilities not appearance, unless I missed something? :oops:
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

There is a side convo going with Eararr & Ewk about ugly weapons. I was speaking to that conversation. Should have addressed one of them, I suppose.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jrox like this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

14. Earar Well-Known Member

The reuse isn't the issue, it's the 45 - 30 min timer the person u use it on has
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jrox like this.
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

If Im in heroics with a grp of six. I can recast every 5 minutes. So in 30 minutes I could have reset the whole grp including the healer and now I can't use the spell for another 15minutes. I have upgraded mine with shards but it's still ten minutes before I can use it again. What other class has a spell so constricting? The spell can be tons of fun! Just get rid of the one person every 45 min part. Maybe reduce the recast to 3.5min and vwala... Or upgrades run from 5 min down to 3.5. But the other timer is killing the fun in raids and grps.

I really wish they would consider this. I don't think this change would make anyone OP! And I think everyone would enjoy it in a grp or raid setting!
  16. Skiasss Member

Considering what it resets I'm not mad at the reuse....
    But I'm not against it going from a 30 min base and goes down to a 15 minute timer at ancient

But anything more would make the spell way OP due to what it resets
  17. Skiasss Member

Also considering the fact that coercers got crap for abilities I'm happy with our super long reset :)
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

15 minutes is much more manageable and fun. This would allow it to be cast more than once per zone on a couple of folks. I could feel the love in that correction! ;)
  19. Skiasss Member

Yeah i have tried asking for a buff or some timer or something to let us know that someone can't be reset but no response on whether or not it can be done...
    Jrox likes this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

yes ... if you are not in combat thou :D