Timed Quests - Do you like them?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by NrthnStar5, Apr 29, 2016.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

What's your consensus on the timed quests from both ToT & GU100? Do you find them fun, or do you dislike them? Share your thoughts and opinions! Just thought it'd be interesting to see the communities overall thoughts.

* My personal opinion on these timed quests is mixed. I find them frustrating at times, especially the first time I do one. Some are very easy once you know exactly what you need to do, and some remain frustrating. Overall, I don't find them fun. I find them tolerable.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I never have liked timed quests.
  3. Chrol Developer

Hey don't forget Phantom and Tranquil Seas. You get to be a pig in one of them!!!
    Feldon and NrthnStar5 like this.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

You are exactly right, I forgot all about those. My bad! ;)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It really depends on the quest. Having the timer makes learning them frustrating, but once I have them learned they're fun and "easy money" as it were. I love that EverQuest has such a variety of quest types overall.
    Lateana, Prissetta and NrthnStar5 like this.
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Depends on the quests, mostly I don't really care for them tho.
    Neiloch and NrthnStar5 like this.
  7. Taezya Member

I love the timed quests. Some are nearly impossible unless you know tricks to get them done, but they're fairly ok to pass the extra time. Anyway, I do have a problem with the new ones in Zek as the ones that ask you to collect a number of an item or to kill a number of mobs don't tell you how many you need. So if you get lucky enough to complete them for the first time keep track of what you need cuz there is no pop up saying you killed 4/20 orc destructors. Instead it says you killed 4 orc destructors. That's not helpful at all...lol. They're all like that in Zek. Well I've only found 4 timed quests. 3/4 of them don't help you keep track of what you're doing...
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

Depends on mood, time of day, how much coffee, etc. Most times it's 'Yeah, let's do this!' and other times it's 'Hades' and press delete.

So, it does look like I raise my hand for 'I like them.' lol
    HaphazardAllure and NrthnStar5 like this.
  9. RedBB Active Member

Generally not a fan but they can be fun. Hate the lotto box system they reward far more.
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I am not generally a fan of them. Especially in dungeons. I can complete them with no issues in the TOT zones, but boy it irritated me the first time I saw that red timer pop up and I was all in "explore the zone" mode. Seeing that timer put me in "holy crap is this something I need to do to finish the zone??? I better hurry. dang it I'm going to miss something rushing through the zone like this. "

I did most of the ones in AoM one time through each and then never did them again (even though being a pig is fun sometimes lol). I honestly have yet to do any of the overland ones in TOT that get the keys & what not. I suppose I should at some point but I just haven't felt the need.
    Sigrdrifa and NrthnStar5 like this.
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

Not a fan of timed quests.....neither is my husband....sadly we are missing out on chances for great gear....best in slot - correct?....but timed quests are not something that is doable by everyone....especially those with limitations due to disabilities. Not expecting special treatment....but why not make them a little easier...what would it hurt?
  12. Taezya Member

Most of them aren't hard. I do several regularly with no problems. Some like i said are almost but not completely impossible. You just need to figure out the trick. It took me a while to be able to do the spider run with plenty of time left easy peasy. But there's a quest in what I like to call the sky cave...not to be mistaken with the sky tunnelled cave...lol... that is just frustrating the crap outta me. I run outta time before I get the 3rd color done. You have to clear the cave floor first and then click on the pyre or whatever it is and you have to kill (i never remember the names of mobs) until you get the colored stones. You then have to combine them so that the 2 primary colors make a secondary colored stone like blue and red makes a purple stone. Then you click on the pyre and it changes to a different color...orange or green and you do it again...but it's almost impossible in the time they give you. I'm gonna get it though...lol.

I haven't figured out how to do the light posts so I completely ignore it.

But I found 10 and I can do 8 of them with little to no problems.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

I usually run em' once, then forget about them afterwards. Same for the Key quests in ToT.
  14. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I started to write a long response but the more I thought about it the more I realized the answer is simple. I hate timed quests.
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  15. Xillean Well-Known Member

I like them well enough.

Wouldn't really care either way if they were removed however.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Don't like them
  17. Faelfreeblood Active Member

I don't like playing beat the clock with anything, I am likely to get this xpac as I am messing around with my old pre break bst, if I follow through with her, shes (92) I am sorry to hear there are timed quests...though that really dose not mean much one way or another as you can prob skip them if you like. I remember a old game called dragonsnest, as a ranger test you had to kill so many poochems, in a set time limit, after 9 hours of trying I quit the game forever. Well, that and the rude quest givers.
  18. Aivet Well-Known Member

I don't really mind timed quests, but I don't go out of my way to do them. If I happen to be passing, sure. What annoys me is that I'll spend 3 minutes doing a Thalumbra quest then spend 15 minutes trying to find the chest. Just put them outside Maldura or something. Flying around trying to find one is nothing more than pointless busy work. Then there's those joyful times when I visit all the chest locations only to discover the cursed thing's moved whilst I was trying to find it.
  19. GadZook New Member

I don't mind timed quests, it gives an option for down time. I don't like the fact I almost have to do them to get BiS. It is what it is though and I'll key grind when ever I have the time. The one thing that has kind of gotten to me is the lack of creativity with the Zek ones...Granted I only know of 8 and one would assume there's 10, but from what I've seen, some really cool/fun opportunities were missed for some quests. Maybe these do exist and I just haven't found them but key quests involving the giant lumber axes, catapults, siege bows and even the braziers could have proven very entertaining like some past ones. This kill/loot X amount for most of these is completely mind numbing and lacks the variety that has allowed me to grind these before.
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I kind of enjoy them...gives me something to do when I'm just kicking around by myself. I particularly enjoy the crabber one from new zek. The pig one was funny too, and I found the one where you had to shoot seagulls oddly satisfying... heh heh. There are certain ones I find annoying... the lion one is the best example from the new stuff. I liked it when the reset timer was shorter for them though, because then you could just do the ones you liked more often, and there was no call to bother with the ones you didn't enjoy.

It makes me mad that the Cyans from the zek keys are no-trade though! They should make those heirloom!!!!