TIMECARDS for PLAT

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kitila, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    They already have, stating that you can trade, but you do so at your own risk, and if you make bad judgements, they're not going to play policeman and come sort it out. What more do you want?
  2. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

freeSpirit wrote:
    Hey now...that IS how Smokey has professed to running the game...so don't think you are crazy for feeling that way.
  3. ARCHIVED-Canthinkofaname Guest

I'd much rather sell my plat for cash than SC. Is this legal too? Probably not. LOL
  4. ARCHIVED-Kursa Guest

well thanks to all the "Great" advice of everyone here, i trusted a person in game in this grand ol tradition, since its allowed now why not. Well you'll never guess what happen.... I GOT SCAMMED, OUT OF 275P Sent a /report and ticket and to my suprise (sarcasm) SOE refuses to do anything about it This is exactly why these transactions shouldnt be permitted in the first place. How can you turn your back to something and then refuse to police it if it goes bad. No wonder people are scammers, they know theres no 0punishment so theres no discouragement to do it hell if its that easy i might as well start doing it (Joking) but seriously <<<--- 8 years, 6 accounts, SWG and EQ2 do the math, I have paid my dues, but in this case when i needed to do this in an emergency one time SOE just says its ok to take my plat and run, nah thats the final straw. I came back to EQ2 out of loyalty for SOE, i could have left when SWG got shut down, but if this is loyalty to the consumer Ill go play LOLTOR atleast bioware knows how to treat a customer even if they dont know how to make a game
  5. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Kursa@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    soe cant stop these transactions unless they stop putting the sc /game time cards in the stores.
    this is nothing new, this has been going on since they started putting the cards in the stores wich was like almost 2 years ago.
  6. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Kursa@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Actually, I think people said that SoE would not do anything if you got scammed, and that some people had success trading SC for plat with guildies and friends. I have yet to see advice given out that trading randomly with some player you don't know is the best thing ever.
    In fact, to reiterate, SoE WILL NOT help you if you are scammed. Trading plat for SC is done at your own risk, and always has been.
    I mean, I'm sorry you got scammed, but when you do things like this, that SoE does not regulate, you always carry this risk.