Time to start feedback for the next expac (2009). Ideas needed!

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Shrell, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

kela wrote:
    Kela, you must like to argue don't ya? I don't think I ever seen a very substantative post from you that is positive in nature. Do you really honestly think that because of the fires a week before launch caused the Epic Weapons to not go live at launch. Your logic and math is not very good. I am not trying to argue semantics with you, but lets see...
    1 week lost due to fires in San Diego caused Epic Weapons to be released 2 months later. *ponder* 7 days vs 60 days? The math is not adding up. Even if the developers were working 12 hours a day, it still wouldn't add up on to the long delay. Heck, they couldn't even let us Beta test them because they weren't ready yet. That means the weapons were not ready at launch and the saving grace of SoE was the San Diego fires. It gave them a reason to post pone them.
    Class hats from KoS took over 18 months to fully implement. EoF the Signature Armor were not ready as well as Unrest.
    There is a lot of content advertised in MMO's that are not fully working or working as intended or even in the game at it's launch. Sometimes content never makes it into game at all. It has always been that way no matter what MMO you play. If you don't know that, then you are truly blind.
  2. ARCHIVED-trexnco1 Guest

How about something involving the sea? I'd love the ability to hop on boats and find adventure, pirates and fantasy. Someone mentioned an underwater zone, well that would fit in nicely. Small lil island based quests and exploration would be included. Ocean of Tears revamped, enlarged and expanded would make an interesting aelement to MMO play.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

kela wrote:
    we still havent seen Kurn's Tower....
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Wolphin wrote:
    And when what it avertised to be part of the expainsion?
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    First off they where more or less shutdown on Oct 22, the expainsion released on Nov 13th, that is nearly a month of "Crunch Time" work not done on Epic weopons. The fire didn't just delay them working on them, they stoped development of them and moved those resources to other content, to get that content done on time.
    Now does a 2 month delay seem more resonable... btw I commend you on taking out the 3 weeks of virtually usless time for, Thanksgiving, Chrismas, and New Years, when the no one really does anything.
  6. ARCHIVED-bluefish Guest

No More Leveling!

just give us

MORE CONTENT!
  7. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

A. What I want in the next expansion
    (1)I want devs to take top priority to adjust the balance of classes. Now, there is a very significant difference between the classes which are needed in raid and the classes which aren't needed in raid.
    And while Fighter has 6 subclasses, it is at most only 4 Fighters that are needed in raid. I want devs to adjust this.
    (2)TSO is heavily focused into multi target or encounter.
    And almost TSO instances are very hard.
    I want devs to make instances by taking into account the balance/admeasurement of single target/multi target. And I want devs to make instances less harder.
    (3)Items
    a) It is good that we collect gears by collecting void shard. However only set armor is useful after all, and we can't help but grinding TSO instances everyday to get accessories like the way we used to be.
    The drop rate of "Signet of Vampire Kind" of Evernight Abbey or "Mistmoore Battle Drums" of Mistmyr Manor is 1.6%. The fact that even the drop rate of the cloak of Runnyeye: the Gathering is 3.5% indicates that 1.6% is too low.
    Where did the concept of TSO that we collect gears by collecting void shard go?
    I'm tired of going to instances again and again to get items.
    b) It seems that there are hardly gears attractive for healers in TSO instances.
    All items for healers haven't changed since RoK and there isn't new unique proc item.
    For example, there isn't any good item for healers in Necrotic Asylum.
    But Necrotic Asylum needs 2 healers for normal group(for last named mob).
    Therefore, even if I want to go to Necrotic Asylum by pick up group, I have always hardly been telled.
    This is same in Evernight Abbey.
    And Bards gathers soon for Mistmyr Manor to get "Mistmoore Battle Drums", but Mistmyr Manor is short of tank and healers.
    All the clues indicate that good gears for each 4 archtypes(Fighter, Priest, Scout, and Mage) should drop in all instances.
    I don't know about USA servers. But in the Japanese server "Sebilis", it is common that players make pick up groups in the channnel called "lfg" which volunteers made and then go to instances.
    There may be players who go to instances with only guild mates.
    But there is the problem that pick up groups are short of healers because there isn't any good item for healers.
    I want devs to do something about this problem.
    B. Raid
    I don't want devs to make any raid content that if even only one player makes a mistake all raid members will die like Venril Sathir's Lair.
    I can accept the raid content that even if someone makes a mistake, someone can help him or only he will die. But the raid content that a mistake of only one player will kill all raid members is an overkill and just frustrating.
    Raid like Venril Sathir's Lair makes raid members feel embarrassed.
    I want raids to be able to be done readily.
    C. Difficulty of EQ2
    It seems that the current EQ2 is too hard entirely.
    At the same time, it seems that the current EQ2 is too comlicated(especially, raid).
    This is same in instance and raid.
    USA players may feel the current EQ2 normal and very easy. But I think that almost all TSO instances are too hard and too complicated.
    I can't think that TSO instances are challenging.
    For example, Nu'roga is very far, very long to be cleared, and can't be shared daily mission. These are the reason why people don't want to go to Nu'roga.
    And, for example, Guk: The Lower Corridors is full of unreasonably strong named mobs(strong because of unreasonable script) and too long to be cleared because of it. This is why people(Japanese players) hate Guk: The Lower Corridors.
    My ideal instance is an instance that we can go readily, short to be creared, and has good gears for each archtypes(Fighter, Priest, Scout, and Mage), like Maiden's Chamber.
    I want instances and raid contents to be less harder and less complicated entirely.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elslav Guest

1-2 or more char slots, I am sick of deleting chars to make a newb
  9. ARCHIVED-Jeenyous Guest

Updated class hats, add more variety of them, add class armors and class weapons among other class gear.
    Gear that levels with you and has multiple adornment slots, some dropped, some crafted that you can place on them. Sure it might be more rare or even associated with an "epic" quest of some type, but these pieces do not necessarily need to be raided to obtain. Some could be though.
    Character centered lighting toggle or separate torch box on the paper doll that doesn't take up a charm slot.
    Add old world parts that are not in the game, like Odus.
    Add dungeons that have been missed from EQ1 core world and Kunark.
    Larger level cap raise to 100 with another AA Tree so there will be 100/250 characters.
    Option to auto level new characters for those who have characters that are 80+ or increase xp faster the higher you get. This would include harvesting / crafting skill as well as achievement, access, griffon towers, druid rings, zones, etc. Yes, basically I am saying do not make someone endure doing everything they already have multiple times even more if they do not wish to. The key word here is "option". An option to essentially skip to near endgame since that is where the gameplay is now anyhow. For those who do not wish autolevel to or are unable, they can continue to enjoy the game in the lower levels.
    2 more character slots, 4 more for those who have station access accounts.
    More 12-character raid zones (levels 50+ all the way to cap) for smaller guilds / groups of friends.
    Add Vah Shir & B34stlords even without Luclin if it isn't the next expansion, but instead weave some far fetched lore story that just completely doesn't fit right just because.
    If you're going to ask, ask big right? Maybe you'll get half, which is all you really wanted in the first place!
  10. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

A lot of good ideas...with the expansion being released in 6 months practically, and it probably being announced at Fan Faire, I wonder how many of these ideas will pop up.
    On a side note...has a copyright been released yet?
  11. ARCHIVED-triar76 Guest

Hum even though I haven't played EQ1 in over 5 years I still miss my B lord( fuuny that that word is censored), would be nice if they brought them back.
  12. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

triar76 wrote:
    It is censored because people keep mentioning them, when it has been answered many times haha so yeah...thats why (kinda...might be a bit different)
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

triar76 wrote:
    It started as a joke but do to popular demand by those that exsept the truth, that heck will freeze over befor there will be a {Rick Astley} class or any new class for that matter, they kept it in.
  14. ARCHIVED-triar76 Guest

I know that heck will freeze, still can wish.
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Wish in one hand and ... well you get the Idea.
  16. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

Velious type lore expansion and yes ima say it....bstlords! *gasp*
    Btw cant help but laugh at the guy a few posts above me saying that this game is too hard.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

salty21db wrote:
    Me?
    I think that this game is too hard currently.
    In Japanese server, even a group of only players with mythical weapon and T2 void shard armor can't clear WoE.
    There is only one raid guild which has killed Avatars in Japanese server.
    For Japanese players, this game is very hard, imo.
    This game may be normal and very easy for USA players.
    But this game is hard at least for Japanese players.
    This game is a USA game.
    Therefore, it's not surprising that this game has been created for USA players.
    But as a Japanese player, I posted my opinion.
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Nero wrote:
    Don't know about why you are having trouble wiht WoE, however the Avatars are suposed to be the Toughest fights in the game, it is not suprising that only one guild has ever beat them.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

kela wrote:
    It is reported that many groups consisting of only players with mythical weapon and T2 void shard armor can't clear WoE in Japanese server.
    WoE may be easy or normal for USA players.
    But for Japanese players, it is very hard.
    Even only this fact indicates that this game is hard for Japanese players.
  20. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

What i would like to see...expanded/changed from any previous posts....

New good aligned city
    New good race (Elemental based race, consisting of 4 looks. water, air, earth and fire... each has two different apperances, one for when there in the natural element, and another when there not)
    New diety AA tree - first line has 3 AA's you must pick before advancing. Consists of 2 that are strickly for fun and apperance, while the third is"improved" diety pet
    then you can choose between 4 lines, Fighter, priest, Mage, Scout,.. basically changes the blessing and miracles into something that better corrasponds to your class type. (I personally cant see a reason on why sol ro cant have spells that help healers)
    Last ability is a decent effect for the Archtype thats recastable every 15 mins

New AA tree - first line is general line which is strickly non combat/crafting. Its all quality of life AA's. Things such as improved ports, faster run speed, extra bag slot,
    Second line is stat based only... increase int sta, str etc... Also resists, elemental, piercing, crushing etc...
    Third line is secondary effects only on current spells. All effects do not include roles that current class play.. Example is a mage will not have dps effects, priest wont have heal effects....BUT what they will have is for mages include snare, wis/mit debuffs, health/sta buff proc, etc... Healer damageshield, proc stat/resist buffs, plus to crushing/peircing.... etc
    final fourth line includes improvements to exsisting AA end abilities... like improved manaburn, or improved lifeburn. Final two AA's include cool AA's from eq1, like rogue super stealth.

main epic quest line (godking prismatic.. etc..) Signiture quest, grp based like tso, but diety oriented. your diety calls upon you to do a task. Long quest line, like claymore. you recieve a ring, that can me improved upon when you complete the x2 version. You also recieve a new and improved deity cloak.
    New zones - epic in scale like RoK. With massive quest lines, BUT every open dungoen has named and comparable loot/xp in which ppl can choose...grinding or questing.
    Actually have quests that require more then just run here kill that.... be cool if alcohol tolerance, story based whre u have to take the time to pay attntion to what they say... have the xp reflect the time put in for it if that is the case.... or player to player interaction. Hve a quest requires you to go to a local tavern and beat aplayer or npc in a game of... something...or at the tavern you have to convince 5 npc yhour uber sh** :p...thinking of taverns have some more interactions in taverns... take another idea from wow..increases vitaility if you camp in one.. but also if your within one regardless... have npc's give out quests at a certan time... range from exsisting quests...go here kill that... or... drink the barbarian under the table...
    I would just like to see more interaction with inthe world of Norrath then just click here then there....
    New armor sets - 2 grp versions, 1 raid version. Second grp is a major departer from designs. The is a fantasy based game...no reason warlocks cant haveskull shoulders and kneecaps, or clerics cant have flowing ornate cloth from there plate armor... i mean exgerated, not to the point of WoW but something where u look and say oh nice!

New HQ's and Imrpoved old HQ's - improved manastone, new one that have a history with ever land that is rediscovered.